Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird squeak when turning off car

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Weird squeak when turning off car

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone has experienced this but I'm hearing this little phantom noise that started two days ago. When I turn the car off, there is a "squeak"... almost sounds like a belt. Turn it on, nothing... turn it back off "squeak".

When I'm at a dead stop and accelerate, "squeak" then it goes away... come to a stop... car rolls at idle... quiet, accelerate maybe @ 5%? "squeak"!

It's driving me nuts... it's almost like the stupid chirp a smoke alarm makes when the battery is low/dying. I can't tell if it's coming from under the hood or under the car just yet but wanted to see if anyone may have any input... dealer service is booked solid for 2 weeks.

I tried to record a clip... really hard to hear so you may have to turn up your volume a bit (no weird joke/prank thing in regards to turning up your volume) https://clyp.it/sy1fjjrw

Old 12-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like the chirp I get from my active exhaust. There is a TSB on the issue or a service note. I am taking my car in shortly to have it checked out. https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-other-144077/

Old 12-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Mueller
Sounds like the chirp I get from my active exhaust. There is a TSB on the issue or a service note. I am taking my car in shortly to have it checked out. https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-other-144077/
I would agree. klrgoten's chirps seem to occur precisely when the active exhaust valves would be moving.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Mine does it too; hasn't bothered me enough to care so far.

Dave

Old 12-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a squeak that sounded just like that and it was the active exhaust valves. Dealer replaced the entire muffler assembly so I was pretty happy.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:40 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

you guys may be right... I tried opening / closing the valves a few times and I can hear a tiny squeak every time I open them up... will schedule service, tyvm