Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video from our trip to Nurburgring Germany

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 02:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts
Default Video from our trip to Nurburgring Germany

This was my first attempt to record some video from a trip in the F-type, and it did not come out that well.

However it does show some Autobahn driving at semi high speeds, F-type R sound, different weather conditions that we met in April in Germany, but unfortunately no driving at the Nurburgring track due to the weather.

So not very exciting, but for those who wants to have a look, here it is:

The following users liked this post:
Schwabe (07-06-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 03:17 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

It's always the same. You want to get a move on and some Porsche driver is crawling along in the outside lane blocking the road.

Good picture quality from the fixed camera mount.

Graham

Old 07-02-2016, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Arne, this may be an entirely redundant statement (particularly on this forum), but your car was the best looking of the bunch.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Arne, this may be an entirely redundant statement (particularly on this forum), but your car was the best looking of the bunch.
Might not come as a surprize, but I do agree with you

Old 07-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Arne
Might not come as a surprize, but I do agree with you
No offense to my two fine friends but why do I think of this scene - and Winston Wolf's line - from this amazing cult classic?

Best regards gentlemen best regards,
Jay

The following users liked this post:
mikelanzetta (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 03:02 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
No offense to my two fine friends but why do I think of this scene - and Winston Wolf's line - from this amazing cult classic?

Best regards gentlemen best regards,
Jay
That made me laugh.... a good one.

Best regards to you too Jay

Old 07-03-2016, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Arne
That made me laugh.... a good one.

Best regards to you too Jay
+1. lol

Old 07-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

[QUOTE=Arne;1491517]This was my first attempt to record some video from a trip in the F-type, and it did not come out that well.

However it does show some Autobahn driving at semi high speeds, F-type R sound, different weather conditions that we met in April in Germany, but unfortunately no driving at the Nurburgring track due to the weather.

So not very exciting, but for those who wants to have a look, here it is:
url][QUOTE]

I did happen to notice that from one of the sections of the video you managed to get up to about 160 or so. Nice. Assuming I read that speedo correctly and its identical to mine

Old 07-04-2016, 12:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mbourne

I did happen to notice that from one of the sections of the video you managed to get up to about 160 or so. Nice. Assuming I read that speedo correctly and its identical to mine
That's correct - you can see 260 km/h displayed in the digital speedo a few times, which is ~ 160+ mph. The F-type felt very planted and easy to handle at that speed, and I think 300+ km/h (displayed) would be easy to reach if trafic had allowed.

Maybe next time

The following 2 users liked this post by Arne:
Mbourne (07-04-2016), Smoke Em (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks Arne.. Great video.. It was awesome to see how the car performs at those speeds. Very jealous you had the opportunity to do that.. Thank you for sharing..

Old 07-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

ive always wondered what the front end of an autobarn'd car looks like stone chip wise

or are the roads that well kept there's no loose stones kicked up from shoulder

Old 07-05-2016, 01:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by domino_z
ive always wondered what the front end of an autobarn'd car looks like stone chip wise

or are the roads that well kept there's no loose stones kicked up from shoulder

From my experience it is usually not that bad. However I do not live in Germany and have only traveled there during summer time, so I don't know if it is worse in winter time.

As on any roads, the distance kept to the car in front will make a big difference over time. And the "problem" on Aotobahn when driving fast in company with other cars, is that if you leave the gap too big, it will often be a (much) slower car that will cut in in front of you. And when he finally moves over to the slower lanes again, the others in the Company has gotten a major lead - and other slower cars has usually filled that gap allready, so it will be hard getting back on their tail.

To prevent that from happening, you need to stay relatively close to the car in front, but on the cost of increased risk of more stone chips.

I did not pick up any major stonechips on this trip, but we did have one unlucky "accident". At one place were we where going rather fast, there was some sand across the road. Probably something that had fallen of a lorry. At lower speeds it would probably not had caused any marks on the Paint, but at 160+ mph the fine grain actually marked the paint on many places. We were 5 cars in a row, and the first car threw the grains in the air like a cloud....

Most of it will probably polish off, so I don't yet know how much lasting damage it has done, but With Xpel on the car (which I have not) it would cause no problems. The marks are very small, and only noticable close up (a couple of feet away).

My own view on this is that these kind of battlescars will happen if you use the car for these kind of trips, and it's worth it. Xpel (or similar) is one solution. The other solution (the one I have chosen) is to learn to live with these minor marks, and do a full repaint (in the original color) some years in the future - if it gets too bad.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Seems like Arne went to Jay's driving school in Boston... Very impressive....

Old 07-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Received 335 Likes on 201 Posts

Love that video...you have a great Jag.