F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you DON'T LIKE about your F Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015 | 01:55 AM
Veteran Member

I don't mind threads like this. NO car is absolutely perfect. I'm sure there are things you don't like about your wife We're just stating relatively minor things we don't like about the car. But nothing major, since we all bought the car.

The following users liked this post:
Tar1018 (03-08-2015)
Old 03-07-2015 | 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
And it was started by an apparent JLRNA employee. If so, there's some evidence that someone at JLR is both "honest" and listening.
"Listening." Really!!!! Point me at 'em. I've been trying to find that person for 17 months now. Whenever I speak to someone at JLR, I get this broken record. "I know your dealer has already had four goes at fixing it, but you just need to take it in a fifth time." Then you ask "So, what will be different this time." I've never gotten a response to this question.

There are people who do listen at JLR - they're called lawyers.

Old 03-07-2015 | 05:55 AM
Veteran Member
Default A Note to the Moderators

Moderators,
Not to worry! As someone patiently waiting to be able to enter an order into the production system and still not yet past the point of "no return" regarding the purchase, this thread in not even the slightest way is serving to dissuade me from following through with a purchase or question that decision. I suspect no one else is being swayed in the least to decline a purchase by this thread.

I suspect JLR will pay attention as they have done in the past. We have proof that they listen. It is unlikely that the MT would have been offered without countless of enthusiasts such as myself bombarding them with emails and phone calls demanding that option.

A good business should be not be worried by the outspoken criticism from its customers as long as it shows a good faith attempt to address those issues. In the long run, those are the customers that will remain the most loyal. It's the quiet disgruntled customers with which a business needs to concern itself.

Old 03-07-2015 | 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzRisk
No, no. Definitely not. I'd be horrified to think the mods would close a thread just because a couple of us don't like the views expressed. Everybody should be quite entitled to express their opinions, and I respect that mine is just one amongst many.

But I love my F Type, and I don't think of them as flaws, just little idiosyncrasies. There is no perfect car, but damn, this ones close!
Once again I agree with my Stratus Grey 'brother' - even if I didn't feel the desire to contribute to the original thread. If we are here it is assumed that we all love our Jaguar F-Types (even those of us stilling waiting for delivery...never mind pricing); let's just say minor "issues" aside. Otherwise you wouldn't have bought (or leased) it in the first place or you'd be selling it (and, for all I know, very likely leaving this Forum).

Yes I feel my 2015 V6S is pretty perfect - and, yes, there are one or two extremely minor things I think could be improved on - but (and I'm not looking to open up a new can of worms with the following) I think a number of cars I've owned also come pretty close to perfection, including and especially my 1997 Monte Carlo Blue Acura NSX. And what's perfect for me might be imperfect - or less so - to you.

I will close to say that in my opinion - just as Jeremy Clarkson says in his driving the V6S convertible - I think this is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-07-2015 at 06:34 AM.
OzRisk (03-07-2015)
Old 03-07-2015 | 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
I agree completely and why I didn't wish to chime in with any gripe. Why be negative about any aspect in this wonderful car? One can find negativity anywhere they look but, again, why?
I have to say this is a ridiculous comment. I love my Jag and will probably keep it until one of us dies. Even if I purchase another make and model down the road. But why bury your head in the sand and ignore the fact there are some issues as there are with all cars. Not enough to prevent me from enjoying the car but I thought this was an "open" forum to discuss the car itself (issues and all) although at times the discussions have run way off that mark.

I, for one, appreciate these discussions as it affirms that maybe my issue is not just in my car and gives me some speaking points with the dealer. I also appreciated these types of discussions when deciding on the F-Type and, while known issues would probably not have changed my mind, it was helpful to be aware of them upfront.

