F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your F-Type recently?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Therock88
Check here at Velocity AP...Everything you need.

VAP Site

DC
Sorry I meant how has it been in terms of real world use, not how did they find it

Old 02-07-2021, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,305 Likes on 897 Posts

Hi, if you are after something anecdotal, I had mine done about a year and a half ago and love it. Oodles of power, revs very freely, nice match to the auto transmission so very smooth acceleration, also controllable and linear. Absolutely no downsides for me, but apparently there can be heat issues if you are planning on tracking the car.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Hi, if you are after something anecdotal, I had mine done about a year and a half ago and love it. Oodles of power, revs very freely, nice match to the auto transmission so very smooth acceleration, also controllable and linear. Absolutely no downsides for me, but apparently there can be heat issues if you are planning on tracking the car.
Thats great! Im very new to all of this, this is my first sub 5 second 0-60 car and have now caught the bug. I have a year warranty on the car still, so likely wont upgrade before that runs out, but is it something that you recommend? As i said, im new to all this, so was wondering what the maintenance is like on your car now you have installed the mod.

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2021, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member

Hi, I got pretty close to factory warranty expiring before I did mine, but I had a warranty extension which is still current. If you are happy with your car's performance leave it for another 6 months and get the car checked out first for any warranty repairs just in case.

I did mine at the same time as putting on a VAP quad exhaust which is another amazing mod but quite expensive, so between those mods and the flow forge wheels it is like a different car, I've had it coming on 5 years now which is the longest I've owned a car and I cant see myself changing. With maintenance it is best to run them on higher octane petrol once it is done, and my performance guys are recommending servicing every 5000km (so about 3000 miles).

It is a fantastic mod, you really have to suck lemons to take the smile off your face.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:12 PM

Hi, I got pretty close to factory warranty expiring before I did mine, but I had a warranty extension which is still current. If you are happy with your car's performance leave it for another 6 months and get the car checked out first for any warranty repairs just in case.

I did mine at the same time as putting on a VAP quad exhaust which is another amazing mod but quite expensive, so between those mods and the flow forge wheels it is like a different car, I've had it coming on 5 years now which is the longest I've owned a car and I cant see myself changing. With maintenance it is best to run them on higher octane petrol once it is done, and my performance guys are recommending servicing every 5000km (so about 3000 miles).

It is a fantastic mod, you really have to suck lemons to take the smile off your face.
Im assuming that you are not covered on the extended warranty for any engine issues after you have applied the mods?

Old 02-07-2021, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member

I work on that basis, but when I claimed for a bearing I wasnt asked about mods. Plenty of people on this site have had the pulley and tune for upward of 3 years with no dramas.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:20 PM

I work on that basis, but when I claimed for a bearing I wasnt asked about mods. Plenty of people on this site have had the pulley and tune for upward of 3 years with no dramas.
Interesting. Thats good to hear. This would be my first car of this price range and first car that I would be into modding, so I really dont want it to break!

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 07:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I waited two years for my warranty to expire last October just in time for Velocity AP's Black Friday Sale. I see no difference in the car with normal driving but the torque increase was very noticeable when I punch it. Horsepower and torque both increased about 30% on my base V6. I also had them turn off the annoying start/stop. It was worth the wait.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Wareagle
I waited two years for my warranty to expire last October just in time for Velocity AP's Black Friday Sale. I see no difference in the car with normal driving but the torque increase was very noticeable when I punch it. Horsepower and torque both increased about 30% on my base V6. I also had them turn off the annoying start/stop. It was worth the wait.
I think im mainly after pure acceleration, so its good to hear that. Im on the V6S, so im not sure how much of an increase I would get on that.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by bon163
Sorry I meant how has it been in terms of real world use, not how did they find it
Normal every day drivability with no issues (I have a bunch of upgrades)...But when you stomp it, it is a blast. I have this Dragy time last time out...As you can see , very cold and crap tires...Still pretty quick.

DC

The following users liked this post:
Sparky H (02-08-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 08:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Im assuming that you are not covered on the extended warranty for any engine issues after you have applied the mods?
That will depend on the insurer and the dealer. I got a new engine on an engine defect unrelated to the pulley/tune.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
That will depend on the insurer and the dealer. I got a new engine on an engine defect unrelated to the pulley/tune.
Ok great thanks.

As a side question, do you know if the black calipers that you can get with the car are the same as the red jag performance ones?

Old 02-10-2021, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Ok great thanks.

As a side question, do you know if the black calipers that you can get with the car are the same as the red jag performance ones?
Which model do you have?

Old 02-10-2021, 08:48 AM

I have the 2017 V6S (I say have, Im picking up at the end of the month, however have spent some time with it over the last couple of weeks)

Its got the 20" Gyrodyne wheels, not sure if that changes much.

Old 02-10-2021, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 386 Likes on 270 Posts

I did something really scary to my brand new ( 1 week old) 2021 R-Dynamic!! I drilled a hole in it!
My nearest electrical outlet is in front of the car when parked in the garage.
I wanted a convenient way to set up my CTEK maintainer and still be able to put the cat's cover on while parked for several days.
The CTEK alligator clips did not grip that well and I was concerned that with hood partially down, the unprotect positive terminal / alligator clip combo could possibly short out to the hood.
The solution was to drill a hole in the positive battery terminal (the wide blade under the red cover) and connect the CTEK ring terminal with a nut/bolt.
By cutting an end out of the small red blade cover I was able to get it to fit over the terminal blade with the CTEK ring terminal attached, and then to cover completely with the larger red cover.
The negative stud provided by Jaguar is only intended for an alligator clip, so I connected the CTEK negative ring terminal to an adjacent threaded stud by simply adding another washer/nut.

Now I can leave the car on the CTEK maintainer with the hood all the way down but unlatched, and the cover fits fine.

In the scale of projects this was pretty small by any scale including mine, but you must understand how traumatic it was to DRILL a hole in my NE Jag!!

BTW: the wide positive terminal is copper (does not look like it till you drill) . Drilling resulted in numerous copper particles. I kept the area clean by applying double sided tape all around the work area to grab hold of the shavings as they were produced.
I suggest anybody interested in trying this approach do something similar because you do not want those copper bits all over the place and they not magnetic.

Last edited by CJSJAG; 02-10-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-10-2021, 04:54 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
The solution was to drill a hole in the positive battery terminal (the wide blade under the red cover) and connect the CTEK ring terminal with a nut/bolt.
I think Oz did that modification.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
I think Oz did that modification.
Yep, I did the exact same mod some three years ago, it seems great minds think alike!
My mess wasn't from the metal of the positive connection, it was from the red plastic of the cover which I had to saw/cut/drill a slot in so it would close over the maintainer cable. Man that was some tough plastic!
By sheer coincidence I just got home from over a month away with the battery maintainer connected the whole time and it worked perfectly.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

In my garage, there is an electrical outlet on the side wall about even with where the driver's door will be when parked. On the newer F Types, isn't the standard way to hook up a CTEK maintainer by connecting to the battery in the rear hatch area ? I suppose the distance to the front or rear will be about the same. I'm not sure if I am going to buy a car cover for it yet. It will be garaged all the time, but I do live in a somewhat dusty area.

Old 02-11-2021, 05:21 PM
Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I think an easier solution would have been to place a folded towel over top of the positive clip toward the hood. Close the hood (not latched) and forget about it!

Old 02-12-2021, 11:05 AM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

2014 f type v8s

Just installed vap cats, tune, and springs