Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird service timing

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Weird service timing

Hey all,
I posted a while back about my Jaguar Remote App saying it was time for service. I thought that was strange because my car is only four months old and has two thousand miles on it. The dealer just called me back, and I spoke with the service scheduler. She said that since it arrived at the dealer in May of last year, it's time for service. One the one hand, I'm stoked that I get a full service at four months and 2K miles. On the other hand, I'm a little worried that will mean that was my in service date and I am out 10 months of warranty. Waiting for a call back from the service mgr, but just wanted to check in with y'all for your thoughts.
Thanks!

Old 05-30-2017, 02:35 PM

Just trying to think ahead, does that mean my last service will be May of 2021 and when Feb 2022 comes around I don't get anything? (Other than warranty repairs?) I'd be OK paying for an oil change at 3K and waiting till next year for a service...

Old 05-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

IMHO the "in service" date should be the day you took delivery, not when it was delivered to the dealer lot, unless they activated it by making it a dealer demo. But then they should have disclosed that to you. If you have no joy with your service guy I would escalate to Jaguar Customer Relations, being shorted 10 months of warranty isn't good....assuming you bought it as new that is.

The following users liked this post:
DPelletier (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 03:24 PM

Thanks. The more I'm thinking about it, the more that is what it is sounding like. Because it is a year/15K from in service date, right? The scheduler was intimating that but I'll have to wait until I talk to the service manager. As much as I'd like a full service now, think I have to stay strong on insisting on one year after the sale. If the in service date WAS last May, well then we have a problem because it was never disclosed...

Old 05-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Yes, it's one year or 16K whichever comes first. My first service was done at 7K and my second at 10K. There was a bit of head scratching due to the faulty "service me now" indicator which itself is part of a TSB action but my dealer was able to look up the records by VIN so I didn't lose out on my elite package servicing by being outside of the windows.

I think there are a couple of members on here (WhiteTardis) who might be able to run your VIN to see when it shows as having been activated as "in service" just in case you know your dealer is knitting white lies....

Old 05-30-2017, 08:27 PM

Thanks again! Oh there is a TSB on this? Been playing phone tag with the service guy so still haven't spoken. When I speak with him, hope to get it straightened out. Will let y'all know!

Old 06-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I had same service needed message come up only in my InControl app but nothing in the car itself. I called service and they told me it must be a glitch with the app since it's a brand new car and very low miles. Asked me to delete the app and then reinstall it. However the message still hasn't gone away! Very strange. Any updates would be appreciated.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:29 PM

Was playing phone tag with the service guy all week, forgot to call again today. So deleting the app & reinstalling didn't do anything? That is what the other dealer told me to do to, so yeah, I won't bother now, thanks. If I learn anything new, sure will let you know!

Old 06-07-2017, 04:48 PM

OK, so my service guy fiiiinally got back to me. Everything is cool with the warranty (phew) and he said they can reset the app at the dealership. BUT it will remind you of service due from the time you reset it, so it will be off for the rest of time after they do. So I think I will just live with the minor annoyance for the next eight months, rather than if being off for the rest of it's life.