F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:27 AM
|
Default What am I missing?

General question here about what was included with a new 2017 SVR. I am trying to make mine complete with all the accessories.

In the boot I only have the wheel lock socket, nothing else. As I understand it there was likely a compressor and tire bottle of tire sealant. Was there any other items? I notice a couple straps up toward the front of the rear compartment, was there something in there?

Also, the manuals, I do not have those. Did the SVR have a different owners manual and/or cover?

Thanks in advance!

Old Yesterday | 11:43 AM

Those straps hold the compressor. Beside the compressor and tire sealant you should also have a tow hook and Styrofoam tow hook holder by the battery.

The tire sealant fits in the larger hole in the Styrofoam holder near the battery. The smaller hole in that holder is for the wheel lock. You can purchase an Airman tire sealant to replace the OEM one.

Here is a recent thread that talks about replacement tire sealants.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ealant-280571/

Last edited by cpq100; Yesterday at 11:44 AM.
Old Yesterday | 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

The straps at the front of the trunk compartment are not related to the tire compressor unit - they are to hold an umbrella or the warning triangle fitted to cars for some markets. On NA cars the straps were fitted, but superfluous.

Old Yesterday | 01:30 PM

I bought my 2018 R Dynamic AWD new. The straps were holding the compressor in place when I picked it up.

Old Yesterday | 01:37 PM
Default MY2017 Premium trunk outfit

Here is a photo of the trunk from my 2017 coupe.

The straps in the base of the right hand compartment hold the tire compressor/case and I tucked a bottle of Slime in there. I'm not sure where the shorter black tow ring goes, so I just tuck it under the elastic strap for the compressor.

On the right hand side, to the right of the battery, is a grey tow ring that has a formed spot in the foam padding. It is longer than the odd black one (above).

Towards the front of the car from the battery, is the Unibottle replacement tire sealant that is available from Amazon. It fits perfectly in the factory sealant bottle's space. The F's factory air compressor screws on that bottle and then a hose from the Unibottle goes to the tire. I checked the fitment of the Unibottle system for using on a tire and it all connects. To the immediate right of Unibottle is a formed indent for something, not sure what. (Edit: may be for the wheel lock socket. I took the locks off and put them back in package) . That odd black tow ring doesn't fit in that spot.
The second photo is the outside packaging for the Wheel Locks that came with the car. The set was listed on the window sticker, but when I got the car, the special socket was missing. I did have the documentation to prove that I owned the car, so that I could get a replacement socket (and they may be different from car to car). You can find them using part number C2s17485

Attached Thumbnails What am I missing?-trunk1.jpg   What am I missing?-wheel-locks.jpg  

Last edited by Valerie Stabenow; Yesterday at 01:39 PM.
Old Yesterday | 02:16 PM
|

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow

The straps in the base of the right hand compartment hold the tire compressor/case and I tucked a bottle of Slime in there. I'm not sure where the shorter black tow ring goes, so I just tuck it under the elastic strap for the compressor.

On the right hand side, to the right of the battery, is a grey tow ring that has a formed spot in the foam padding. It is longer than the odd black one (above).

Towards the front of the car from the battery, is the Unibottle replacement tire sealant that is available from Amazon. It fits perfectly in the factory sealant bottle's space. The F's factory air compressor screws on that bottle and then a hose from the Unibottle goes to the tire. I checked the fitment of the Unibottle system for using on a tire and it all connects. To the immediate right of Unibottle is a formed indent for something, not sure what. (Edit: may be for the wheel lock socket. I took the locks off and put them back in package) . That odd black tow ring doesn't fit in that spot.
The second photo is the outside packaging for the Wheel Locks that came with the car. The set was listed on the window sticker, but when I got the car, the special socket was missing. I did have the documentation to prove that I owned the car, so that I could get a replacement socket (and they may be different from car to car). You can find them using part number C2s17485
Thanks so much, exactly what I was looking for! I see a compressor on Ebay that matches the one in your photo. I will pick it up and get anew bottle of sealant! Now to search for the tow hook.

Originally Posted by sov211
The straps at the front of the trunk compartment are not related to the tire compressor unit - they are to hold an umbrella or the warning triangle fitted to cars for some markets. On NA cars the straps were fitted, but superfluous.
Now to find a proper umbrella to go with the car!

Old Yesterday | 06:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow

Valerie,
The small black tow hook is the rear tow hook (and cannot be used in place of the front tow hook).
It is (was!) only ever meant for use in shipping the car (particularly across the Pond) as a tie-down hook and it is NOT meant to be used to tow the car.
The dealership is supposed to remove it from the car as part of PDI but many don't.
Funny thing is when I got my F-Type back in 2016 it had only that little black (useless) tow hook and it did not have the front tow hook at all, so I swiped the one out of my for sale XFR and it fits perfectly.

Old Yesterday | 07:23 PM

My 2018 has no straps down below where Valerie shows them. The only straps mine has are up above in the front corner of the drivers side of the luggage area. That is where my air compressor resides held in by the straps.

Old Today | 10:48 AM

Not quite sure from your original post whether you have a set of wheel locks or not. If not, you could get a set or replacement components directly from the manufacturer at mcgard.com - without needing a Jaguar P/N. For obvious reasons, you'll need to establish an account with your identity, vehicle type, and verification of ownership. There are different patterns of lock/key combinations, with an ID stamped on the key. I used this website to get a spare key - handy if get a flat while you're on the road out of state with a trunk full of traveling stuff. Or, you could buy a full set in your choice of colors (chrome, black, or silver) to match your wheels.

Hmmm... good luck trying to find either an umbrella or safety triangle, as JLR made only a limited number, and discontinued both years ago. However, you should be able to get one of the Chinese-made replacement safety triangles kits (P/N T2H57656) online. While the OEM box was green, the replacement one is red and still fits nicely into the nook across the forward end of the load space. The actual triangle is embarrassingly cheesy looking. But hopefully, you'll never need to actually deploy it. FWIW, my take on the umbrella is that during the process of withdrawing it from that nook, you're pretty much guaranteed to get yourself and the contents of the trunk soaked. (What a stupid place to store an umbrella!) Instead, I tend to keep one of those small folding umbrellas (Totes?) in the cockpit if/when needed.

P/N for the front tow eye is C2C37723. It fits several different JLR models, so it should be easy to find one online. Be aware that it is reverse-threaded. I concur with OzXFR that the rear tow eye is an unnecessary accessory. Nor is there a place to stow it as with the front eye. Still, of you think you may want to have one, try looking for P/M SSM70338. The two are NOT interchangeable. And do NOT use the rear eye for towing, as that will damage the vehicle.

Good luck, and enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
Thunder Dump (Today)
Old Today | 11:03 AM

The part number I have listed for the tow hook is T2H33643. I am not sure what the difference is between it and C2C37723 listed above. The tow hook holder, which is listed as a foam block is part number T2R13381. My car was missing both when I got it.

Old Today | 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Good posts about the two tow/tie down loops. I was confused about them too. As shown above the black one is for the back and will not thread into the front tow hook mounting point. Only used from the factory for shipping the car and should have been removed prior to the car being delivered to the customer.

Here is the front tow hook so you can see how different it is.

cpq100 brings up a point I am not sure about? I "think" all the front tow hooks are the same? But are they? This one is from my 2014 XJR. I did not get the rear black hook but have looked and I do have spot for it to screw into.

On my XJ it's on the LH side and angled down sharply.

Last edited by clubairth1; Today at 11:21 AM.