Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's on your laundry list?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 02:04 PM
Obi
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by datriani
Just finished the UAD CarPlay install. Took about 20 minutes and had zero issues. I had the unit sitting around for a few weeks and glad I finally got around to it. It's pretty awesome and well worth it.

I also tinted the side view mirror blinkers and like the blacked out look although I have a set of sequential lights coming and I think they're smoked out as well. . That took about 10 minutes on the first one and about 5 on the 2nd. Switching out the lights should be a breeze.

I tried chrome deleting with a black gloss wrap but I'm just not that patient or skilled to do it right.... I'll probably take it somewhere for them to do it right but I got a quote of $800 for the grill, window trim and side grills.... that seems to be a kinda expensive... any one have an idea how much it should cost?

Tonight I'm going to install a quick disconnect switch in the trunk. And maybe removing the badges. I bought a set of Black badges but not sure if I want to keep it debadged or throw the set of black ones on there.

Next week, I'm getting the H&R springs thrown on there and might get my rim powder coated black. Hopefully that looks good enough that I can forgo a new set 20's.
This may make doing the trim easier. As far as the grill surround, plastic dip isn’t a bad option

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-13-2021, 05:09 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi
This may make doing the trim easier. As far as the grill surround, plastic dip isn’t a bad option

https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Black-.../dp/B071W9BN6W
Thanks for the link. I actually ordered that for the grill and a larger 5'x6' sheet for the doors. The doors are tough because of the larger "V" near the back. That and my lack of patience and attention to detail.... Damn ADD.

I stopped by another shop near my house and they quoted me $650 for the chrome delete and another $600 to paint my brake calipers. I might just pull the trigger and not deal with it but I'll give it one more try tonight.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:07 PM
Received 245 Likes on 129 Posts

Simple mod for puddle lights.

Device and I used the provided pigtails

Original stock light.

LED light.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:14 AM
Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

Can you provide a link to these puddle lights? I found some on ebay, but I'm not sure of the quality.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:32 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Can anyone PLEASE direct me to the thread that describes QUICK BATTERY DISCONNECT AND RESET SWITCH INSTALL. ....just a dumb cowboy with NO SOCIAL MEDIA SAVVY.....Thanks in advance.
Sparky

Old 04-06-2021, 09:10 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks folks.....I was persistent in my search and found a pdf that THE Rock posted that was titled "...Reboot Switch". Will install post haste as my Stage 1 Tune should be here in a month or so from VAP.
JAGUAR FORUMS.COM is so terrific I will will think twice before my next mountain lion guide/track from Last Chance Ranch....A Paiute Trail Outpost!

Old 04-20-2021, 10:22 PM

Installed some LED interior lights today, and what a difference! Extremely happy with the results. I moved the passenger side light from its original position which is top left under the glove box to a more central position, tied it down and it provides way more coverage. On the driver's side I used the same mounting hole but placed the light beneath the hole which also gives it a wider coverage. Not hard at all to do.

Passenger

LED puddle light.

Driver’s side.

The following users liked this post:
datriani (04-21-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 08:12 AM

GeorgeIII, Can I get a link to that leaper puddle light please? The ones I find on ebay and amazon say they won't fit the F type.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:06 AM

SonofGaladriel,

The puddle lights came from Amazon...
Amazon Amazon

Hope this helps

George

Old 04-21-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII
Installed some LED interior lights today, and what a difference! Extremely happy with the results. I moved the passenger side light from its original position which is top left under the glove box to a more central position, tied it down and it provides way more coverage. On the driver's side I used the same mounting hole but placed the light beneath the hole which also gives it a wider coverage. Not hard at all to do.

Passenger

LED puddle light.

Driver’s side.
Looks good. You gotta really contort yourself to get up underneath there.

Old 04-21-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by datriani
Looks good. You gotta really contort yourself to get up underneath there.
You betcha ya... However, as I figured out, you do not have to completely remove the light assembly from the receptacle to change the bulb. You can just give the light a decent pull and it will come out. On the passenger side I did have to remove it as I wanted to get a better light distribution in the footwell so I had to wrestle the assembly out and then attach it in a more central position.

