F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a piece of ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Sounds terrible. I had a lot of issues with my first XF but after a year or so it was trouble free for the remainder of nearly 5 years. But it was embarrassing taking it into the dealer pretty much once a month at the start. No dramas with any jag since.

With the fuel, try inserting "just the tip" of the nozzle. I've found for some reason that if you go ***** deep (as it were) the pump clicks off all of the time, whereas it is fine if you only put it in a little way. I guess it would be something to do with the fuel sloshing back into the shutoff whatever.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
Very sorry to hear that you are having these problems. Look at what this Porsche 911 owner went through- maybe you need to start putting up some youtube vids like he did : Porsche 991 911 6 month review issues update - YouTube
When did Jared from Subway get out of jail?

Old 08-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Lest anyone think this is just a Jag (or Porsche) issue, a friend with a new Maserati Ghibli with every available option (over $95K on a base of about $60K), has had his car in for 29 days in about the first 9 months. One more time and he will probably invoke the lemon law.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel you pain man. I am in a similar situation where I only drove the car for 6 hours before the CEL came on and now I am waiting for a new engine . I'm hoping everything works out for you and you get to enjoy the car the way it is meant to be driven when you get it back. Until then, we are both playing the patience game and mine is wearing very, very thin.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Update, So far 32 days and still don't have it back, got a call from corporate a couple of days ago saying sorry for the issues, I asked what are they doing to do to make it right as I've lost confidence in this car and that this has the been the worst experience I've had with a high end brand and their reply was we'll call you back, waiting on that call back.
As for the dealership, haven't heard from them yet as to what the **** is going on and the progress. Texted the service manager yesterday and got a vague bullshit about I believe we have made the correct repairs, but no details which I've made clear I would like, or when it will be done. They just really don't give two *****.
To all the people that haven't had issues, good for y'all, y'all lucky. Just know that if you run into issues don't really expect Jag to step up and take care of the situation in a way to make up for the fact that these issues should not be had with a new car, or the dealership to give two ***** about your experience or expediting your issue. Worst experience I've had with a high end brand and extremely disappointed. Should have gotten a Porsche...

Old 08-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Hire and atty. today. Have the atty. invoke the lemon law and then let JLR deal with that issue.

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I agree - if the car won't put a smile on your face now why keep it? Do the lemon law thing and move on to something that will.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpowerr
Update, So far 32 days and still don't have it back, got a call from corporate a couple of days ago saying sorry for the issues, I asked what are they doing to do to make it right as I've lost confidence in this car and that this has the been the worst experience I've had with a high end brand and their reply was we'll call you back, waiting on that call back.
As for the dealership, haven't heard from them yet as to what the **** is going on and the progress. Texted the service manager yesterday and got a vague bullshit about I believe we have made the correct repairs, but no details which I've made clear I would like, or when it will be done. They just really don't give two *****.
To all the people that haven't had issues, good for y'all, y'all lucky. Just know that if you run into issues don't really expect Jag to step up and take care of the situation in a way to make up for the fact that these issues should not be had with a new car, or the dealership to give two ***** about your experience or expediting your issue. Worst experience I've had with a high end brand and extremely disappointed. Should have gotten a Porsche...
If you click the previous link, that guy had a nightmare with Porsche in similar fashion. You simply have to accept the fact that your situation is outside of the manufacture and you just happen to be the unlucky one that got an unlucky car. I had followed his ordeal in realtime and believe me, he went through sheer hell with Porsche and may have only gotten his satisfaction of his refund due to his detailed vids chronicling his nightmare step by step. He amassed a ton of followers and used the leverage to his advantage.

Hard to be definitive at this early stage but I would guess that this Jag, Porsche Mercedes and even BMW are all within the same + or - as it relates to quality. Do everything you can to get out of this particular car and then proceed how you see fit, but the others on here that are telling you of our experience aren't doing so to rub it in your face but want you to know it's your car, and not the Marque, or style, or model.

Again, I would look to buy an F a couple years old for two reasons, its broken in and you can view the service history, and with Jags awesome depreciation, you'll save a ton.

I also agree that if you hire a lawyer to simply to write a letter for you, the should be enough to get satisfaction. You should pay no more than $200 to have the letter crafted on letterhead expressing your knowledge of the terms of the lemon law in your state and how it is your desire to implement it in this matter.

