F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are My Girl F-Type Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2021 | 04:29 PM

A bit late to the party here but BRG + siena tan is definitely the way to go and I'm very far from old.

The following 2 users liked this post by MajorTom:
Dwight Frye (05-05-2021), giomgio (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021 | 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by MajorTom
A bit late to the party here but BRG + siena tan is definitely the way to go and I'm very far from old.

absolutely beautiful

The following users liked this post:
MajorTom (05-05-2021)
Old 05-06-2021 | 09:46 AM

That's a beautiful car MajorTom. What model year is it ? I find it interesting that the center console appears to be fully leather wrapped including the cupholder lid. Here is a photo of a 2021 model with the full leather upgrade. Notice that the console is ebony plastic except for the armrest which you can partially see.

Old 05-06-2021 | 10:21 AM

Thanks Dwight. It's a late MY18. Yeah, the centre console is one of the great things about the interior and I also noticed that most other cars with the extended leather interior just have a black centre console. Also noticed it when I specced up a MY21 car in the online configurator.

Mine also has the interior black pack but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I guess it's just a model year specific thing. I also get the impression that it was possible to get different carpet colours on older F-Types.

The interior was actually one of the things that made it really tricky to find a good F-Type. I come from two X250 XFs with bright top of the range interiors, am generally speaking allergic to all black interiors and some 95% of the F-Types in continental Europe seem to have black interiors. Each to their own, but I just love the look and feel of this interior. I'm also a bit positively surprised by the materials and solidity of the interior.

Old 05-06-2021 | 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by MajorTom
Thanks Dwight. It's a late MY18. Yeah, the centre console is one of the great things about the interior and I also noticed that most other cars with the extended leather interior just have a black centre console. Also noticed it when I specced up a MY21 car in the online configurator.

Mine also has the interior black pack but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I guess it's just a model year specific thing. I also get the impression that it was possible to get different carpet colours on older F-Types.

The interior was actually one of the things that made it really tricky to find a good F-Type. I come from two X250 XFs with bright top of the range interiors, am generally speaking allergic to all black interiors and some 95% of the F-Types in continental Europe seem to have black interiors. Each to their own, but I just love the look and feel of this interior. I'm also a bit positively surprised by the materials and solidity of the interior.
I echo Major Tom - I was so tired of black interiors on all cars; I took over 9 months to find a BRG with the "extended leather" package in Sienna - it was one of my top must-haves. I have never regretted it and I'm glad I held out - I love it. Looks (and feels) superb in person, better than pics. I am also curious on the Jag nomenclature - extended leather on mine is like Major Tom's - upper 2/3 of the doors, seats, most of the upper dash, and the entire center console, including the sides. When I look at listings info and pics across the MYs and trim levels, I see a confusing mix of terms and "packages". Does anyone know rock--solid-for-sure how the "extra leather" trims were really produced - MYs and trim levels and names used?

Old 05-06-2021 | 04:09 PM

Forgot to mention though - although the whole centre console is Sienna tan coloured only the cubby cover is leather. The rest of the centre console trim is plastic although it's some very nice plastic.

Old 05-07-2021 | 08:36 AM

Jaguar does some strange things with the interiors sometimes. For example the headrests on the R models are supposed to have the R logo, but I have seen some that have the embossed leaper.
I suppose that when they are trying to get new cars out of the factory door, they may not wait for the exact parts if there are any production delays.

Old 05-07-2021 | 09:33 AM

It's like the "old" days of british motor industry. I had five OBCs.. a 74 Spitfire, a 74 Midget, a 62 MGA, 67 TR4A and 74 Tr-6, as well as a 69 Series 2 E-type that I still have. The license plate light as well as side marker were shared between those cars, and the rear/backup light lenses on the Midget are the same as what is on the E. My E has a clock that runs off the car battery, though production info says it should have been a mercury cell. Part of its interior trim was cinnamon and some from the "biscuit" line. I think that whatever was judged suitable and fit from the parts bin went in when being built. It also explains other oddities of items that are in one F and not in another, seemingly identical F.

Old 05-07-2021 | 11:06 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow
It also explains other oddities of items that are in one F and not in another, seemingly identical F.
While that may have been true of your early British cars, I doubt there is a "parts bin" to pick random items from in these days of just-in-time stock deliveries.

Old 05-07-2021 | 12:16 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

The semiconductor shortage may change that. Think I read that GM had put dial speedometers rather than digital in some cars due to parts availability.

Valerie Stabenow (05-07-2021)
Old 05-07-2021 | 09:07 PM

I have a 2021 R in BRG with tan interior, black exterior and interior package (not old, haven't hit 40 yet!). To quote the salesman when I picked it up, "This is the most beautiful car we've sold here". Probably a lie, but still made me feel good.

I wanted BRG on my 2017 but couldn't find it. This one I ordered and waited patiently to get exactly what I wanted.

Last edited by ilovemycars; 05-07-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2021 | 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Clutch
I echo Major Tom - I was so tired of black interiors on all cars; I took over 9 months to find a BRG with the "extended leather" package in Sienna - it was one of my top must-haves. I have never regretted it and I'm glad I held out - I love it. Looks (and feels) superb in person, better than pics. I am also curious on the Jag nomenclature - extended leather on mine is like Major Tom's - upper 2/3 of the doors, seats, most of the upper dash, and the entire center console, including the sides. When I look at listings info and pics across the MYs and trim levels, I see a confusing mix of terms and "packages". Does anyone know rock--solid-for-sure how the "extra leather" trims were really produced - MYs and trim levels and names used?
Though my F Type is Firesand with black interior, the wife's F Pace is BRG and the tan interior was a must. Took a while to find, but so glad we held out for it. Not quite as much tan accents as your F Type, but love the contrast.

Portlander (05-08-2021)
Old 05-08-2021 | 03:16 AM

That is very very nice too. Didn't know you could get such seats in an F-Pace. They look very similar to the new F-Type performance seats. Wonder if it's the same magnesium based extra light/thin construction as in the F-Type.

Old 05-08-2021 | 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by ilovemycars
I have a 2021 R in BRG with tan interior, black exterior and interior package (not old, haven't hit 40 yet!). To quote the salesman when I picked it up, "This is the most beautiful car we've sold here". Probably a lie, but still made me feel good.

I wanted BRG on my 2017 but couldn't find it. This one I ordered and waited patiently to get exactly what I wanted.
Probably how I would have specced a new F-Type too. Must look very similar to mine then, except the new front, tail pipes and wheels depending on which ones you chose.

Old 05-08-2021 | 07:36 AM

That really looks great!