Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the F-Type reviews don't tell you. Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Meridian Solution - Finally JLR was Fantastic

I plan on posting this as a new thread, which I will call Meridian Fixed, thanks to JLR

Old 06-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
I plan on posting this as a new thread, which I will call Meridian Fixed, thanks to JLR

slojotaa,

Per the other thread - mine in not yet fixed after their 6th attempt today.

I've found a perfect test for anyone wanting to verify if they have a problem to the speaker installation in the left hand door.

On the iTunes store you'll find a free App called Tone Generator.

Hook your iPhone up as if playing music and then run the tone generator through 140 up to 190hz. If the problem is cured you'll know immediately, otherwise it shows up very distinctively and immediately. You'll only need half volume.

You can then run your hand along the door, hold the handle and speaker mount and you'll be able to control the vibrations yourself.

My car will be back in a few weeks time when they try a fix during its 7th visit to the shop for an attempted fix.

They've had to order a complete new door card and this is built to order only, hence the timeframe.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mawheele
slojotaa,

Per the other thread - mine in not yet fixed after their 6th attempt today.

I've found a perfect test for anyone wanting to verify if they have a problem to the speaker installation in the left hand door.

On the iTunes store you'll find a free App called Tone Generator.

Hook your iPhone up as if playing music and then run the tone generator through 140 up to 190hz. If the problem is cured you'll know immediately, otherwise it shows up very distinctively and immediately. You'll only need half volume.

You can then run your hand along the door, hold the handle and speaker mount and you'll be able to control the vibrations yourself.

My car will be back in a few weeks time when they try a fix during its 7th visit to the shop for an attempted fix.

They've had to order a complete new door card and this is built to order only, hence the timeframe.
Mawheel:
I suggest that you find a different dealer. I also spoke with JLR today after sending them a thumbs up on the solution. They are taking the case, solution, and findings to the UK engineers for distribution to the dealer network. Again, I suggest a new dealer who knows what they are doing and meet with your regional engineer, like I did. The teaming of the engineer and the service team was a perfect match. Otherwise everybody is guessing.

Good Luck,