Old 12-14-2015, 07:35 PM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by VMaxTuning
Chris is slated to be one of the first.
I am eagerly awaiting your arrival..

Old 12-15-2015, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Thursday will be the day we're in Northern S.D. Chris just sent you and Daniel an email. I'll post a time and location/address shortly--will also email you directly.

Thank You

Last edited by VMaxTuning; 12-15-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Thumbs up

Thursday will be the day we're in Northern S.D. Chris just sent you and Daniel an email. I'll post a time and location/address short--will also email you directly.

Thank You
Thanks for setting this up Bill. I'll be there.

The following users liked this post:
VMaxTuning (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cbroth1
Thanks for setting this up Bill. I'll be there.

My pleasure, we have at least one other customer and working on a few others. Can't wait to meet you all and for you to enjoy the newfound power and torque!

Thank You
Bill
VMax

Old 12-15-2015, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Thursday 12/17/15 we will be in the Miramar/ Mira Mesa area for live tuning. Please email sales.vmaxtuning@gmail.com for an exact address and times.

Thank You

VMax

Last edited by VMaxTuning; 12-15-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Former Sponsor

We have openings after 1:00 PST for live tuning today in the Miramar/ Mira Mesa area.

Please email sales.vmaxtuning@gmail.com or call 949.264.3072 to schedule asap.

Thank You!
VMax

Old 12-19-2015, 02:14 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

VMax tune on one '16 R. Stock pre-tune with OEM P-zero.

I got the live tuning this past Thursday. Very laid back yet professional tuning session performed by Bob. All questions were answered and I felt at ease throughout the entire process. Whole tuning session took no more than 15 minutes. Also had the opportunity to meet Chris, good times. I see we all have the incurable disease of needing more power. That delta though...

Anyways, here's the breakdown of the car, post-tune. Immediately after the tune I took the car for a spin. Like most tunes, the car needs some time to adapt. However, I could feel the torque in 1st and 2nd gear immediately. Fast forward to 150 miles of WOT/learning and a 1:1 mix of 91 and 100, the car feels great. Significantly stronger pulls in gears 1-4. This could be biased as I really was displeased with the car stock. Did not redline 5th yet so I can't comment on 5/6. I've noticed that I have to brake at the end of most on ramps because I'm already hitting triple digits.

Conclusion: At this price point, a great value. Another plus is the fact that the car feels much smoother than stock under normal operation. This is particularly enjoyable as the car transforms into a monster under increased load. F 'R-as the tune goes, the Δ from Vo to Vmax can be best described as, "the car is fun to drive again."

VMaxTuning (12-19-2015)
Old 12-19-2015, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TimelessR
VMax tune on one '16 R. Stock pre-tune with OEM P-zero.

I got the live tuning this past Thursday. Very laid back yet professional tuning session performed by Bob. All questions were answered and I felt at ease throughout the entire process. Whole tuning session took no more than 15 minutes. Also had the opportunity to meet Chris, good times. I see we all have the incurable disease of needing more power. That delta though...

Anyways, here's the breakdown of the car, post-tune. Immediately after the tune I took the car for a spin. Like most tunes, the car needs some time to adapt. However, I could feel the torque in 1st and 2nd gear immediately. Fast forward to 150 miles of WOT/learning and a 1:1 mix of 91 and 100, the car feels great. Significantly stronger pulls in gears 1-4. This could be biased as I really was displeased with the car stock. Did not redline 5th yet so I can't comment on 5/6. I've noticed that I have to brake at the end of most on ramps because I'm already hitting triple digits.

Conclusion: At this price point, a great value. Another plus is the fact that the car feels much smoother than stock under normal operation. This is particularly enjoyable as the car transforms into a monster under increased load. F 'R-as the tune goes, the Δ from Vo to Vmax can be best described as, "the car is fun to drive again."
Hey D., it was good meeting you too, thanks. It's nice to know someone else that has my disease....insatiable horsepower appetite! I can't wait until I can get past the "toils" of vacationing so I can get my car finished. The Vmax crew has been great so far. I can't wait for the next mod...

The F-type market is an interesting space, not a high volume market like BMW or Audi yet, but full of former owners of the makes, like myself. I hope that the the F-type platform can attract some more dedicated souls that have the sickness of never being satisfied. If enough of us band together, we can get somewhere.

