F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do I go to check the status of my build

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Where do I go to check the status of my build

I know Chevrolet has a site that I can check the status of the build process. Does Jaguar also have a site that I can go to and check to see where I'm at in the build. Usually you type in your sales number and you can find out. Cecil.......

Old 02-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 643 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by qictrk
I know Chevrolet has a site that I can check the status of the build process. Does Jaguar also have a site that I can go to and check to see where I'm at in the build. Usually you type in your sales number and you can find out. Cecil.......
Nope, jaguar doesn't do this. However your dealer can tell you the week it will be in production and give you decent status updates. You can track the boat ride over, but not much else.

The following users liked this post:
qictrk (02-26-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 01:33 PM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I work for a Jaguar dealer in Los Angeles. The dealer who ordered your car can see very specific status updates for cars on order. Everything from Order Being Built, Order Built, Into Port Of Exit, Shipped, Into Port Of Entry, and In Transit To Dealer. However, there is no public site for tracking orders.

That said, if you have your VIN (dealer car give you VIN once the car is built) you can track the actual vessel on the water using the following steps:

1. Click here and enter the VIN in the Cargo ID search box. Then hit "Track". This will give you specific ETA for leaving/arriving at port. It will also give you the name of the vessel carrying your car.

2. Click here and enter the name of the vessel in the search box on the left side of the screen. Vessels are only tracked within a couple hundred miles of the coast, so it won't work for vessels in the middle of the Atlantic, but you can see it leaving and arriving at port. If you live on the West Coast, it's also kinda fun to watch it pass through the Panama Canal.

Hope that helps!

The following 4 users liked this post by mparsons:
Goldorak (06-11-2015), Joz132 (03-02-2015), qictrk (02-28-2015), Unhingd (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mparsons
I work for a Jaguar dealer in Los Angeles. The dealer who ordered your car can see very specific status updates for cars on order. Everything from Order Being Built, Order Built, Into Port Of Exit, Shipped, Into Port Of Entry, and In Transit To Dealer. However, there is no public site for tracking orders.

That said, if you have your VIN (dealer car give you VIN once the car is built) you can track the actual vessel on the water using the following steps:

1. Click here and enter the VIN in the Cargo ID search box. Then hit "Track". This will give you specific ETA for leaving/arriving at port. It will also give you the name of the vessel carrying your car.

2. Click here and enter the name of the vessel in the search box on the left side of the screen. Vessels are only tracked within a couple hundred miles of the coast, so it won't work for vessels in the middle of the Atlantic, but you can see it leaving and arriving at port. If you live on the West Coast, it's also kinda fun to watch it pass through the Panama Canal.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, that is a great break down. Cecil...........

Old 03-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mparsons

Hope that helps!
I was wondering if you have any 2016's on order in the color Black Berry? I'd be interested in seeing that color in person. Thank you.