The following 4 users liked this post by Lovemonet:
AnD3rew (03-07-2015), DJS (03-07-2015), DuhCar (03-07-2015), Foosh (03-07-2015)
Old 03-07-2015 | 09:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
I have to say this is a ridiculous comment. I love my Jag and will probably keep it until one of us dies. Even if I purchase another make and model down the road. But why bury your head in the sand and ignore the fact there are some issues as there are with all cars. Not enough to prevent me from enjoying the car but I thought this was an "open" forum to discuss the car itself (issues and all) although at times the discussions have run way off that mark.

I, for one, appreciate these discussions as it affirms that maybe my issue is not just in my car and gives me some speaking points with the dealer. I also appreciated these types of discussions when deciding on the F-Type and, while known issues would probably not have changed my mind, it was helpful to be aware of them upfront.
You're entitled to your opinion. I was merely agreeing with another Forum member that the thread dealt on the negatives. Plain and simple.

Feel free to express any and all comments - positive or negative - not that you need my permission.

Mulmur (03-07-2015)
Old 03-07-2015 | 08:56 PM

I'm proudly American.
America was founded on freedom of speech.
I believe and embrace freedom of speech.

That said, I think most people on this forum love their F-Types, and I think they are invested in Jaguar being a successful brand. That's why the passion is high and people want to vocalize the little things that, if feasible, would make an almost perfect car, perfect.

That said, as with anything in life, your feelings follow whatever you focus on. If you focus on all the annoying things and then think about how much you paid, you'll hate the car.

But if you constantly remind yourself about its uniqueness, peak at its beauty, focus on how Jaguar is a special blend of heritage and style, remember that this thing was designed by Ian freakin' Callum, listen to its exhaust, feel the torque, enjoy the organic steering and perfect balance between ride/handling, and remember that its a lot cheaper than a comparable 911 then you will love the car!

Still, nothing wrong with wishing the car had room for a spare.... :-)

Old 03-07-2015 | 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Moderators,
Not to worry! As someone patiently waiting to be able to enter an order into the production system and still not yet past the point of "no return" regarding the purchase, this thread in not even the slightest way is serving to dissuade me from following through with a purchase or question that decision. I suspect no one else is being swayed in the least to decline a purchase by this thread.

I suspect JLR will pay attention as they have done in the past. We have proof that they listen. It is unlikely that the MT would have been offered without countless of enthusiasts such as myself bombarding them with emails and phone calls demanding that option.

A good business should be not be worried by the outspoken criticism from its customers as long as it shows a good faith attempt to address those issues. In the long run, those are the customers that will remain the most loyal. It's the quiet disgruntled customers with which a business needs to concern itself.

No mods worried here, I assure you
I agree with most of your comments personally

Originally Posted by Lovemonet

Yes we like to think it's as open a forum as possible, a place to discuss all things Jaguar both positive and negative, all cars have some issues, strengths and weaknesses.

Originally Posted by mawheele
Things for me on the F-Type.......
However for me, the biggest thing they could improve is the customer service. The Jaguar Customer Response Centre (CRC) is more of out of date in terms of modern standards than the sat nav. Unfortunately you can't evaluate this from the brochure, but had I known it was so poor the 911 might have won out.
Hmmm I thought that the CRC was / is a good thing, we have a rep for the UK and are currently trying to get this organised for the US and Canada

No, no. Definitely not. I'd be horrified to think the mods would close a thread just because a couple of us don't like the views expressed. Everybody should be quite entitled to express their opinions, and I respect that mine is just one amongst many.

But I love my F Type, and I don't think of them as flaws, just little idiosyncrasies. There is no perfect car, but damn, this ones close!
God forbid that would ever happen here. The mod team and myself are here to purely monitor and keep the forum free flowing and as a friendly warm, welcoming place to discuss all things Jaguar / car related.

There has been and will be both positives and negatives here on the site, hopefully more positives though, it's all about discussion.

Threads will be closed if it gets out of hand, there are disagreements that seem unresolvable and potentially harm the forum harmony.
Warnings are given for many things here and or members may be banned for a short time or removed permanently, but never to my knowledge for posting negatives

The following 2 users liked this post by JimC64:
golfhero (03-10-2015), JD83 (04-17-2017)
Old 03-08-2015 | 11:09 AM

Guys. Love mine. Not perfect but is this car beautiful. The only thing that really irks me Is filling up the gas tank. Seems to think it's full all the time. Anyone else having this issue? Other than that, lovin it.

