F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Would/Could YOU Do If You Caught Someone "Keying" Your F-Type?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

A couple of years ago my car (an S-Type at the time) got keyed along with six other cars in my apartment complex. I filed a police report and then was able to repair the damage myself using Turtle Wax Scratch Removal Kit. If it's just the clearcoat, then it works out pretty good.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Having been born and raised in the city, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly! Thank God a lot less ugly because my parents taught me well, to check the male ego, use the mouth accordingly (or not for that matter).

As a mature adult, I taught my kids the same. If somebody can think of, or act upon doing damage to you, your property or anything, then they are clearly "off beam"! it is a crap shoot in this world, thus the reason we use our minds vs. our emotion or hearts. The latter two clearly get us into ultimate trouble, or drops us down to the level of these A-$*%)'s.

I would get a plate, try to take a picture and deal through the authorities/insurance, and then call it a day. Would it bother me? Most definitely it would. Would I get enraged? Clearly! Would I hold it in check based upon training, logic, upbringing? You bet I would. Am I a sissy ***. Clearly not concerned about this, as the other side of midnight only comes about when somebody touches me or my family (me physically, and anything with my family). A keyed car does not qualify, as my dreams of what I would do, do not over-ride my logic, maturity and background training by my parents.

Interesting perspectives, and I do know a person who was taunted by several men on the highway. He responded with "emotion", and thought it was over. Well, with his wife in the front and the kids in the back, they continued down the highway. When they got off of the exit, the car cut them off, and he got out of the car. The following was a disaster, in that the family saw their husband/dad get beaten so badly, that he was taken to the hospital. It left scars, both physically and mentally on the father and family, and when you think about it calmer, was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

These folks are mad, and I refuse to get to that point, as anybody who sees you fighting "after the fact" looks at the both of you as being nuts without knowing the reasoning. My pride, sanity, smarts and common sense always kicks in, therefore doing my best to protect within the risk tolerances made available to me, and depend upon the law to help with the rest. Otherwise.....i will revert back to a horse, and when a **** head keys the horse have it pre-trained to hoof the idiot(s) upon impact :-)!

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (05-21-2015)