F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vmax lied

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 06:23 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Hope Lance's tune is OK and safe.

If the aim was to provide an 'impressive' initial tune to a well known forum member to garner more sales, I hope that some consideration was given to the tune being safe as well as 'impressive' - the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

FWIW, the original glowing tune report at the end of last year came from 'JamesJaguar' also in Columbus, Ohio. Possibly a fake ID used to generate initial credibility by 'tag teaming' with the VMax ID.

The whole thing stinks, unfortunately.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
You're right that Lance is a very stand-up guy, so his conclusion essentially settles it for me.

But, what's wrong with your tune? As you also saw, Lance is very happy with his.
Im having the same problems Robgodius is having with his tune

Old 02-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

If anyone is currently owed money by Vmax or you have their tuning kit in your possession, please send me a PM immediately. Thanks.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by mshedden
Hope Lance's tune is OK and safe.
Thank you for your concern. We data logged the pull and didn't see anything alarming. However, I will ask my tuner to look at it much more carefully and have him explore all of the changes from the OEM tune to see if any critical nannies were eliminated.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I was refunded my money. My Paypal is linked to American Express and after 4 days the funds were finally credited back to AMEX. So yesterday during lunch I get an email from Vmax apologizing for the debacle and offering me the tune for half price $500. I politely declined. I would suggest that until the forum sees before and after track results (on video), approach all dyno printouts with caution. I have seen numbers manipulated by vendors before.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpy Finn
Seems like a good time to wait for a tune... Lucky me he never got back when I queried about the tune, and Eurotoys sounded complicated....
What was complicated? Maybe I can give you a call sometime?

Mike

Old 02-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Received 154 Likes on 82 Posts

I keep reading a few of these posts, sucks that some have to go through this mess..

We've got access to a good majority of the stock original files(with O2 update recall), if it's a newer model..I can get access to it from a new vehicle...might take a day but I can work something out to get a hold of it.

If your looking to flash the car back to stock, we can help..we're not looking to make money on this..just helping out the community any way we can.

So if we can be of any help..just let us know! :-)

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 02-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

i don't get why a guy working out of C-Bus would have a PO Box in California. Is it possible that Bill is a real person and maybe partners with this Cluck fella?

Old 02-20-2016, 09:30 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
i don't get why a guy working out of C-Bus would have a PO Box in California. Is it possible that Bill is a real person and maybe partners with this Cluck fella?
That is what I was thinking, and the text posted by Jaron doesn't prove anything. Pretty sure Bill has indicated he has a number of associates that team with him, and this Andy Clark may be one of them supervising this particular tune because bill might not have been available.

Not defending the guy, but people around here are quick to jump to conclusions without all the facts, or only one side of the story in hand.

I'd like to know what sensitive info is being shared by PM that can't be shared in here on the public forum???

Also noticed that VMax was viewing this thread a few minutes ago.

Last edited by IronMike; 02-20-2016 at 09:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (02-22-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 09:50 PM

Guys Andy is Bill no doubt about it I talked to him for an hour about it today he had to change his name to cover his old business that was having a lot of problems on the Internet with bad tunes search his name and read all about it Bill Williams does not exist lol this is not a one-sided story it is all factual call the cell phone number on the picture you will be talking to Bill aka Andy he admitted all this and did not realize it I was at the police station and the sheriff was listing to everything Larry has the case number and the officers name that heard everything again this is not hearsay it is 100% factual information please do not turn this into a save bill thread again please read all about Andy and you will understand and as Lance posted feel free to PM him he will give you more information about Andy

Last edited by Jaronstoys; 02-20-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by IronMike
That is what I was thinking, and the text posted by Jaron doesn't prove anything. Pretty sure Bill has indicated he has a number of associates that team with him, and this Andy Clark may be one of them supervising this particular tune because bill might not have been available.

Not defending the guy, but people around here are quick to jump to conclusions without all the facts, or only one side of the story in hand.

I'd like to know what sensitive info is being shared by PM that can't be shared in here on the public forum???
This is pretty much it.

There is only one side of the story presented here, and until I hear from Bill I don't have the whole picture.

But whoever this Andy / Andrew Cluck is or how he's involved, he certainly has left a hell of a mess wherever he's been.

I prefer to not have any more speculation or accusation until I hear back from all involved parties.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jaronstoys
Guys Andy is Bill no doubt about it I talked to him for an hour about it today he had to change his name to cover his old business that was having a lot of problems on the Internet with bad tunessearch his name and read all about it Bill Williams does not exist lol this is not a one-sided story it is all factual call the cell phone number on the picture you will be talking to Bill sport Andy he admitted all this and did not realize it I was at the police station and the sheriff was listing to everything Larry has the case number and the officers name that heard everything again this is not hearsay it is 100% factual information please do not turn this into a save bill to thread
Well... that's pretty much killed it...

Over to you Bill, Andy, whoever...

Old 02-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Who was it ....James jaguar i think that came on here and stated that he got over 100bhp with just a map and pulley from vmax!!
Always thought it was a bit fishy, cause no one else has!!!

Old 02-20-2016, 10:15 PM

Here is The officers name and number that heard everything on speakerphone today in the police station when Andy found out the police officer was on the phone he said he wanted to talk to his lawyer before he would speak With him
But deputy hardway was listening to him try to convince me it was OK to do business as he's doing lying to people for 45 minutes to an hour

Last edited by Jaronstoys; 02-20-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo
Well... that's pretty much killed it...

Over to you Bill, Andy, whoever...
Seems there is an abundance of negativity from ONE poster who types and writes with the grammatical correctness of a first grader.

Hard to take much of what he says seriously.

Not sure this is what's going on here but I've seen smear campaigns on forums plenty of times before, and this smells more like a blatant attempt to undermine ones credibility. We have quite a few "tuning services" on this forum competing for business.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by IronMike
Seems there is an abundance of negativity from ONE poster who types and writes with the grammatical correctness of a first grader.

Hard to take much of what he says seriously.

Not sure this is what's going on here but I've seen smear campaigns on forums plenty of times before, and this smells more like a blatant attempt to undermine ones credibility. We have quite a few "tuning services" on this forum competing for business.
Of course it's ruining his credibility I'm telling you guys who he really is and that he's been lying to you this whole time this is actually crazy that you would defend him

Old 02-20-2016, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jaronstoys
Of course it's ruining his credibility I'm telling you guys who he really is and that he's been lying to you this whole time this is actually crazy that you would defend him
Not defending him. Just don't believe you. Your credibility has been called into question in other threads and you've barely been on this forum one week.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:27 PM

Frankly speaking this thread is a hair away from being locked up.

The only thing I'm interested in is the truth.

I'm waiting on some answers from Vmax, if I don't get them soon then it's done.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:31 PM

funny you're ignoring all the facts I can't get much better than posting the police officers information that heard everything on the phone

Old 02-20-2016, 10:45 PM

Just because you type it does not make it factual. I've been around message boards far too long to believe everything written here.
And I too have a roladex full of cards from important people in high places.

Quick Reply: Vmax lied