Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you DON'T LIKE about your F Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015 | 07:23 AM
Veteran Member

Absolutely the worst thing about the F-Type is:
I DON'T HAVE MINE YET!!

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-10-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-10-2015 | 07:29 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Absolutely the worst thing about the F-Type is:
I DON'T HAVE MINE YET!!
Mentally you do, physically you don't.

The worst thing about my F-Type - in it's current state - is how absolutely dirty it is from driving it. No, Lance, I am not trying in any way to make you feel bad (you know me better than that), merely stating a fact. A rather meaningless fact but a fact nevertheless.

Old 03-10-2015 | 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Geez, you're a bit late with that witty comeback, but thanks for your participation.
You're welcome. Anytime
Ninja edit: I'm always ready to fight for human rights, particularly the right to complain. My complaint is this whistling noise on the highway when the top is down. It comes from the passenger side, but there is no passenger. I was not told my car came with an annoying single-tune ghost.

Last edited by hardwired; 03-10-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-10-2015 | 04:16 PM

very hard to find fault in my R, as i have a smile plastered to my face every time i drive it!

but:
- stereo is just OK.
- NAV is good, not great

that's about it.

the sound makes up for anything!

Old 03-10-2015 | 11:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zach05855
My number one pet peeve, is with all my jaguars.....no sunglass holder/compartment. There is not one in my XJL, XKR-S and my F Type coupe.
Wish there was one in my XFR as well. Sunglasses have to go in the door side pocket.

Last edited by 2010 Kyanite XFR; 03-10-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2015 | 11:16 AM

I don't see many vapor recovery nozzles any more (in VA at least) - didn't the EPA do away with them?

Anyhow - auto pump shut off is controlled by a small tube in the nozzle that turns off the pump when the hole in the end of this tube is blocked by gas (air pressure effect), which happens when the tank is full. If it happens at other times, gas must be backing up in the filler tube. I can only think of 2 reasons for this - a) the design of the car has a kink or bend in the tube that leads to the gas tank (or the tube is too narrow) and gas can't flow quickly enough into the tank or b) air can't escape from the tank quickly enough when gas is flowing in and 'bubbles' it back up (for whatever reason - a vapor recovery 'boot' that fits completely over the opening could certainly slow the flow of air leaving).

Nozzle design (length?) could also be a factor.

Solution would be to pump slowly, giving the gas time to flow into the tank (and air out of the tank) and not letting it back up and activate the auto shutoff feature.

I guess....

Originally Posted by Foosh
Tar,

That has been reported by a fair number of people in this forum. The majority of those reports have come from CA.

While we have vapor recovery nozzles (for environmental reasons) in my state as well, but I've never once had a pump shut down prematurely in over 6K miles. The design of these nozzles varies from place to place, and some of these designs appear to be more prone to that problem.

Old 03-11-2015 | 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

I think they are still required in urban areas, but not so much if you live out as far as say Loudon Co. It's similar to the requirement for summer blend gas, which only applies to areas subject to Code Yellow and Red Air Quality alerts in the summer months.

Old 03-11-2015 | 12:44 PM

isn't the little storage are between the seats at shoulder height ok for storing sunglasses in the coupe? That has worked for me.
As far as what bothers me about my vehicle, I wish the shift lever would engage drive just by pulling it rearwards from reverse, without having to depress the shift bar again.

The following 2 users liked this post by gotwish:
Foosh (03-11-2015), knoxville379 (03-14-2015)
Old 03-11-2015 | 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

What I don't like.. For me, these are relative dislikes.. i.e. they aren't horrible, but IMO they should be better for a brand with a name/history like Jaguar:

1. Stereo
2. Base features (there are a lot of addons which should just be standard for brand like Jaguar)
3. Lack of user specific programming (i.e. why can't I program the car to aways have active exhaust on and ECO mode off, I'm the customer and the customer is always right )

That being said, they are relative dislikes as I love the car.

Old 03-11-2015 | 01:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by gotwish
As far as what bothers me about my vehicle, I wish the shift lever would engage drive just by pulling it rearwards from reverse, without having to depress the shift bar again.
I don't think that would be a very good idea. Given the central location of the shift handle around so many other switches and controls, that would cause some to accidentally knock it out of gear. The trigger is a good idea and ensures you really meant to put it forward, neutral or reverse.