Old 03-08-2015 | 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tar1018
Guys. Love mine. Not perfect but is this car beautiful. The only thing that really irks me Is filling up the gas tank. Seems to think it's full all the time. Anyone else having this issue? Other than that, lovin it.
Tar,

That has been reported by a fair number of people in this forum. The majority of those reports have come from CA.

While we have vapor recovery nozzles (for environmental reasons) in my state as well, but I've never once had a pump shut down prematurely in over 6K miles. The design of these nozzles varies from place to place, and some of these designs appear to be more prone to that problem.

Old 03-08-2015 | 01:48 PM
Veteran Member

Upon reflection, what I should have written in response to the question "What You DON'T LIKE About Your F-Type" - instead of raising the ire of a few Forum members - was that it's been stuck in my garage more than I'd like it to be (even though I have been out and about many days; many more than I had thought possible or envisioned) this brutal winter.

That's my answer and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-08-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2015 | 05:04 PM
Veteran Member

My fuel tank keeps showing empty. But I think that's got something to do with how I drive it!

Tar1018 (03-09-2015)
Old 03-09-2015 | 07:41 PM

My fuel tank keeps showing empty. But I think that's got something to do with how I drive it!
What I mean is when I go to fill my tank, the nozzles shuts off after like 3 gallons and I hove toggle the nozle around it continues to stop. Faulty female outlet I suppose. Anyone else experience this????

Old 03-09-2015 | 07:48 PM

What I mean is when I go to fill my tank, the nozzles shuts off after like 3 gallons and I hove toggle the nozle around it continues to stop. Faulty female outlet I suppose. Anyone else experience this????
Yeah this happens to quite a few people. It happens at about half of the pumps I go to.

Tar1018 (03-10-2015)
Old 03-09-2015 | 07:48 PM

Yes, I have the same issue. As Foosh mentioned, it seems more prevalent with CA pumps.

Tar1018 (03-10-2015)
Old 03-09-2015 | 08:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BierNut
Yes, I have the same issue. As Foosh mentioned, it seems more prevalent with CA pumps.
Due to the CARB requirements, even the fuel nozzles are designed differently for CA. I've experienced problems there with a number of cars.

Tar1018 (03-10-2015)
Old 03-09-2015 | 08:18 PM

First world problems... Because somebody had to say it.
No actually. No one had to say it. Believe it or not, we're all going just fine without the services of Cpt. Obvious.

Old 03-10-2015 | 05:08 AM

I have this issue every time I purchase gas and I am in Florida.

Tar1018 (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015 | 05:14 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hardwired
No actually. No one had to say it. Believe it or not, we're all going just fine without the services of Cpt. Obvious.
Geez, you're a bit late with that witty comeback, but thanks for your participation.

Old 03-10-2015 | 06:52 AM
Tel

After living 6 months with a MY15 V8S - Convertible as a daily driver, I can honestly say that the positives FAR outweigh the negatives, but to add my four penneth:

1. Poor paintwork and metal finish (Jaguar are replacing the car)
2. The seam that runs down the middle of both seats can be pretty uncomfortable
3. The amount of crud that gets thrown up the sides form the front wheels
4. Flappy paddles that are too small and 'plasticky'
5. Slooow infotainment/SAT NAV
6. When in Drive or "D" the automatically chosen gear selection is not displayed

As mentioned by others, unfortunately JLR customer relations (CRC) are very poor/non existent. Thankfully the retailer has made up for the is defecit in our case.

And that's about your lot - It's my first ever Jaguar, and apart from point 1. and the CRC, I think that if that is all I can put as a negative, then Jaguar should be commended for producing a great machine...and I look forward to getting my 2WD V8R Cab in a few weeks!

Quick Reply: What you DON'T LIKE about your F Type