F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you DON'T LIKE about your F Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 615 Likes on 416 Posts

Overall, I have to start by saying I love my F-Type. That said, I find it amazing that my $89k Jag doesn't have some of the basic features that are in my 2007 Acura, namely:
1) Back-up camera
2) Garage door opener
3) Voice recognition
- I'd gladly lose the power seats, headlight washers, heated steering wheel and even heated seats in exchange.
- Eco mode a waste (but easily disabled)
- Meridian sound system is all I need in a convertible, although the changer takes forever to load (over 3 hours, if empty) and can't be done very well without the engine running. Wish it would store MP3 discs. (Acura does DTS and DVD-A, BTW)
- Trunk is a joke, of course, even for a weekend (with MY wife, anyway) Makes my E-Type look spacious (it also has a trunk rack).
- I'm fine with the tire noise, gas cap, rising central vents.
- I'll add a complaint that the car WILL NOT LOCK if one of the sensors goes bad (in my case on one side of the bonnet)
- All comments on weight, agreed.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

So far the issues I'm having on my MY2016 are

1. Outdated Nav and infotainment (to me feels like generations behind BMW's idrive). I'd rather have carplay or Android Auto as an option to bypass Jaguar's solution.

2. Squeak from drivers seatbelt. No matter which position I move my seat to, my seatbelt squeaks when its rubs against the seat.

3. Poor quality backup camera. Mounted really low, wide fisheye much lower quality than the BMW and Audi cameras

4. Low confidence in parking sensors. Many times my front parking sensors wont go off even when I'm right next to the wall, the backup sensors seem to go off too soon. Overall not confidence inspiring and again lower quality than Audi's or BMW's solution

5. Poor sight lines, but that is to be expected in a car like this. Especially egregious is rear view mirror with the spoiler up. At highway speeds 70-80 miles an hour no one needs the spoiler and there's no way to drop it and I get very small rear visibility at those speeds

6. Blindspot detection not really that useful. For whatever reason I paid more attention to my Audi A7's blindspot detection than the F-types. Not sure why that is.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:20 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,119 Likes on 1,415 Posts

I don't like the fact that my car is covered with pine pollen, and after a passing shower yesterday, it looks like it has chicken pox.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (05-14-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
I don't like the fact that my car is covered with pine pollen, and after a passing shower yesterday, it looks like it has chicken pox.
How fast must one drive before the sticky wet pollen removes itself?

Old 05-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
So far the issues I'm having on my MY2016 are

6. Blindspot detection not really that useful. For whatever reason I paid more attention to my Audi A7's blindspot detection than the F-types. Not sure why that is.
The blindspot detection has worked wonderfully for me. Cars, motorcycles, bicycles, it picks up all of them. Useful for when backing up as well since it will beep if a car is coming towards you perpendicular and you can't see them with the camera or through the C pillar.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LynxFX
The blindspot detection has worked wonderfully for me. Cars, motorcycles, bicycles, it picks up all of them. Useful for when backing up as well since it will beep if a car is coming towards you perpendicular and you can't see them with the camera or through the C pillar.
Yes, the cross traffic detection while reversing has saved my bacon already!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Yes, I'm tired of having to wash cars when they get dirty. Every car I've had get's dirty. Why can't they do something about that?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yes, I'm tired of having to wash cars when they get dirty. Every car I've had get's dirty. Why can't they do something about that?
Nissan is way ahead of you...

The following users liked this post:
Foosh (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

That's either pure brilliance or pure BS. I'm curious about the process though.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

Think we should petition Jag for wash free cars! Their engineers must be in dark ages. Dealer should have told us that keeping car clean was our responsablity, I would have fought for a bigger discount!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bjg625
Think we should petition Jag for wash free cars! Their engineers must be in dark ages. Dealer should have told us that keeping car clean was our responsablity, I would have fought for a bigger discount!

FWIW, my dealer has offered me a free car wash ANY time I want one when the dealership is open. I know I have read horror stories on paint swirls and automatic car washes, but I just MIGHT try it, ONLY because this dealer sells Rolls Royce, McLaren, Bentley, Bugatti, and of course (on the low end) Jaguar.

Surely they maintain the car wash to the utmost highest standards if they wash all those high end brands...

Old 05-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Some vehicles just look better dirty.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member

LOL, well that one certainly does.

See what I did here? Now we're talking about important things rather than the other piddly little gripes like car sound systems and such.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

LOL, well that one certainly does.

See what I did here? Now we're talking about important things rather than the other piddly little gripes like car sound systems and such.
Well if piddly sound is not of interest to you, and Nissan has invented the self cleaning car, maybe at least Jaguar could have come out with a "Clean sounding stereo set of door panels". Once clean, one would never have to visit it again....., signed and sighing "Piddly assed in NJ"

Old 05-14-2015, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member

Ding, ding, ding . . . What took so long?

Old 05-14-2015, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

Ding, ding, ding . . . What took so long?
distraction....breakfast was served LOL!

Old 05-14-2015, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Oh dear... This thread is like a herpes rash. Just when you think it's finally gone away, it comes back again to irritate you.

Great try, Foosh, on trying to lighten the mood and bring back some perspective.

Like TXJagR, my dealer has offered to wash my car any time I want to drop by the service department.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Oh dear... This thread is like a herpes rash. Just when you think it's finally gone away, it comes back again to irritate you.

Great try, Foosh, on trying to lighten the mood and bring back some perspective.

Like TXJagR, my dealer has offered to wash my car any time I want to drop by the service department.
Yes, I tried, and you're dead on target with regard to the rash.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

Getting her dirty and hand washing her -- as often as possible!
I test drove the V8 at the Jaguar Performance Driving Academy, then went out and ordered a fully-loaded V6S. I also visited the factory in Castle Bromwich: they will build you anything you want (combination of options). The Configurator "simplifies" the ordering process by putting a lot of options together in Packs -- but you can spend time with your dealer and review individual items; like order the reversing camera without the parking sensors. They also have an SVO unit, if you want a stripped version you can probably get it (or just order the Project 7!).
I ordered what the Configurator loaded me up with; I could have lived without the $2,500 extended leather headlining and dash, but I bought the car for the long term and I have no regrets. You can save serious money working with the dealer, you don't have to get the Packs and can specify individual options.
My old Jag dealer was TERRIBLE in terms of sales AND service. I was careful to choose a new/different dealer for the F-Type, before I ordered I brought my old X-Type Jaguar into service several times to make sure they were good. If your dealer isn't treating you well, find another!
Porsche has a 50-year head-start with the 911, I'm impressed that the F-Type is where it is today (dare I say superior to the Porsche?), considering it's been in production only a few years.
I think the vision pack is a must given the limited visibility, I thought the steerable headlamps were a frill but I find them very cool and happy I ordered the "Pack"
Fuel filling shut-off is a gripe, but if you rotate the nozzle 180' (upside down) it seems to cure the quick-shut-off issue.
Happier now that I have "configured" the car better: no pop up volume knob on the display, turned on digital speed read-out, turned down the parking alert bell volume and the nav system volume. Looking forward to the next software update ;-)

Old 05-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzRisk

Did you find the mood not light? Maybe it got "lost in translation"....just maybe, but the herpes rash, I wouldn't know anything about, thank God!

Quick Reply: What you DON'T LIKE about your F Type