Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, after a year of searching I finally made my Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Atheos
Aaaand... never mind they said $1700 to put the F-Type and Jaguar logo back on. WTF? They said it was a factory option to de-badge.
As the actual JAGUAR logo its the leaper with the word Jaguar underneath it, debagging just the word 'JAGUAR' was never an option from the factory and neither was removing both. That could only have been done after the car left the factory.

$1700 is the most insane thing I ever heard. The badge comes on a template. It's just press it down, peel and done. I bought new badges for my car when I debagged it to have around. All of them, the F-Type, AWD R and Jaguar with the leaper were about $200.

Last edited by eeeeek; 04-22-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:53 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 2001 Pacific Blue XK8 that I've had for 6 years. I bought it from the original owner with 42k miles. It has only needed regular maintenance and still rides and drives like it is nearly new. But, a 2018 low miles Jag would be the perfect car! You paid what this one cost new. LOL! Everything about your Jaguar is what I'd define as the absolute perfect sports car. Everyone everywhere I go comments how nice my car is, so you are in for a never ending amount of positive comments about your ride. Enjoy!!

Old 04-22-2021, 11:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been looking in to the ceramic coating, how do you like it? Does it do all the things they claim it does? I can't imagine it protects against many dings in scratches I would think just things like tree sap and bird ****.

Old 04-22-2021, 11:25 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruisin01
I have a 2001 Pacific Blue XK8 that I've had for 6 years.
That triggers memories - my first Jaguar was a 2001 Pacific Blue XK8 that I bought when it was 6 years old. Lovely car and quite an upgrade from a Nissan Almera! I traded it in after 3 years for a 2004 4.2 XKR - I had to scratch the supercharger itch, and have been scratching ever since!

Old 04-22-2021, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

We settled on 70K Even, and they'd pay for shipping. How'd I do?

Anything I should know about the car?
Congrats on a great purchase. If the problem still exists with your year, anything plugged into the OBD port (onboard diagnostics port) will cause the battery to drain. No one told me this, and when I took the car in for the bi-annual smog test, the battery was dead after a couple days. The OBD port does not recognize when something is taken out, so it sits there and keeps going through the electronics, draining the battery. This means that you can't open the trunk/boot to charge the battery, since its electronically activated. You have to access secondary terminals under the hood, (if you can get the side door open to pop the hood) charge it minimally to get the trunk open. Once the battery is recharged, you have to disconnect the battery and reset everything. Total pain in the a**. There are multiple threads on this forum about this issue, so please educate yourself to save the frustration many of us have been through.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:23 PM

haha wowwww, I was actually going to use an OBD plug in so that's good to know! Unless the car has built in GPS? I don't know what the InControl does yet I haven't played with it.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

haha wowwww, I was actually going to use an OBD plug in so that's good to know! Unless the car has built in GPS? I don't know what the InControl does yet I haven't played with it.
Don't worry too much or overthink it, it's not every OBD2 plug in which causes the problem and I would go as far as to say it's only a small percentage of them.
And if you do have a problem it's a 2 minute fix - reset the battery management system (BMS) by disconnecting the earth/ground lead from where it bolts to the floor of the trunk for 20 seconds or so then reconnect.
I have connected a range of gadgets several times each to my OBD2 port - iCarsoft i930, iCarsoft LR V2.0, VAP "V-Tech" tuning tool, ELM327 plug (for the Torque app) and never had a single battery problem with any of them.
The main problem seems to be with US state based emissions tests and the gadget they plug in, but I don't have that problem either as there are no such tests in my neck of the woods.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:12 PM
YRS
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I really like the somewhat de-badged look you have on the car...especially with the Black Pack and wheels. And I think you've worked a strong deal.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:47 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

I've been looking in to the ceramic coating, how do you like it? Does it do all the things they claim it does? I can't imagine it protects against many dings in scratches I would think just things like tree sap and bird ****.
I've had the ceramic coating done on both of the wife's F Pace's and on my F Type. Having the paint corrected is the most important and costly part of it. We got a Ceramic Pro detailer to do a lifetime warranty level for about $1,400 US. He spent considerable hours with the paint correction, so I'm not mad and it turned out incredible. The wife's new F Pace had about 30 miles on it when we took it in and the difference between before and after was amazing. You're correct in that it doesn't offer chip protection, and only a little better scratch protection. Bird droppings and sap will still scar, but are more manageable. The ease of wash, length of remaining clean, and overall shine is what sold me. Water almost gets thrown from the surface.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:59 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Don't worry too much or overthink it, it's not every OBD2 plug in which causes the problem and I would go as far as to say it's only a small percentage of them.
i agree. The majority of problems reported seem to arise from the smog check, which presumably is a single type of device.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the write up. I think I am going to end up getting it wrapped.