F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washing 2017 Jaguar F-Type Premium

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Washing 2017 Jaguar F-Type Premium

I have had my Jaguar F-Type for 3 weeks now and its getting to that time where it needs to be washed. I am a bit worried about running it through a standard car wash due to micro circle scratches they often leave and this is the nicest car I have owned so want to make sure it stays in pristine condition when getting cleaned. There is also a hand car wash company nearby but am worried about them possibly damaging my car as well. What do you guys use to get your car cleaned since I won't be doing it myself?

Old 10-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Received 2,674 Likes on 1,835 Posts

Find a car wash/detail shop near your location and ask about the types of vehicles they clean. If they are cleaning high-end vehicles, you are probably safe taking your X152 there.

The following users liked this post:
Don1954 (10-13-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 728 Likes on 501 Posts

Originally Posted by NickMcCandless
I have had my Jaguar F-Type for 3 weeks now and its getting to that time where it needs to be washed. I am a bit worried about running it through a standard car wash due to micro circle scratches they often leave and this is the nicest car I have owned so want to make sure it stays in pristine condition when getting cleaned. There is also a hand car wash company nearby but am worried about them possibly damaging my car as well. What do you guys use to get your car cleaned since I won't be doing it myself?
Find a quality high end car detailer if your not going to do it yourself. Any automatic wash of any type will ruin the paint with scratches.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mbourne:
Burt Gummer (10-13-2017), Don1954 (10-13-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Find a quality high end car detailer if your not going to do it yourself. Any automatic wash of any type will ruin the paint with scratches.
What should I expect in terms of cost per wash and how often do you get your car washed?

Old 10-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member

Once a year I have a pro detailer do it for about $200 but thats east coast pricing. I take it weekly (depending on how much Im driving it) to a local place that has the wand system and then do it myself for about $15 a trip. I don't like the water quality at home which is why I don't do it in my driveway with my pressure washer. If my wife would look the other way I'd have it professionally detailed a lot more :-)

FType4Me (04-11-2020)
Old 10-12-2017, 07:13 PM

Once a year I have a pro detailer do it for about $200 but thats east coast pricing. I take it weekly (depending on how much Im driving it) to a local place that has the wand system and then do it myself for about $15 a trip. I don't like the water quality at home which is why I don't do it in my driveway with my pressure washer. If my wife would look the other way I'd have it professionally detailed a lot more :-)
So you get it washed at a place with a wand system for just $15 and then you get it detailed once a year?

Old 10-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, I control the wand and do the drying and then the waterless detailing. The wand place allows me to pretreat, soap, wash and rinse for a few bucks and I control every aspect of it. Th detailer gives me the clay bar work, the polishing, the interior work the polish, wax etc. They even seal the wheels for me to reduce brake dust sticking. I'm to impatient to do all that myself for the "full monty" but I have no problem doing the quick cleaning at the self serve wand place.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:19 PM

Yes, I control the wand and do the drying and then the waterless detailing. The wand place allows me to pretreat, soap, wash and rinse for a few bucks and I control every aspect of it. Th detailer gives me the clay bar work, the polishing, the interior work the polish, wax etc. They even seal the wheels for me to reduce brake dust sticking. I'm to impatient to do all that myself for the "full monty" but I have no problem doing the quick cleaning at the self serve wand place.
How about for complete service though meaning me not washing it at all?

Old 10-12-2017, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member

How about for complete service though meaning me not washing it at all?

Go tp a pro for that. It will cost you between $200 and up depending on what you choose off their menu. Find a place that details for higher end cars, does car show quality. Best place to ask is usually from folks in local car clubs, cars and coffee events or at car shows from people who care about their cars. The better detailers are known

Old 10-12-2017, 07:27 PM

Go tp a pro for that. It will cost you between $200 and up depending on what you choose off their menu. Find a place that details for higher end cars, does car show quality. Best place to ask is usually from folks in local car clubs, cars and coffee events or at car shows from people who care about their cars. The better detailers are known
Woah so if I wanted my car washed every two weeks it will cost $200 each time?!

Old 10-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member

If you want it done right, its either go to a pro or do it yourself. Any automatic car wash is going to produce scratches and swirl marks on any cars paint job. Wash places that mass run cars don't really care about your careened the rags they use are never clean enough.

You can always get it coated (others are expert on that) and then just hose it off and dry it yourself if you want to reduce how much you do yourself.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

I pay $35 for a regular wash from a local car detailing place - $50 if I want it waxed. Once a year, after winter I have the full monty with clay bar etc, takes a few hours and costs $200 - $250

Old 10-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

I had my detailed and Cquartz coated when I first got it, the maintenance washing is down to me, usually with the CarPro Reload or their washless/rinseless product if I'm pushed and it's not too dirty.

Like changing your own oil, there's something oddly satisfying (for me) bathing my own baby...automatic car wash - no way. When it goes to the dealer for any work, NO COURTESY WASH is written in big friendly letters on the sheet by service writer ;-)

The following 2 users liked this post by stmcknig:
Burt Gummer (10-13-2017), Don1954 (10-13-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Received 2,674 Likes on 1,835 Posts

See post #2

Old 10-13-2017, 02:02 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Car Care Advice | Detailing Advice | Polished Bliss This is a really good guide if you are thinking of doing it yourself

Old 10-13-2017, 02:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 351 Likes on 258 Posts

Sounds like you should consider a ceramic coating done by a pro.

If not, a good hand washing plus a 90-day treatment like CarPro's Hydro2 would be decent. Spray on hydrophobic protectant. Water/dirt bead off as if the car were waxed. It also contains chemicals that reduce sun reaching your paint.

It takes 10% of the time of a wax job because it simply is sprayed on during the wash/rinse process.

Never drive through a car wash. The paint on these things is frail.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 10-13-2017 at 03:27 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

What should I expect in terms of cost per wash and how often do you get your car washed?

I wash / detail mine weekly so not sure of cost to sub-it-out. I would never have anyone else do it. But the advice you received from the other guys is spot on: find a detailer that does high-end cars.

I use a quick spray detailer mid-week as well.

I do not want the car to ever be dirty so it will get washed as need if weekly isn't enough.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

I use the Hydro2 stuff on my other car and it's amazing...if you're not ready yet for a full ceramic coat, it's a great temporary step.

Burt Gummer (10-17-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

I only wash my F type by hand but I'd consider a touchless car wash if I was unable to...... never a standard car wash.

Dave

Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Received 106 Likes on 51 Posts

I wipe down with EcoTouch waterless car wash after each drive and may do a full water wash a couple of times year or if it gets dirt from wet roads. I do a full detail a couple of times year. I use Meguires Ultimate wax and then instant detailer. Previously I did Prima Banana Gloss carnuba after the Meguires wax, but ran out and cannot find a new source. This gives a deep glass like shine. It it therapeutic doing my own detailing.

Quick Reply: Washing 2017 Jaguar F-Type Premium