Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in headlight module

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 07:31 PM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Water in headlight module

Hi all!
Sooo... The dealer owed me a wax job so I went up to collect yesterday. Not only did they do a less than satisfactory job, but they also got water into the headlight module. They said if the water did not dissipate they would order me new headlights. The water did dissipate over the next couple of days, but now my concern is that the next time it rains or there is another washing event like this, the same thing will happen. Should I go ahead and have the headlights changed out? My other concern is that, like the waxing, there is a potential for it to go badly and I will have wished I had left it alone.
Thoughts?
Thanks!
(More posts to come but I don't want to inundate you )

Old 02-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Misujerr
Hi all!
Sooo... The dealer owed me a wax job so I went up to collect yesterday. Not only did they do a less than satisfactory job, but they also got water into the headlight module. They said if the water did not dissipate they would order me new headlights. The water did dissipate over the next couple of days, but now my concern is that the next time it rains or there is another washing event like this, the same thing will happen. Should I go ahead and have the headlights changed out? My other concern is that, like the waxing, there is a potential for it to go badly and I will have wished I had left it alone.
Thoughts?
Thanks!
(More posts to come but I don't want to inundate you )
I believe that if it's just a bit of condensation, having the headlamps on while driving should dry it out. I'm suspecting they hit the headlights with a pressure washer forcing some moisture in.
CRS

Old 02-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,213 Likes on 2,368 Posts

Open the hood/bonnet, and you will see there is a circular cover on the back of each light.
It is soft plastic/rubber and just pulls off using the little tabs.
Assuming it's a bit cold ATM where you are, your best bet may be to pull these covers off and aim a hairdryer into each hole to remove the water/condensation.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:48 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks folks! Sounds like it probably better/easier to not mess with getting new modules. The I saw CRS's post https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...p-lens-176675/ and thought ug...
Hit some mud today so going to take it to the spray wash place tomorrow. Going to take it very easy & see what happens.
Thanks.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Received 399 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Misujerr
Thanks folks! Sounds like it probably better/easier to not mess with getting new modules. The I saw CRS's post https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...p-lens-176675/ and thought ug...
Hit some mud today so going to take it to the spray wash place tomorrow. Going to take it very easy & see what happens.
Thanks.
I posted the service bulletins in that thread.

The following 2 users liked this post by WhiteTardis:
CRS 123 (02-13-2017), Misujerr (02-13-2017)