F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's on your laundry list?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 04:19 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts
Default What's on your laundry list?

I've had my V6S AWD F type for about 2 months and it's been fun learning about all the stuff that can be done as well as seeing all the beautiful cars on this forum. I'm curious as to others have done and what's on the laundry list of things you plan/want to do. In the first month, I had a huge list (Quicksilver Exhaust system, Mina gallery intake, intercooler, meth/water kit, ECU/Pulley, transmission tune, 200 Cell Cat) but after the pedal commander and GAN tuning, I think I'm good with what it does at this point. The PC provides a much more responsive throttle and the GAN gives enough low end torque to reduce that lag/build up.

Done - 1) Pedal Commander 2) GAN tuning 3) engine cover delete 4) CTEK battery panel plug install 5) CTEK bluetooth battery monitor 5) Cargo net in the trunk 6) Window Tint 7) headlight/tail light tint 8) Premium floor and trunk mats, Sport and rubber mats

Purchased and need to do in the next few weeks - 1) H&R Springs 2) UAD CarPlay 3) Chrome delete with black gloss vinyl wrap 4) quick battery disconnect switch 5) Replace jaguar emblem and Jaguar/F type lettering with black version 6) sequential side view mirror replacement

Plan on doing - 1) 20" wheels and tires 2) antigravity 60 or 80 amp lithium battery 3) and maybe an entire car wrap.

I had about $10k worth of performance mods I thought about doing but I think getting it be any faster is going to have some diminishing returns due to tuning headaches and more potential issues. Most of the stuff I'm about to do or plan on doing at this point is cosmetic, exception being the UAD and Antigravity battery.

What's on your list?

Old 03-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

I had quite a list....And went through most pretty quickly Slippery slope and I have probably missed some...Track it for fun...

DC

Old 03-09-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
I had quite a list....And went through most pretty quickly Slippery slope and I have probably missed some...Track it for fun...

DC
Damn, nice list. So is #33 the only thing left?

Old 03-09-2021, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by datriani
Damn, nice list. So is #33 the only thing left?
Thanks...Yes...33 is all I have potentially planned, unless something else comes up...Maybe another set of wheels? Or re-powder coat mine Black?

I am sure I will come up with something to occupy my time. And I think I missed a couple...Also left off maintenance items like fluids etc...and the costs...IT was about $15,500.00 so far, with me doing all of the work myself.

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 03-09-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:46 PM
Obi
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

V6 base with VAP tune, lower pulley, TCU tune, 200 cell cats, eibach lowering springs

To do list:

Engine-esque
Finish Aquamist meth injection
CWA 100-3 pump,

Exterior
custom grille
Sports design diffuser / custom diffuser

Consideration:
TVS 1900 (sitting in my garage), trouble becomes getting a shop to remove the engine for Boring. May wait for current engine to expire and do it with a replacement engine... plan on keeping this car for life. Or alternatively just see what 1900 on 3.0L will do

Old 03-10-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Obi
V6 base with VAP tune, lower pulley, TCU tune, 200 cell cats, eibach lowering springs

To do list:

Engine-esque
Finish Aquamist meth injection
CWA 100-3 pump,

Exterior
custom grille
Sports design diffuser / custom diffuser

Consideration:
TVS 1900 (sitting in my garage), trouble becomes getting a shop to remove the engine for Boring. May wait for current engine to expire and do it with a replacement engine... plan on keeping this car for life. Or alternatively just see what 1900 on 3.0L will do
nice list. Have you had any issues with performance mods, anything you regret doing?

Old 03-10-2021, 04:56 PM
Obi
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by datriani
nice list. Have you had any issues with performance mods, anything you regret doing?
No issues, No regrets.

However, I’m considering dual pulleys when the meth kit is installed. This may or may not be a regret given what has been said about both pulleys on the v6

Old 03-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a RWD V8S

Done so far - VAP tune, VAP lowering springs, 15mm spacers, Carbon Fiber engine cover, side vents and hood vents, undergoing a full color change wrap this week (de-badged + chrome delete + tail light tint + ceramic coat + window tint).

On my list to do, in no particular order
VAP valvetronic exhaust (touring & race)
Change rear diffuser
Puddle lights
Upgrade intake
VAP transmission tune
Upgrade brakes
Clean my sticky buttons
More carbon fiber......interior and exterior

Old 03-10-2021, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

Done:
interior lights blue (except the ones that change colour);
debadged, only black leaper on rear;
black wrap on sills, A & C pillars;
21' Vorsteiner VFF 103's (fantastic wheel, very light with massive handling improvement, also easy to clean), and michelins (beautiful ride, starting to lose some grip in the rears after about 20,000km);
BMC filters (tricky to get in, more noise and whine if you listen hard);
rear lower bumper and finisher replaced with R version to accommodate VAP quad exhaust;
VAP quad exhaust (fantastic sound);
VAP pulley and tune (like a different car).

