Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Spots? 3D Eraser

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts
Cool Water Spots? 3D Eraser

My car had water spotting, especially on the glass areas.

Polishes, vinegar and other supposed cures got them off about 50%. Then I found 3D Eraser 107.

This stuff does the job. It is acidic and must be used with care though.
On your windshield do no more than 1/2 at a time and don't let it sit on the glass for more than a minute.

The 3d Eraser will actually start to eat/etch into the glass if you use it for more than a minute. DISCLAIMER: You do it at your own risk; I am NOT a detail professional. I am a careless idiot

This stuff also takes off water spots on paint and can be left on longer, probably enough time to do the hood in three areas.

Once you wipe it all off that is not good enough you must use something to dilute/stop the acid - spray water or waterless wash spray.

My car has C.Quartz on it + some sort of clear bra in places and I am waiting to here back from Car Pros on whether or not I can use it on their product (Quartz).

On one forum Carpro said to use a wax/cleaner to remove spots. My guess is the 3D eraser is too harsh so I'll stick with glass and chrome exhaust for now.

Water drops are in themselves acidic so it is like fighting fire with fire. I was on the fence about getting one of those spotless wash canisters do now more.

Once I get the spots all gone I wish always have 'Reload' or something as a barrier so water spots will be easier to deal with down the road.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member

Should have added that this stuff of course removes all waxes in the processes so if used you should re-waxed/treat the car.

I like Aquapel for the windshield. Sort of like Rain-X on steroids. Then Carnuba or something else for the top and back glass.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Burt,

I posted a different thread a couple weeks ago, but Car Pro (the company responsible for C Quartz) makes a product called Spotless that also works very well and plays nice with the ceramic coating.

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (03-12-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 12:20 AM
Veteran Member

Nati - Used the CarPro Spotless 10x times to get the spots out; spray/apply 1 min, then water rinse. Lots of time but worth it. Glad that it is a mild acid product also.

Would rather spend half an afternoon on it than some quick fix that could damage the paint. Thanks a lot for the tip!

Old 03-16-2017, 06:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I use this on cQuartz, film, glass, LCD screen. Can do the whole car in about 5 minutes and cuts through water stains like they aren't even there. A proprietary product from my wrap/coating installer.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

No thanks I prefer to spend hundreds of dollars on all sorts of MF towels, potions, filter sprayers, and 'reloads.'

I should buy stock in CarPro and The Chemical Guys.

Sadly I wish I was kidding! Got to stop watching detailing videos on YouTube.

I have never owned a car this nice in many years and it is weird not driving it because of the weather, gravel on the road - EWW and DIRT.

Thankful for my man Promaster van as my daily.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 03-16-2017 at 12:21 PM.