TimelessR (12-19-2015)
Old 12-19-2015, 11:42 PM

Hey D., it was good meeting you too, thanks. It's nice to know someone else that has my disease....insatiable horsepower appetite! I can't wait until I can get past the "toils" of vacationing so I can get my car finished. The Vmax crew has been great so far. I can't wait for the next mod...

The F-type market is an interesting space, not a high volume market like BMW or Audi yet, but full of former owners of the makes, like myself. I hope that the the F-type platform can attract some more dedicated souls that have the sickness of never being satisfied. If enough of us band together, we can get somewhere.
100 shot!

Old 12-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words Chris. Spot on as far as far as the performance aftermarket for the F Types. Still a tiny demographic compared with other high performance Euro marques but we are seeing solid demand for what we offer now and are half way to our longtube header and X pipe commitment goal. Seems like the F Type has caught the eye and converted some performance addicts from other makes.

100 shot!
No doubt that would work, but we have another hardware modification up our sleeve aside from the LTs & exhaust that aids in performance. Testing to begin in ~4 weeks.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:05 PM

Merry Christmas all! I wanted to give a brief update on the tuning adventure. Bob from Vmax accommodated my very tight holiday travel schedule by Fedexing me a tuning laptop and tool. Just before I left for Colorado, he was able to perform a remote tune and get me on the road. I didn't have a chance to drive the car more than a few miles before I left on my trip, but I can say that the level of expertise exhibited by the Vmax staff is very high. I am a tough guy to please and so far I have been very much satisfied. When I'm back, I will do a thorough review of the process and performance.

Cheers!

VMaxTuning (12-26-2015)
Old 12-26-2015, 08:40 PM

Merry Christmas all! I wanted to give a brief update on the tuning adventure. Bob from Vmax accommodated my very tight holiday travel schedule by Fedexing me a tuning laptop and tool. Just before I left for Colorado, he was able to perform a remote tune and get me on the road. I didn't have a chance to drive the car more than a few miles before I left on my trip, but I can say that the level of expertise exhibited by the Vmax staff is very high. I am a tough guy to please and so far I have been very much satisfied. When I'm back, I will do a thorough review of the process and performance.

Cheers!
It's a lot of work to adapt the car. I will aid you in that process - just give me your keys!

Old 12-26-2015, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the kind words Chris. Spot on as far as far as the performance aftermarket for the F Types. Still a tiny demographic compared with other high performance Euro marques but we are seeing solid demand for what we offer now and are half way to our longtube header and X pipe commitment goal. Seems like the F Type has caught the eye and converted some performance addicts from other makes.

No doubt that would work, but we have another hardware modification up our sleeve aside from the LTs & exhaust that aids in performance. Testing to begin in ~4 weeks.
In your experience, how much power is the ZF good for? What will blow first? The block or the tranny?

Old 12-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

What will blow first? The block or the tranny?
The differential... with the torque converter running a close 2nd.

Last edited by Cambo; 12-26-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Former Sponsor

In your experience, how much power is the ZF good for? What will blow first? The block or the tranny?
The ZF 8 speeds are bullet proof. APR isn't touching them on their 1000awhp upgraded turbo RS7s. We've had an OEM piston and rod for a few weeks now. Not 2618 forged and 4340 billet but enough to do the job (whatever the stock blower can throw at them) as long as detonation is kept at bay--detonation will kill forged slugs ringlands as quickly as cast. I'd worry about a piston over the block, it's stout enough to handle 1000HP. Definitely not a 2000HP block like a Ford GT 5.4L, but again with stock supercharger it's got enough meat around bores to seal at higher boost levels and the mains look beefy enough to handle stock blower power as well.

Originally Posted by Cambo
The differential... with the torque converter running a close 2nd.
On street tires I don't see anyone blowing anything driveline related up as they are always the slip point. Start running with stickier meats like hot DRs with a sidewall and blown diffs are the most probable issue as you stated. On the AWD cars I'd probably put the transfer case second. We've got an OEM (rear) ring and pinon out being cryo'd as I type this and have the ability to make stouter halfshafts, torque converters and built transfer cases if need be. The market will dictate how far we take this platform.

