Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
It's sounds like the two of you are violently agreeing. Me too.
I couldn't tell if we were agreeing

Old 09-18-2018, 04:25 PM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

If it was that simple everyone could do it. Maybe you arent aware that many think that "its in the green its good" that mentality will get you a car that drifts, wears tires and doesnt handle as good as it should. An alignment machine is nothing more than a tool just like a scalpel in the hands of a surgeon. When all you work on is the same car you begin to learn what works and what doesn't. I think discounting a dealership is very short sited based on cost or mistakes that can happen not only there but anywhere. People that dont care about the work they put out are everywhere. I recommend to anyone that ask, go to someone that works on your car everyday and knows the issues, what is wrong with the right tools, diagnostic equipment and can take it apart without breaking it cause oops didnt know there was another bolt there. Its your money though so your call

Old 09-18-2018, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Brutal
If it was that simple everyone could do it. Maybe you arent aware that many think that "its in the green its good" that mentality will get you a car that drifts, wears tires and doesnt handle as good as it should. An alignment machine is nothing more than a tool just like a scalpel in the hands of a surgeon. When all you work on is the same car you begin to learn what works and what doesn't. I think discounting a dealership is very short sited based on cost or mistakes that can happen not only there but anywhere. People that dont care about the work they put out are everywhere. I recommend to anyone that ask, go to someone that works on your car everyday and knows the issues, what is wrong with the right tools, diagnostic equipment and can take it apart without breaking it cause oops didnt know there was another bolt there. Its your money though so your call
I do actually think we're saying the same thing with one minor difference. I'm arguing that everyone can do it properly, while a lot won't and therefore, go to a shop that only does alignments, or perhaps tire mounting and alignments. They generally know the relationship between camber, caster, pulling etc.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jaggyx:
Brutal (09-19-2018), Panthro (01-14-2019)
Old 09-18-2018, 06:36 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
I do actually think we're saying the same thing with one minor difference. I'm arguing that everyone can do it properly, while a lot won't and therefore, go to a shop that only does alignments, or perhaps tire mounting and alignments. They generally know the relationship between camber, caster, pulling etc.
I entirely support that statement. Take your car to a proper alignment shop that actually gives a damn about their work and do it correctly. My shop of choice is West End Alignment in Gardena, best shop run by a father and son team that are actual car enthusiasts. They go above and beyond other alignment shops to dial in the car to what YOU want/need, you sit in the car during the process for them to take into account proper weight and other variables to get you the perfect alignment. Oh, they don't use lasers or anything like that, just tools and string and after they're finished they'll stand around with you and chat about your car for 15 minutes (time permitting), real car guys! To anyone on the forums from So-Cal, this is the spot you should go to, I gladly drive the 30 miles one way (which can take over an hour depending on the time of day in LA) from Burbank to Gardena for my alignment.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by NoScurdyJags
I entirely support that statement. Take your car to a proper alignment shop that actually gives a damn about their work and do it correctly. My shop of choice is West End Alignment in Gardena, best shop run by a father and son team that are actual car enthusiasts. They go above and beyond other alignment shops to dial in the car to what YOU want/need, you sit in the car during the process for them to take into account proper weight and other variables to get you the perfect alignment. Oh, they don't use lasers or anything like that, just tools and string and after they're finished they'll stand around with you and chat about your car for 15 minutes (time permitting), real car guys! To anyone on the forums from So-Cal, this is the spot you should go to, I gladly drive the 30 miles one way (which can take over an hour depending on the time of day in LA) from Burbank to Gardena for my alignment.
You get it. Thank you.

And for anyone in the Bay Area, go to Fremont Alignment. I've gone to Michael many times after coilover adjustments and he's the man. He only does one thing -- alignments. He's careful with your car, extremely punctual, and a genuinely great guy. Being in the Bay Area, you'd think he'd charge an arm and a leg. Guess what - $89 for a full custom alignment. Camber, caster, toe. Called a few big name brands here in Austin, and apparently an F-Type is some sort of exotic car... Firestone quoted me $169... and a few other performance shops quote in the low $200's because Jaguar...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fremont-alignment-fremont

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 01:22 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks for the rec! And they have an FTR as their first photo

Old 09-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Misujerr
Thanks for the rec! And they have an FTR as their first photo
You got it. Tell him Daniel with the white C63 sent you. Although I now have a Jag.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:16 PM

Thanks! Uh-oh, why the frowny face? Missing the Benz? I had an OG C43, 231K on it when I let it go. I have a Volt as a DD now

Old 09-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaggyx

Called a few big name brands here in Austin, and apparently an F-Type is some sort of exotic car... Firestone quoted me $169... and a few other performance shops quote in the low $200's because Jaguar...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fremont-alignment-fremont
Daniel we are $169 and you can get coupons online for less. So if you are ever in SW Houston come by and say hi. I don't bite.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Misujerr
Thanks! Uh-oh, why the frowny face? Missing the Benz? I had an OG C43, 231K on it when I let it go. I have a Volt as a DD now
Because I'm both an AMG and Jaguar fanboy lol. W202 C43's are perrrdy. Love that body style.

Originally Posted by Brutal
Daniel we are $169 and you can get coupons online for less. So if you are ever in SW Houston come by and say hi. I don't bite.
Well that pricing makes the dealership MUCH more appealing in that case. I'll see what Jaguar of Austin charges out of curiosity. The issue I'm having with them is that they're backed up with work for 6 weeks. My front bumper is misaligned (TSB), speakers are rattling like crazy, rear window trim is starting to separate from the body on both sides, but they can't see me until Mid-October. Mind you, I've had this appointment for weeks already. It's crazy!

Maybe a trip over to your dealership in Houston might make sense.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:12 AM

Cool, thanks! I loved how stealth mine was but must admit that 202s are looking a bit dated at this point... I love the body style of your! (Totally lost track of designations at this point...)