F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want your opinion, Eventuri intake...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 03:39 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Want your opinion, Eventuri intake...

Hi guys,
i can buy the cold air intake system for $1300.00

Simple question, is it worth getting?
I'm undecided so I'd appreciate your input on this product.
Yea ...
Nay .....

Thanks guys.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Hi guys,
i can buy the cold air intake system for $1300.00

Simple question, is it worth getting?
I'm undecided so I'd appreciate your input on this product.
Yea ...
Nay .....

Thanks guys.
Personally, if I could test it first, I'd give it a try and run a dyno on it and pay or return based on the results. That's not an option , so I'm waiting for some verifiable data from someone else, not just claims.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Banned
Default I feel the same ....

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Personally, if I could test it first, I'd give it a try and run a dyno on it and pay or return based on the results. That's not an option , so I'm waiting for some verifiable data from someone else, not just claims.

That's why I thought I'd pose my question for your feedback.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

That's why I thought I'd pose my question for your feedback.
It seems Eventuri is now posting dyno data for the S and the R: Jaguar F Type | Eventuri. $1300 is a deep discount from their $1830 list price. Is this a used one-off or special offer?

Old 12-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Banned
Default The price ....

Originally Posted by Unhingd
It seems Eventuri is now posting dyno data for the S and the R: Jaguar F Type Eventuri. $1300 is a deep discount from their $1830 list price. Is this a used one-off or special offer?

Yes, it's a special hook me up offer. But still.... 1300.00 is a lot of cash for not knowing the outcome after the install.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Banned
Default Calling on Stuart ....

Maybe Stuart of VAP Tuning can chime in with his professional automotive experience.
Stuart .....

The following users liked this post:
TXFireblade (01-12-2017)
Old 12-23-2016, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, it's a special hook me up offer. But still.... 1300.00 is a lot of cash for not knowing the outcome after the install.
One review of the Eventuri (in German) installed on an M2 praises the looks, outstanding quality, improved intake sound but criticizes the price point. Their assessment of power improvement netted a disappointing 3-5 PS (hp). On our cars the aesthetics are wasted given how deep the intake is buried in the engine compartment. For performance there are better ways to spend your money. However, I would be tempted just for some enhanced SC whine.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Banned
Default Unhinged ....

Yes, I agree..... It is hidden so the eye candy factor is cancelled out. Even though I can get it at a lower price, I don't see myself taking the plunge. Too risky.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone on this forum dynotested the intake and if I recall correctly got 25hpish on the intake with vap tune and ecu. I installed mine 2 days ago, I feel at around 60mph and onward the car pulls stronger, and the traction control kicks in more. However I am not happy with the intake fitment, the intake air inlet goes over the stock airflow tube so I feel it's not optimized and the intake itself is just too long and touching the plastic on the bottom of the car. If it can be shortened by about 1inch to 2 inches I would like it more, more airflow from the stock airflow tube.

I can hear more supercharger whine at high speed but not during city driving.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:01 PM
Banned
Default Video ....

Here is a short video which shows how Eventuri makes the intake system.

http://youtu.be/xwbHg2X3sRA

Last edited by Ubad2; 12-23-2016 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Have you exhausted all other mods? Because there are many better ways to spend that money on upgrades.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:26 AM
Banned
Default Re: mods

Since my car is new, warranty factor is of utmost importance to me. For this reason I don't feel comfortable tampering with the car, which can potentially void the factory warranty. I spoke with my Jag dealer about mods because they are all gear heads at the service dept. They did there own experiments on the F Type and the XKRS GT sports car. They were however unsuccessful with putting the SVR engine software into a R series car. The recipient car would reject the donor software. They also changed the car pully to a smaller size and that had its issues. The check engine light would frequently come on because the car was getting additional air into the supercharger so this would throw off the programming. My goal is to mod my car without impacting the warranty and also the drivability of the car due to the car electronic going crazy from altering the parts and becoming incompatible with the engine. This is my delema.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Since my car is new, warranty factor is of utmost importance to me. For this reason I don't feel comfortable tampering with the car, which can potentially void the factory warranty. I spoke with my Jag dealer about mods because they are all gear heads at the service dept. They did there own experiments on the F Type and the XKRS GT sports car. They were however unsuccessful with putting the SVR engine software into a R series car. The recipient car would reject the donor software. They also changed the car pully to a smaller size and that had its issues. The check engine light would frequently come on because the car was getting additional air into the supercharger so this would throw off the programming. My goal is to mod my car without impacting the warranty and also the drivability of the car due to the car electronic going crazy from altering the parts and becoming incompatible with the engine. This is my delema.
Unfortunately, the warranty concerns cannot be mitigated. However, a good tuner would be able to adjust the tune to accommodate any change in hardware. I am surprised that the dealer wrenches had an issue with just changing to a smaller upper pulley. That's the first I have heard of that. Changing to a much larger lower pulley will indeed throw a code requiring the expected boost table to be modified.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Call Velocity AP; Stuart seems to have no trouble downloading SVR tunes into an R (or V8S)

Dave

Old 01-12-2017, 11:15 AM
Banned
Default Question about cold air intake ....

Hi guys,
im considering being a test pilot for the Eventuri cold air intake system. Once installed will the intake make the exhaust louder ? I appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

The few cold air intakes I've put on never made the exhaust louder.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

They may make the intake louder, but not the exhaust.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Banned
Default Dogman Star ...

Originally Posted by Dogbreath!
They may make the intake louder, but not the exhaust.

Question, is that good or bad.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Personal preference.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I would rather the noise up front be quiet.

Quick Reply: Want your opinion, Eventuri intake...