Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's on your laundry list?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 11:44 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Battery reboot is for when a smog tester uses the OBD port and doesn't disconnect properly, leaving a module draining the battery. Not necessary in all territories ...

Old 04-23-2021, 12:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
See answers in red.

DC
Will my 2018 F type R US have that issue with the OBDII?

Also with that CAT, will it make my 2018 F Type R sound that much better? Does it still quiet down if I hit the exhaust muffler button?

Old 04-23-2021, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Atheos
Will my 2018 F type R US have that issue with the OBDII? Yes. Not every one does it, but many do. JLR, SDD or other approved applications do not do it.

Also with that CAT, will it make my 2018 F Type R sound that much better? Does it still quiet down if I hit the exhaust muffler button? I said "very loud", not better. Better is very subjective. I would say for most, it may sound too loud, but you would need to judge for yourself. It does still get very quiet in Grandma mode...up until 4000 RPM's, then the valves open back up even in quiet mode (so it is only NOT loud in Grandma mode, and under 4000 RPMs).
See Red

Old 04-24-2021, 06:27 PM
Received 245 Likes on 129 Posts

I am back with a new mod. New that is, for me. This time, it’s pedals. I went the route of EBay pedals, AliExpress pedals, etc, all for naught as they are junk. I then decided to get the proper Jaguar pedals. A bit pricey but what is on the car is simply not to the standard I wanted.

The correct part number for the F-Type pedals, Auto Trans, is C2P23554. These are slip on type pedals similar to the stock pedals. However, I got pedals for the XK series, part number C2P17200. The XK pedals are exactly the same size as the F-Type but very importantly they come with mounting bolts. Two holes are already drilled in the brake pedal of the FT and the pedal fits perfectly. The FT accelerator pedal which is made of plastic requires that you drill a hole which is easy to do. Just slip the new pedal on top of the plastic pedal, it lines up with an indentation, then drill a hole and mount the pedal. I feel this is a much more sturdy option than the slip on.

Of course, my car is now way more faster not to mention better looking......

New Brake Pedal

Brake pedal mounting bolts.

Pedals mounted, Jaguar inscription is on gas pedal. Sorry that this photo doesn’t clearly show that.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:05 AM
Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts

Total was little over $15,500 USD. I did all of the work myself. Some pics are below as requested of some of the upgrades, and the current look in the top 3 pics.. Obviously cannot show ECU / TCU Tunes, Oil/tranny/differential/plugs change etc...
DC

Aluminum Pedals

Battery Reboot Switch

Yellow Wolf Lower Intake

Mina Gallery Upper Intake

Methanol/Water Injection Nozzles

Mirror Blinker Tint

Oil Catch Can

Project 7 Grille

Sprint Booster

200 Cell Cats VAP
where did you buy your pedal? and do you have a link to the catch can install

Old 04-25-2021, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 2004XJ8
where did you buy your pedal? and do you have a link to the catch can install
Pedals are from an eBay seller. They have some similar on eBay but do not see these exact ones any longer. Other Jag model pedals will fit in most cases as well(not all though).

I have an entire link to DIY's Here - Post #41 has Oil Catch Can

Old 04-25-2021, 11:22 AM

Pedals are from an eBay seller. They have some similar on eBay but do not see these exact ones any longer. Other Jag model pedals will fit in most cases as well(not all though).

I have an entire link to DIY's Here - Post #41 has Oil Catch Can
Are you happy with the pedals you got how was the fit?
Would you recommend the oil catch system as a needed up grade?

Thanks For your help

Old 04-25-2021, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 2004XJ8
Are you happy with the pedals you got how was the fit?
Would you recommend the oil catch system as a needed up grade?

Thanks For your help
I am very happy with the pedals and the fit. The OEMs were very boring IMO, and had no Dead Pedal...This just adds a little flash to them...But certainly not needed.

On the Catch Can...I truly would not say it is "a needed upgrade", but I feel it is a good, simple, cheap one for a few reasons...
  1. Easy and fun upgrade...Gives you something to do to your car and does not cost much.
  2. A good way to see how much oil blow-by is going into your engine/intake.
  3. Catches oil that would otherwise exacerbate the gumming/gunking up of the valves etc., that these GDI engines are prone to. ( May save or delay the need for Walnut Blasting)
But again...certainly not needed.

DC

Old 04-26-2021, 09:38 AM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

I am very happy with the pedals and the fit. The OEMs were very boring IMO, and had no Dead Pedal...This just adds a little flash to them...But certainly not needed.

On the Catch Can...I truly would not say it is "a needed upgrade", but I feel it is a good, simple, cheap one for a few reasons...
  1. Easy and fun upgrade...Gives you something to do to your car and does not cost much.
  3. Catches oil that would otherwise exacerbate the gumming/gunking up of the valves etc., that these GDI engines are prone to. ( May save or delay the need for Walnut Blasting)

DC
Hey DC, curious as to how much oil your seeing in the catch can ?
MM

Old 04-26-2021, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by madmax1911
Hey DC, curious as to how much oil your seeing in the catch can ?
MM
Actually, happy to report...NOT MUCH. Check HERE...Post #11 I put some info and a picture of it after 350 miles. But all that it is catching is that much less to gunk up the valves!

DC

Old 04-26-2021, 05:34 PM

DC
Thank you if you can come up with the dealer you got your pedals from please pm me as I really like the ones you have.
I will probably do the catch can.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:07 AM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Actually, happy to report...NOT MUCH. Check HERE...Post #11 I put some info and a picture of it after 350 miles. But all that it is catching is that much less to gunk up the valves!

DC
Thanks DC, that seems like a reasonable base line, now you can track your system and see if there are any changes due to driving conditions (more in the summer or the affects of a track day for instance). Also may be an early warning if something is starting to go wrong.
Will be adding this to my mod list.
MM

Old 04-27-2021, 12:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had quite a list....And went through most pretty quickly Slippery slope and I have probably missed some...Track it for fun...

DC
Hey @Therock88 Where did you get the Rear Diffuser? Can I install it on my '18 R with the spoiler thing that goes up and down? Did you install it yourself?

Old 04-27-2021, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Atheos
Hey @Therock88 Where did you get the Rear Diffuser? Can I install it on my '18 R with the spoiler thing that goes up and down? Did you install it yourself?
There is a whole thread HERE.

And also it is included in my DIY Thread HERE.

And yes, it will fit. And yes, I did it myself (see DIY link above).

DC

The following users liked this post:
bcbruno (04-29-2021)