F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your F-Type today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 10:44 PM
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Never done it myself but from all reports (eg Unhingd) it's nothing like "major surgery" to remove and refit the front bumper.
Time consuming yes but fairly straightforward.
I removed and refitted the front bumper on my old XFR three or four times and it wasn't at all difficult and it's much the same procedure on the F-Type.
Each time I did it on my lonesome but it would be easier with a helper to hold the other end of the bumper.
That is good to know, thank you. But my question is still, is it necessary to remove the bumper to replace the Center Bar on the grill (the section of black plastic that holds the two parking sensors)?

Old 08-23-2021, 12:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by TX69XKE
That is good to know, thank you. But my question is still, is it necessary to remove the bumper to replace the Center Bar on the grill (the section of black plastic that holds the two parking sensors)?
Going purely by (dodgy) memory here but I am fairly sure the answer is "yes".
Because I *think* there is a mounting screw or bolt at each end which is accessible only from the rear and in turn the only way is with the bumper off.

Edit - going through the instructions linked in post #36 and in particular diagram 12 on page 10 I don't see any end bolts but I do see a number of screws holding the mesh pieces to the centre bar and vice versa and those screws are from the back not the front, as well as some electrical cabling, connectors and clips running along the back of the bottom edge of the centre bar, not to mention the two parking sensors in the bar. Also the ends of the centre bar are tucked in behind the grille surround. Summing it up I don't see how it would be possible to replace the centre bar without first removing the front bumper.

Last edited by OzXFR; 08-23-2021 at 01:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TX69XKE (08-23-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 12:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not exactly today, but I just saw this thread.

I installed those illuminated treadsill plates on my finacee's 18 convertible. Wasn't too difficult, the hardest part was trying to unscrew the body clips from the bottom that only sits about 6 inches from the ground. Was well worth the 4 hours of work that it took me to do it though so I'm not complaining. 10/10 would do again!

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (08-28-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 07:47 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

just rec my ca blk plates (SCARY CT) looks great on my blk f type

Old 08-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Received 434 Likes on 177 Posts

Sadly I have not been able to do anything to my F-Type for almost a month now--because I sold it in anticipation of ordering a 2022. I am in the throes of a seller remorse depression of my own doing, heightened by the fact that Saturday morning is when I would usually wash my beauty for the weekend. I fear that my mistake was not just a temporary inconvenience, but may signal the end of any new F-Types. It may be time to retire to the garden and eat worms.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:36 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SassySarah
Sadly I have not been able to do anything to my F-Type for almost a month now--because I sold it in anticipation of ordering a 2022. I am in the throes of a seller remorse depression of my own doing, heightened by the fact that Saturday morning is when I would usually wash my beauty for the weekend. I fear that my mistake was not just a temporary inconvenience, but may signal the end of any new F-Types. It may be time to retire to the garden and eat worms.
I am right there with you. Sold my beloved 991 GTS to make room for an Emira and to get top dollar while the market is hot.
Hindsight I wish I'd have waited as I may not get an Emira allocation until 2023 and I am still anticipating my '22 F-type order to possibly be cancelled. I also enjoyed washing my car. It was therapy in a way.
Now the wait and unknown is making me crazy. You are not alone!

Old 08-28-2021, 04:29 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

spacers move the wheels out a bit for a wider track and more aggressive look

Old 10-18-2021, 06:46 AM
Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

My one day off per week:
Unplugged the start-stop harness. There's a new battery, so Carmax was accurate. 900 amp Diehard, that should be fine.
Siphoned and replaced the washer fluid with -20. The car came from Los Angeles, just assuming it's not winter ready fluid.
Replaced the wheel locks with regular nuts. Torqued to 92.
Checked the oil level when cold, shows ok. Yesterday it showed overfill after a 15 minute wait after driving. This issue appears to have been covered ad nauseam.
I may even drive it!

Old 10-18-2021, 01:30 PM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Picked it up after a full paint correction, ceramic coat, and PPF with Xpel Ultra. Slick is an understatement. I never put much value in ceramic, but it's so slick, dust doesnt even stick. It just blows off while driving. Lol

Also, drove the heck out of it... put a couple hundred miles on it while the weather is still decent. Soon, will need to put it away for the winter. :-(

2021 F Type R
Sorrento Yellow, black exterior design pkg