F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vmax lied

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

A lot of you know the problems we have been having with the max well the truth comes out today he is not Tuneing the car is in California his real name is Andy and is located in Columbus Ohio. originally I could not figure out how a.k.a. Bill knows everybody in Columbus Ohio and stories about dealership owners being all the way in California but he assured me it's because they do custom tuning for these people at the dealerships well the truth comes out his real name is Andy !!! And if you look up his real name you'll have a lot to say about it that's why we couldn't find a.k.a. Bill Williams

He contacted my tuner by text message telling him not to tell me he is the one that really turned my car this text copy will be a good start but if anybody can't get their money back or is having a problem with their car this is the real man and the real phone number you need to call
My Tune was absolutely terrible don't let Andy rip you off anymore I expect my money back in my account immediately

ANDY/MHP ..Please Read Before Dealing with him. - MBWorld.org Forums
rip off artist

BimmerBoost - The final nail in the MHP (Modern Horsepower / Andrew Cluck) "tuner" coffin? MHP business done? MHP M156 63 AMG "records" actually belong to another tuner

BenzBoost

This goes on and on
What do you have to say for yourself now and andy/bill

Last edited by Cambo; 02-20-2016 at 05:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaronstoys:
jm717 (02-20-2016), Robgodius (02-20-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaronstoys
BenzBoost

This goes on and on
What do you have to say for yourself now and andy/bill
What I'd like to know is who you really are. Of your relatively few posts, close to 90% are disparaging of VMax. Try acting like a real mensch, and resolve your issues with Bill directly. He has already offered you a full refund.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:22 PM

Im a guy that loves cars and just bought my jag and wanted it tuned why would you defend him I don't want other people to get taken by Andy I'm just trying to help you can gladly call me anytime and talk unhingd

I also just bought the car and that's why I'm new to the forum but not new to the car world at all I'm just trying to stop people from getting taking advantage of

I sent you my number

I don't know why unhinged is defending him look at the other fourms that I linked you to it will tell the story perfectly also I would love to talk to Andy/ aka bill but he decided not to call my phone today after I found everything out at the dyno shop I'll gladly Take his phone call

Last edited by Cambo; 02-20-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member

Im a guy that loves cars and just bought my jag and wanted it tuned why would you defend him I don't want other people to get taken by Andy I'm just trying to help you can gladly call me anytime and talk unhigh
I defend Bill only because he treated me fairly and provided me with a tune that I was independently able to verify as being substantially superior to the OEM tune.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:43 PM

I'm glad your tune turned out OK but Andy has done a lot of damage on a lot of Internet forums to people that just want to not be taken advantage of

Like I said feel free to read all about his other dealings with people's cars

Last edited by Cambo; 02-20-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

So Jaronstoys - sorry you had a rough experience. But you have to know Uningd is kind of a big deal / pillar of the community around here. Don't go baiting him or implying anything, or you are going to lose all credibility.

As was said higher up in the thread, please keep your VMax war on a private channel. We get you are unhappy.

Orkney.

PS, if you think I am a mythological character, please feel free to bring yourself and your unhappy outlook to Dallas. We can help you with that. We have piles of BBQ and gallons of beer. Once we are done with you, the problems will feel much less severe.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Jaron, I am sure you have heard of the old proverb, "you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink". That is what we have here. We warned the folks on this forum about our experiences and they have to decide for themselves whom to believe. Some might get lucky and receive a great tune. Others, like us, not so much. I personally chose to avoid the risk and got reflashed back to OEM (at least that is what I THINK I got from Bill/Andy). If some people want to roll the dice with their 6 figure cars, more power to them. I suggest you save your breath swimming against the tide. It seems the minds have been made up and those who would listen already have.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I wouldn't say that most minds have been made up. I think the jury is very much out, and I, for one, welcome any and all info and experiences. I think the majority following this saga would agree.

The following 2 users liked this post by Foosh:
Mbourne (02-20-2016), Uncle Fishbits (02-22-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

So what's the problem with your tune?