So far we know of one F Type V8S owner running DRs on this forum. Those pushing the envelope will always find the weakest link, then the next. We have those people to thank for their contributions regardless of genre of business.

FWIW, we can port the heads but 70% of the gains would come from the VJ meaning (especially with PD blower) the gains aren't worth the cost unless you're shooting for every last HP.

VMax

Last edited by VMaxTuning; 12-26-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

The ZF 8 speeds are bullet proof. APR isn't touching them on their 1000awhp upgraded turbo RS7s.
Yep, the ZF 8HP is one tough cookie.

On street tires I don't see anyone blowing anything driveline related up as they are always the slip point. Start running with stickier meats like hot DRs with a sidewall and blown diffs are the most probable issue as you stated.
I'm aware of two 5.0L F-Types that have broken diffs. Also one each 5.0L F-Type and XFR that have failed torque converters. Not saying it WILL happen, but it has happened to other cars.

On the AWD cars I'd probably put the transfer case second.
The transfer case are a bit of an unknown so far, but I would expect that Jag learnt from their X-Type transfer case dramas and over-engineered them. Time will tell of course.

We've got an OEM (rear) ring and pinon out being cryo'd as I type this and have the ability to make stouter halfshafts, torque converters and built transfer cases if need be. The market will dictate how far we take this platform.
Please, please, please take lots of photos, and take measurements too if you can, would really like to see the insides of a GKN diff.

So far we know of one F Type V8S owner running DRs on this forum. Those pushing the envelope will always find the weakest link, then the next. We have those people to thank for their contributions regardless of genre of business.
Absolutely.

Keep it coming!

VMaxTuning (12-26-2015)
Old 12-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cambo
Yep, the ZF 8HP is one tough cookie.
Thankfully, and we always have the Hellcat spec ZF to learn from.

I'm aware of two 5.0L F-Types that have broken diffs. Also one each 5.0L F-Type and XFR that have failed torque converters. Not saying it WILL happen, but it has happened to other cars.
Your links have proven quite resourceful thus far, would you mind posting or PM'ing any info that pertains to these cars. Thank you!

The transfer case are a bit of an unknown so far, but I would expect that Jag learnt from their X-Type transfer case dramas and over-engineered them. Time will tell of course.

Please, please, please take lots of photos, and take measurements too if you can, would really like to see the insides of a GKN diff.
Absolutely. We are considering the purchase (very shortly) of a RR SVR to help further the AJ Series III SC V8 program. If we don't pick one up ourselves, well, it wouldn't be the first time we purchased a stock longblock to blow up ourselves.

Keep it coming!
Gladly

Old 12-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

.. but 70% of the gains would come from the VJ
VJ?

Old 12-26-2015, 11:14 PM

The ZF 8 speeds are bullet proof. APR isn't touching them on their 1000awhp upgraded turbo RS7s. We've had an OEM piston and rod for a few weeks now. Not 2618 forged and 4340 billet but enough to do the job (whatever the stock blower can throw at them) as long as detonation is kept at bay--detonation will kill forged slugs ringlands as quickly as cast. I'd worry about a piston over the block, it's stout enough to handle 1000HP. Definitely not a 2000HP block like a Ford GT 5.4L, but again with stock supercharger it's got enough meat around bores to seal at higher boost levels and the mains look beefy enough to handle stock blower power as well.

On street tires I don't see anyone blowing anything driveline related up as they are always the slip point. Start running with stickier meats like hot DRs with a sidewall and blown diffs are the most probable issue as you stated. On the AWD cars I'd probably put the transfer case second. We've got an OEM (rear) ring and pinon out being cryo'd as I type this and have the ability to make stouter halfshafts, torque converters and built transfer cases if need be. The market will dictate how far we take this platform.

FWIW, we can port the heads but 70% of the gains would come from the VJ meaning (especially with PD blower) the gains aren't worth the cost unless you're shooting for every last HP.

VMax
What kind of power are we looking at, approximately, if we do 10/20 + dyno tune + headers + X + 100 shot? Or am I better off just doing a custom fab for upgraded S/C and goodies?

Quick Reply: VMax Motorsports JaguarForums.com Initial Tuning Sale