Old 03-11-2015 | 01:22 PM
Default Vision Pack Cost Too High

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Company V8S? I want to work for your company.
2. You have to order several thousand dollars worth of garbage in the premium pack to get the vision pack.
That one above really burned me up. My recollection was that it was going to cost me $5000+ just to have the vision pack. I too did not care about the options I had to buy to be allowed to purchase the vision pack, and skipped it.

The reality for me is that the lack of visibility is probably the thing I dislike the most about this car, and this vision pack should not even be considered an option - I'd go as far as to say it's a safety issue. The fact that Jaguar would capitalize on this obvious shortcoming of this car, left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Old 03-11-2015 | 09:56 PM

I don't think that would be a very good idea. Given the central location of the shift handle around so many other switches and controls, that would cause some to accidentally knock it out of gear. The trigger is a good idea and ensures you really meant to put it forward, neutral or reverse.
My BMW 650, Range Rover Sport, and Acura MDX all went into Drive from reverse or Neutral just by pulling back the shift handle. I guess it was something I just was accustomed to.

Old 03-12-2015 | 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by ebbnflow

The reality for me is that the lack of visibility is probably the thing I dislike the most about this car, and this vision pack should not even be considered an option - I'd go as far as to say it's a safety issue. The fact that Jaguar would capitalize on this obvious shortcoming of this car, left a very bad taste in my mouth.
I could not agree more. And i wish the dealer had simply said that it's stupid to buy this car without it. Instead they said its a small car, and its not really necessary.

Old 03-12-2015 | 07:11 PM

1. No manual offered on V8
2. No real time tire pressure monitoring.
3. Not enough GAUGES, come on can I get an oil pressure gauge.
4. Checking the oil
5. Not a fan of the P-zeros
6. Satellite radio sucks
7. weight

MC

2015 Jaguar F-type R Coupe
1996 Acura NSX-T
1995 Mazda Miata #34

Old 03-13-2015 | 01:22 PM

i'll add:
- the wimpy flip down sun visors
- the also-wimpy little tinny-horn sound when locking

Old 03-13-2015 | 01:46 PM
Veteran Member

Going to get a lot of crap for this...but I actually like the limited visibility. It's part of the design, makes me feel like I'm strapped into a jet fighter seat. When I went from a Cayman to a 911, the first thing I missed was the 2-seater, confined atmosphere of the cabin. The 911 was too spacious behind me. Sure, great visibility and can carry more stuff. But I wanted that purposeful cabin feeling. So I'm very happy that the F-Type has that same tight, confined, this is not a grocery-getter feeling cabin.

Old 03-13-2015 | 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by FtypeRRR
i'll add:
- the wimpy flip down sun visors
- the also-wimpy little tinny-horn sound when locking
If the sun visors were any bigger, I wouldn't be able to see out of the windshield, while using them. They are perfect for my height at 6'2". There's an obvious reason that is a necessity given the body and windshield dimensions and shapes, unless you are really, really short.

The following 2 users liked this post by Foosh:
OzRisk (03-13-2015), slojotaa (04-06-2015)
Old 03-13-2015 | 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

Um. I'm pretty certain mine goes straight from reverse to drive (and vice versa).

Old 03-13-2015 | 06:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-typical
Um. I'm pretty certain mine goes straight from reverse to drive (and vice versa).
Well, I'm 100% certain mine does not without holding down the trigger. That's what the poster was complaining about--having to hold the trigger. I just tried it to make sure I'm not becoming senile.

It does go into N from either F or R if you try it without holding the trigger, and a warning flashes on the gauge display telling me to hold down the trigger.

EDIT: I remember well that I was rather embarrassed when taking delivery, and I sat for a couple of minutes while my saleslady watched me trying to put it into gear. Then I remembered the trigger, smiled and waved goodbye.

Last edited by Foosh; 03-13-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2015 | 04:11 AM
Veteran Member

I've always wondered why they can't make a hinged 2 piece visor that occupy the same space. Jag not only car with this problem.

Quick Reply: What you DON'T LIKE about your F Type