Tried drilled and slotted rotors, generated a lot of squeaking and seemed to be losing performance from them, so replaced with OEM.

Considering Eventuri intake (lot of $$$ for a bit of whine, two minds about that one), transmission tune, need to fix scratches on centre tunnel, but actually very happy with the car which is very odd as I have had it coming on 5 years.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my car used and it was already tinted, chrome deleted/wrapped black, PPF on the entire front end (getting a bit long in the tooth, might have it redone this summer). Since then I've had new tires put on, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, and did new brake pads myself (Stoptech Street Brake Pads).

Soon I probably need to do the brake fluid.

The Jaguar logo puddle lights have me curious, can ya'll recommend a brand and also post pics of how they look on your car doors open at night? Here's one I found on google

Also I need to look into disabling the auto stop/start, it would be nice to not have to remember to hit the button every time.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:01 AM
Received 245 Likes on 129 Posts

Disabling auto stop/start is super simple. Here’s a short video on it.

The following users liked this post:
HalfCornish (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 06:58 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Something I keep forgetting to do: remove dead start/stop battery.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Get that puppy out of there! Save some weight

DC

Old 03-11-2021, 08:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Just one thing on the list. Find that bloody rattle! Well it's more of a buzz. Think having a bee stuck in the rear storage cubby and giving him a squeeze at 1,800 RPM.

Old 03-11-2021, 09:20 AM
Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Done:
Aftermarket wheels
Disable auto stop/start

To do this year once the weather clears (hopefully soon!)
Install VAP tune
Fit Maxton side skirts
Fit Koshi interior bits
Chrome delete, tint windows and possibly wrap. On the fence about what color to go, really dig the satin pearl white look but also waffling between that and a bright blue metallic to mimic the Ultra Blue factory color. A first world dilemma if ever there was

Old 03-11-2021, 09:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

So outside of possibly affecting the manual operation of the rear wing, everyone is comfortable that this auto start/stop plug doesn't control anything else?

Old 03-11-2021, 10:04 AM
Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Wink5
So outside of possibly affecting the manual operation of the rear wing, everyone is comfortable that this auto start/stop plug doesn't control anything else?
I can say with certainty on my '16 that neither the rear wing or anything else was affected by disconnecting the plug. All you'll get is an "auto stop/start feature unavailable" message if you hit the stop/start button.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfCornish
I bought my car used and it was already tinted, chrome deleted/wrapped black, PPF on the entire front end (getting a bit long in the tooth, might have it redone this summer). Since then I've had new tires put on, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, and did new brake pads myself (Stoptech Street Brake Pads).

Soon I probably need to do the brake fluid.

The Jaguar logo puddle lights have me curious, can ya'll recommend a brand and also post pics of how they look on your car doors open at night? Here's one I found on google

Also I need to look into disabling the auto stop/start, it would be nice to not have to remember to hit the button every time.
I went with this one
Amazon Amazon
. 2 mins. to install. Did not use the extender wires in the end, but the existing wiring is on the short side. One door was worse than the other.

The following users liked this post:
HalfCornish (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
I put off removing mine for years coz it seemed to be an impossible job without removing the rear plastic panel(s) and I was worried about breaking clips and/or rattles and/or poor fit after replacement. Coz the rearmost bolt in the mounting frame is tucked a fair way under the trim.
But I need not have worried, a small "wobble" extension on the ratchet made short work of that bolt and the whole lot came out in 5 minutes without having to remove any panels.

Old 03-13-2021, 01:21 PM

Just finished the UAD CarPlay install. Took about 20 minutes and had zero issues. I had the unit sitting around for a few weeks and glad I finally got around to it. It's pretty awesome and well worth it.

I also tinted the side view mirror blinkers and like the blacked out look although I have a set of sequential lights coming and I think they're smoked out as well. . That took about 10 minutes on the first one and about 5 on the 2nd. Switching out the lights should be a breeze.

I tried chrome deleting with a black gloss wrap but I'm just not that patient or skilled to do it right.... I'll probably take it somewhere for them to do it right but I got a quote of $800 for the grill, window trim and side grills.... that seems to be a kinda expensive... any one have an idea how much it should cost?

Tonight I'm going to install a quick disconnect switch in the trunk. And maybe removing the badges. I bought a set of Black badges but not sure if I want to keep it debadged or throw the set of black ones on there.

Next week, I'm getting the H&R springs thrown on there and might get my rim powder coated black. Hopefully that looks good enough that I can forgo a new set 20's.

Quick Reply: What's on your laundry list?