THIS SHOULD BE PLENTY TO LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU MEAN BUSINESS.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-12-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

I have had a couple of issues. The dealer dealt with them as best they could and I was quite satisfied. I believe it gets down to how attentive the dealer is to these situations.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21,478 Likes on 8,643 Posts

If you do contact an attorney, ask if you can write the letter in detail (possibly bullet point style) and then have them add some sentences to make it "official". Then send it to whomever.
Still cost a few $$$, but you writing it will save the attorney time which should help the process.

Good luck..

Curious...is the dealer on the Rose Parade route ???

Should have included earlier....if you do it this way, have the lawyer transfer it to his letterhead for better results.

Last edited by Jayt2; 08-12-2016 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Added comments
Old 08-12-2016, 03:34 PM

Lemon lawyers in California do not charge you anything, even if they lose. Most will only take cases that are winners. Once you hire the attorney, they will do everything for you. This is from personal experience because my F type was labeled a lemon by Jaguar North America.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:42 PM

This is the same thing that happened to me - they kept apologizing and saying they were going to fix the problem. It was only after I hired a lawyer that they tried to rectify the situation. Well, it was too late.

My lawyer advised that generally manufacturers will do nothing until a lawyer is hired because nothing will happen on the consumer end without one. In other words, if they keep ignoring and apologizing, the customer may withdraw their complaint or simply give up.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

32 days is already grounds for automatic lemon law initiation. Either write it yourself or as Polaris suggested, just have an attorney write the letter for a couple of hundred dollars. They have no choice at this point.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ftypeLEMON
Lemon lawyers in California do not charge you anything, even if they lose. Most will only take cases that are winners. Once you hire the attorney, they will do everything for you. This is from personal experience because my F type was labeled a lemon by Jaguar North America.
Can you give some details about your car? What year was it? What were the issues?

Old 08-13-2016, 02:27 AM
Received 335 Likes on 201 Posts

Should have gotten a Porsche...

...lol...

Attached Thumbnails What a piece of ....-youre-joking-right.jpg  
Old 08-16-2016, 09:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

let me get it back and I'll PM you.
Please tell me which dealer also (so I can avoid them). I agree with you that once a dealership starts to dismantle your car, you're potentially entering uncharted territory (see the Nick Murray Prosche 911 odyssey on you tube). I've used Thousand Oaks Jag Land Rover for my first year free service. No issues with the car so far (2200 miles in one year...I don't commute).

Old 08-16-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by MalibuFtype
Please tell me which dealer also (so I can avoid them). I agree with you that once a dealership starts to dismantle your car, you're potentially entering uncharted territory (see the Nick Murray Prosche 911 odyssey on you tube). I've used Thousand Oaks Jag Land Rover for my first year free service. No issues with the car so far (2200 miles in one year...I don't commute).
Sure, I'll pm you when I get it back

The following users liked this post:
MalibuFtype (08-16-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 10:35 AM

Thanks guys for the suggestion, still don't have it back and I started looking looking for good and very aggressive lemon law lawyer yesterday and hopefully will have one hired by the end of the week. This is taking a lot of time away from work which I don't really have but it is what it it is I guess. Does anyone have a recommendation for a lawyer?

Old 08-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I not a lawyer but I think that you would need to have had the car in the shop for 30 days cumulatively (or have 4 trips to the shop to have them fix the problem...unsuccessfully) to easily win in court. Writing to Jaguar USA to complain might be more affordable (and effective as a first step). I suggest searching YouTube under Nick Murray...he got Porsche to give him a full refund. At first they only wanted to offer a depreciated value...and he posted his issues on the web so it was visible (bad press for Porsche). Nick's a nice guy, he might even have suggestions...he's email is on the YouTube videos. He's in Connecticut (California laws will apply in your case).

Good luck.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:05 AM

Ok so got the car back, just not the same car to me. The dealer tried their best I suppose, although their comunication skills suck. The rattle seems to be gone I can only hear a tick on very steep driveways there the rear lifts a bit, there's a clunk from the lifting inner rear also but that doesn't bother me.
The speaker rattles seem to be taken care of for the most part. The drivers midrange doesn't rattle anymore, but there is a new rattle that is not speaker related and instead is caused by road vibration, it faint but I can hear it, I think it's from the release cable but anyway.
On everything else I believe they tried the best they could and don't really want to bash on them. Yet.
Now it's dealing with cooperate time. I'll try to resolve it with them my self but also have a very good/aggressive lemon lawyer as plan b.

Quick Reply: What a piece of ....