I may do the same on the driver’s side once my spine returns to normal. But for now, the driver’s side is just fine for me.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:12 PM

SonofGaladriel,

The puddle lights came from Amazon...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps

George
Thank you very much! Very helpful. I'm ordering today.

bcbruno (04-21-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SonofGaladriel
Thank you very much! Very helpful. I'm ordering today.
I ordered a set from Raymax https://www.raymaxgear.com/products/...82c941e0&_ss=r

It took about 6 weeks to arrive but looks pretty cool. I also ordered a set of cup holder coasters but they are slightly smaller than the actual spot which is kind of disappointing so I order a new OEM cup holder and going to replace the entire thing.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:04 PM

The one I got from Amazon arrived in four days.... The fact that it came with small pigtails extensions was helpful as that allows you to change direction of the puddle lights as you want.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
I had quite a list....And went through most pretty quickly Slippery slope and I have probably missed some...Track it for fun...

DC

My god man, how much did all that cost you? Can you post some pics?

Old 04-22-2021, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Atheos
My god man, how much did all that cost you? Can you post some pics?
Total was little over $15,500 USD. I did all of the work myself. Some pics are below as requested of some of the upgrades, and the current look in the top 3 pics.. Obviously cannot show ECU / TCU Tunes, Oil/tranny/differential/plugs change etc...
DC

Aluminum Pedals

Battery Reboot Switch

Yellow Wolf Lower Intake

Mina Gallery Upper Intake

Methanol/Water Injection Nozzles

Mirror Blinker Tint

Oil Catch Can

Project 7 Grille

Sprint Booster

200 Cell Cats VAP

Old 04-23-2021, 10:03 AM

Disabling auto stop/start is super simple. Here’s a short video on it.

https://youtu.be/r9iwKjCzAI0

Wait isn't the A button with the circle around it on the shifter panel the disable button?

What are the pros and cons of disabling?

Old 04-23-2021, 10:05 AM

Disabling auto stop/start is super simple. Here’s a short video on it.

https://youtu.be/r9iwKjCzAI0

So this is just so you don't have to press the button every time you turn the car on?

What are the pros and cons of disabling auto start stop

Old 04-23-2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Total was little over $15,500 USD. I did all of the work myself. Some pics are below as requested of some of the upgrades, and the current look in the top 3 pics.. Obviously cannot show ECU / TCU Tunes, Oil/tranny/differential/plugs change etc...
DC

Aluminum Pedals

Battery Reboot Switch

Yellow Wolf Lower Intake

Mina Gallery Upper Intake

Methanol/Water Injection Nozzles

Mirror Blinker Tint

Oil Catch Can

Project 7 Grille

Sprint Booster

200 Cell Cats VAP

Thanks for posting! I may steal some of these. I have some questions.

Firstly, will this void any warranties? CPO?

1 - What was the need for the battery reboot switch?
2 - What's the spring booster do? Was it easy to install?
3 - Why did you install the 200 cell cats vap? and was that easy to install?

Already ordered the puddle lamps!

Thanks!

bcbruno (04-26-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Atheos
Thanks for posting! I may steal some of these. I have some questions.

Firstly, will this void any warranties? CPO? Yes!! Very likely. At least all of the drivetrain/engine portions. They cannot void any other defects because of this...But anything related to the engine/driveline will have a good/great chance of being denied.

1 - What was the need for the battery reboot switch? Whenever the car won't go to sleep (wrong OBDII connected, or various other reasons), it is just easier to reset, that disconnecting and reconnecting the negative terminal IMO. I would not say "needed"...Just easier.
2 - What's the spring booster do? Was it easy to install? It is a Sprint Booster...not spring. IT is an accelerator pedal potentiometer remapper which enhances the gas pedal response). Now, this topic is similar to grabbing some of these forum members by the nuts and squeezing really hard as they get their panties in a wad over whether or not it does anything. It works for me and I like it, and not interested in any other opinions right or wrong...So Google Sprint Booster, or Pedal Commander and decide for yourself. It it is relatively easy to install. Mine was a little more involved as I hid it and had to remove panels and tuck the wiring, but still fairly easy.
3 - Why did you install the 200 cell cats vap? and was that easy to install? Honestly, just because they are available They are very loud, and I love the sound. Also you get more exhaust flow through with the reduced Cat restriction over the OEMs (200 CP inch vs ~600 CP inch). With all of the other mods, and specifically the ECU tune, some have had issues it toasting/melting the OEM Cats..so I just pre-emptively changed them.

Question on your other post: There are no real disadvantages to disabling Star/Stop (Hypothetically better overall gas mileage, but a big pro to outweigh it is it won't kill your starter motor as fast)

Already ordered the puddle lamps!

Thanks!
See answers in red.

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 04-23-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: What's on your laundry list?