Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you like?
Yes, looks good!
7.14%
No, too race boy!
92.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

What are your thoughts on this Koshi Carbon Fiber wing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 07:00 AM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Default What are your thoughts on this Koshi Carbon Fiber wing?

thinking about adding this koshi carbon fiber wing.

thoughts? It keeps the oem lines of the car and also eliminates the 2 holes for the jaguar emblem.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:34 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

I am not a huge carbon fan but either way I think I would be worried about the fit as most aftermarket body kits/parts never fit as well as OEM. My Porsche had a high end rear tail on it and it rubbed every time I popped the engine bay open. But also I think it just looks out of place on the car. Maybe it is just the photo above. I would be interested in seeing more pics of it. I get it eliminates the holes for the Jag logo but imagine this is not an inexpensive option.

The following users liked this post:
mrjohnt (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I am not a huge carbon fan but either way I think I would be worried about the fit as most aftermarket body kits/parts never fit as well as OEM. My Porsche had a high end rear tail on it and it rubbed every time I popped the engine bay open. But also I think it just looks out of place on the car. Maybe it is just the photo above. I would be interested in seeing more pics of it. I get it eliminates the holes for the Jag logo but imagine this is not an inexpensive option.

this picture has the added taillight trim, which I won’t get.

Price is around $650 USD shipped

Old 09-09-2021, 10:49 AM
Xec
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I think it looks out of place. Doesn't match with the rest of the car and also doesn't do anything for the overall silhouette.

How about a fixed wing spoiler instead?

F-Types look fantastic with a fixed wing. They look like they should've always been on the car.

uclabrruin1989 (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 05:10 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Funny I generally tend to love wings on cars, but the F-type is the one of the few cars where I think it looks better without.

Nodnarb (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 06:13 PM
YRS
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Fitment notwithstanding, believe the carbon look depends on paint color and how the rest of the machine is kitted out. Might look sweet if you've got other carbon bits in play.

Old 09-11-2021, 03:53 AM
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

The fixed wing is a great look, but I could never get over losing the active spoiler, it's just too fun of a gimmick. I guess the SVR spoiler is the best of both worlds, lol.

The following 2 users liked this post by takeapieandrun:
SVR 575 (09-11-2021), Xec (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 09:31 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireze22
Funny I generally tend to love wings on cars, but the F-type is the one of the few cars where I think it looks better without.
It is funny because I feel the same way. I usually prefer a wing on most of the cars I owned but feel the Jaguar looks best without. I like the SVR look but since mine is an R and not an SVR I prefer it with the active spoiler.

Fireze22 (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 11:16 PM
Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

I like the fixed wing and would like to round out the Carbon look on my exterior but I still think I like the lines without. Side note: I ordered about 14 pieces from madness in June - front splitter arrived with seam not centered and I have been waiting for months for a replacement and still have not received several other pieces. Made to order or not, the lead times are totally unacceptable and I think madness could ha e done more to resolve the situation or at least offer a discount to make up for it, also, the fitment is good but dry fitting the carbon splitter scratched my factory black splitter quite a bit which is more problematic because I don’t have a suitable replacement. Finally, thank emailed Koshi about the defect and they actually responded that the issue was “only aesthetic” - ironic that a company who makes parts purely for looks doesn’t think the way their product looks is a big deal. My factory carbon pieces were perfect and all delivered quickly and correctly.

I will also offer an apology for my response turning into a rant, but good info for a perspective buyer.

mrjohnt (09-12-2021)
Old 09-12-2021, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by gg2684
I like the fixed wing and would like to round out the Carbon look on my exterior but I still think I like the lines without. Side note: I ordered about 14 pieces from madness in June - front splitter arrived with seam not centered and I have been waiting for months for a replacement and still have not received several other pieces. Made to order or not, the lead times are totally unacceptable and I think madness could ha e done more to resolve the situation or at least offer a discount to make up for it, also, the fitment is good but dry fitting the carbon splitter scratched my factory black splitter quite a bit which is more problematic because I don’t have a suitable replacement. Finally, thank emailed Koshi about the defect and they actually responded that the issue was “only aesthetic” - ironic that a company who makes parts purely for looks doesn’t think the way their product looks is a big deal. My factory carbon pieces were perfect and all delivered quickly and correctly.

I will also offer an apology for my response turning into a rant, but good info for a perspective buyer.
thank you everyone for your responses. I just needed a few opinions as I was 50/50 on it.

Sorry to hear about your issues with Madness/Koshi.
looks like I made a good decision to pass on the parts. I’m going to guess Madness is just a middleman and orders the parts from Koshi. I doubt they have these items in stock. That said, any delays in shipping or defects in products should be communicated from Madness.

Old 09-12-2021, 07:46 AM
Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
thank you everyone for your responses. I just needed a few opinions as I was 50/50 on it.

Sorry to hear about your issues with Madness/Koshi.
looks like I made a good decision to pass on the parts. I’m going to guess Madness is just a middleman and orders the parts from Koshi. I doubt they have these items in stock. That said, any delays in shipping or defects in products should be communicated from Madness.
No intent to discourage purchase, the pieces are nice. The guys at madness have been nice as well, but I felt like they could have done more and I shouldn’t have had to contact koshi and copied madness - koshi even responded that I should go through madness as well, but I had literally no communication, no update, and no products for months - interestingly, the payment was accepted and processed immediately and I have not rd a mention of the remaining parts that were paid for months ago. It’s Ike it didn’t happen.