Old 02-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I wouldn't say that most minds have been made up. I think the jury is very much out, and I, for one, welcome any and all info and experiences. I think the majority following this saga would agree.
+1

I appreciate Jaronstoys and Robgodius stories greatly. I think this forum is full of great suggestions and great people in general – always willing to share their enthusiasm for the car, big and small improvements etc. Sharing bad experiences is part of that, and looking out for each other should be encouraged.

Most of us are able to form educated opinions over time, all input along the way helps that process. There are waaay too many warning flags around Vmax for me to ignore … but I understand if others come to a different conclusion. I would hope that most members agree that there is no need to put a lid on opinions just yet

The following 2 users liked this post by jm717:
Foosh (02-20-2016), Uncle Fishbits (02-22-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

My intent is not to stifle Jaron but to convey my belief that we can only provide information on our experiences and not to get into pissing contests with folks on the other side of the fence. Just present the facts and let everyone make up their own minds.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Robgodius
My intent is not to stifle Jaron but to convey my belief that we can only provide information on our experiences and not to get into pissing contests with folks on the other side of the fence. Just present the facts and let everyone make up their own minds.
I understand completely, which is why I said very specifically that I "welcome any and all info and experiences"--the more the better in response to your first post on this thread. At some point the weight of the evidence, either positive or negative, will prevail. The only way people will have a good basis to make up their own minds is by hearing as many experiences as possible.

Where you were mistaken, and were in some sense stifling others, was in saying that "people's minds were made up" and "save your breath." I'm reasonably certain that is not the case.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I defend Bill only because he treated me fairly and provided me with a tune that I was independently able to verify as being substantially superior to the OEM tune.
Great talking to you on the phone he will be posting in a few about his findings and research on andy Aka Bill jones williams Aka Bill Smith

Last edited by Jaronstoys; 02-20-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

So what's the problem with your tune?
+1 on this Jaron, what is the problem with the tune. If there is one...

Jaron, i've merged your successive posts (5 in row, really?)

I don't know the whole backstory here, so I suggest you calm yourself down, and explain very clearly what your issue is, because you're not making much sense.

It would not surprise me at all that the guy doing the bench-flash of the ECU is a different guy to who does the OBD-flash, they are different process' requiring different skills.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Veteran Member
Angry

Well, unfortunately this mind is made up. After conducting some additional research which I will be happy to share in a PM, and a very interesting conversation with Jaronstoys, I have concluded that William "Bill" Jones (as he is known to me), aka Bill Williams, aka Andy Cluck has indeed misrepresented facts to a number of people on this forum. (I'm not saying he has, merely stating that I personally believe he has). Despite delivering an excellent tune to me (from wherever), there is no excuse for purposefully misleading folks. I will try to help Jaron get back to an OEM tune or something he can be real happy with.

Last edited by Unhingd; 02-20-2016 at 05:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (02-22-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Lance, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cambo
Lance, please send me a PM. Thanks.
Will do.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Seems like a good time to wait for a tune... Lucky me he never got back when I queried about the tune, and Eurotoys sounded complicated....

Old 02-20-2016, 06:07 PM

It pretty simple really bill aka Andy has some very unhappy customers ( just search his name ) and was kicked off every forum he was on. Now he lied to everyone here with a fake name so we could not research his past and know what kind of person he really is and problems he has had with other customers and forums . And again thank you lance you seem like a very stand up guy

Last edited by Jaronstoys; 02-20-2016 at 06:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaronstoys:
Uncle Fishbits (02-22-2016), Unhingd (02-20-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member

It pretty simple really bill aka Andy has some very unhappy customers ( just search his name ) and was kicked off every forum he was on. Now he lied to everyone here with a fake name so we could not research his past and know what kind of person he really is and problems he has had with other customers and forums . And again thank you lance you seem like a very stand up guy
You're right that Lance is a very stand-up guy, so his conclusion essentially settles it for me.

But, what's wrong with your tune? As you also saw, Lance is very happy with his.

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (02-20-2016)

Quick Reply: Vmax lied