F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted an F-Pace, got a F-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wanted an F-Pace, got a F-Type

I had been following news on the F-Pace since it was announced and was sure it would be an exciting vehicle that was also practical. AWD is important here in NH and the F-Pace sounded like the perfect compromise between fun, good liking and practical. I finally got to drive one last weekend when my dealer called to say he had one available. It was good to drive but I was unimpressed with the styling -the photos I had seen had me hoping it would look less like a typical SUV. (My wife thought the side view looked like a Kia!) I wanted a good looking fun to drive AWD and the answer was obvious so I left with an F-Type S AWD for the same lease payment as the F-Pace. Anyone else cross-shopped between these two Jags?

Old 05-20-2016, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 425 Posts

I have a F-Type S and a F-Pace S on order. While that technically doesn't count as cross-shopping, it obviously says I'm a fan of both. Frankly, I don't see them competing head-to-head. I love my F-Type, so I would agree it's a great car in almost every respect. However, interior space and driving in snow would be on the short list of negatives. While you'll find some dedicated F-Type owners in the NE and Canada, you'll also find several of them store the F-Type for the winter. You'll be a notch ahead of me in that you have AWD, but you'll definitely need something other than the P-Zero's for winter. (BTW, while I'm in NC now, I've lived in CT, PA, and MD so snow, per se, doesn't bother me) Space pretty much speaks for itself, but if you have another vehicle of size, it really doesn't matter. (The limited trunk space in the F-Type CAN save you a bunch at Costco).

Old 05-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Congrats on the ftype. I'm sure you'll not look back. Post some photos and specs on your car, color, etc.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroooom
I had been following news on the F-Pace since it was announced and was sure it would be an exciting vehicle that was also practical. AWD is important here in NH and the F-Pace sounded like the perfect compromise between fun, good liking and practical. I finally got to drive one last weekend when my dealer called to say he had one available. It was good to drive but I was unimpressed with the styling -the photos I had seen had me hoping it would look less like a typical SUV. (My wife thought the side view looked like a Kia!) I wanted a good looking fun to drive AWD and the answer was obvious so I left with an F-Type S AWD for the same lease payment as the F-Pace. Anyone else cross-shopped between these two Jags?
Congrats and Welcome to the group. I hope the AWD will get you through those rough north east winters. I personally store mine for the winter as my Tahoe is my winter vehicle. I was going to consider looking at the F-Pace for my wife, but you said the lease payments were comparable to the F-Type? I was thinking they would be much less. It looks like she can stay in her Ford Edge Sport. That car was $47,000 and lease payment is only $350 a month nothing like my F-Type. Good luck with the car and enjoy it!!!

Old 05-21-2016, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Congrats on the ftype. I'm sure you'll not look back. Post some photos and specs on your car, color, etc.
Thanks. Yes - I am sure I will not look back! It is a BRG S AWD with performance seats, extended leather and premium/vision pack.

The following 2 users liked this post by Vroooom:
ImNotFamousAnymore (05-21-2016), slojotaa (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroooom
Thanks. Yes - I am sure I will not look back! It is a BRG S AWD with performance seats, extended leather and premium/vision pack.

Great looking car.

What's the driveway surface made of?

Old 05-21-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by IMMD
Great looking car.

What's the driveway surface made of?
Thanks. It is just a regular alphalt surface.

The F-Type is making my driveway look like a British Car Club meeting

The following users liked this post:
Schwabe (05-24-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice car! I wish I could find a Salsa Red/Jet V8S Convertible up here in NH (Windham).

Old 05-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I am sure you will be fine in winter with a good set of snow tires. The only issue I can foresee is a ground clearance issue on the days the snow piles up prior to being cleaned.