F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well Jag HQ did something pretty amazing for me: assembly line build photos!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

I am not impugning the other CSX poster feller.....

But typically, there's a whole other universe to most stories you see online. I would love to know more about CSX's issues, of course.
It's just so bizarre that a company would risk reputation damage in this transparent day and age.
But I may just be trusting of the company that has really treated me well.
And I may just be a nice dude who gets treated well.

But the idea of a company wronging someone pisses me off, so sorry, CSX.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Delighted to see what Jaguar did for you, Uncle Fishbits! Since the day I came across the F-type, I have been rooting for the brand and feel that Jaguar deserves better. The parking lot at my commuter train station is stuffed with German cars and I always try to park my F-type very visibly, because I hope that some people will realize there are better-looking cars out there than the Porsches and BMWs, which they should take on a test drive (and realize they drive better too!). Go Jaguar!

Last edited by Brock; 11-28-2018 at 01:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Brock:
scm (11-28-2018), Uncle Fishbits (12-03-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Was that you I saw?

Nice to see Jag. doing right by its customers. My dad owned Jags. starting about 1968. His best stories usually involve some amazing series of mechanical/electrical failures (think Lucas wiring) followed by a total lack of support from Jaguar.

Uncle Fishbits - do you currently have a loaner Jag? I thought maybe it was you I saw in a nice convertible blue F-type near the Ferrari dealership in Mill Valley.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (12-03-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

That, is absolutely mental ... You're a very fortunate chap to have that to go with your new car.

Be interested to know the date as I was walking around the F-Type production line a few weeks back... I was amazed that the majority, if not all, were headed to the US!

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scottjh9
The build photos will add to the mystique of the car for sure.. beautiful
I'm not going to do this, but as I am obsessed with Keith Martin's Sports Car Market (buy it for yourselves for Christmas/Holidays. It's SO BADASS) --> https://www.sportscarmarket.com/

If I made those slides into a book, had the entire email conversation, etc, then put this car in a garage with a tarp over it...
Would it appreciate at all? I know the rear wheel drive 8cyl from 2015 would probably be the most sought after collector version of this car, beyond the Project 7 or possibly SVR, but would the manual base 6cyl in these specs, with this provenance and history, make the car more valuable?

I put 40K on my 1st car in less than 3 years, and in that time it was in the shop for likely about 5 months (ouch). I'm going to drive this one like that too. But can't help but wonder. =)

Old 12-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gas Cat
Nice to see Jag. doing right by its customers. My dad owned Jags. starting about 1968. His best stories usually involve some amazing series of mechanical/electrical failures (think Lucas wiring) followed by a total lack of support from Jaguar.

Uncle Fishbits - do you currently have a loaner Jag? I thought maybe it was you I saw in a nice convertible blue F-type near the Ferrari dealership in Mill Valley.
My loaner was a white "S" black top vert. I think my wife has seen that blue jag around.... it has a tan top? Such a wild color choice. Yeah, whenever I see a wild f-type, I always wonder if they're on the boards or not.
How could you not find a like minded group to chat with!! I've even put biz cards with jagforum URL on cars I've seen in the past. I finally realized that a TINY % of F-Type owners are actually on these boards.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

That is amazing!!! So happy for you! Nice guy gets his due. Awesome.