F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has ordered the 6 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I've just heard that my ETA is August 7. It will be the first manual transmission car for them, and so far, only one. They're had no other orders or requests. I wasn't expecting a flood of orders, but it makes me wonder if they'll continue producing them after 2016.
I had similar concerns, so I was compelled to order early and jump on the opportunity to own this car.

I do think that once a few production units are in the wild, there will be a cult following for this specific flavor.

Orkney

Old 06-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney
I had similar concerns, so I was compelled to order early and jump on the opportunity to own this car.
I too am thinking the offering will be short lived. It doesn't bother me as long as they offer an MT next in the G-Type. I won't need a new car until then.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Was in for my first annual service on Friday with nothing needing attention except for the seat belt harness recall, and they found mine was already wired correctly at the factory. My dealer said they had ordered a manual for September delivery, and that they would be willing to let me change the specs to whatever I wanted until the lock-in date of June 30.

I was surprised that they would use one of their allocations that way, but I know the GM there is also a manual transmission enthusiast. I'm tempted in one way, but also not wanting to tempt fate since I was fortunate to get a trouble-free car with zero defects so far, including a nice sounding audio system.

If I did spec this car, I'd order everything else exactly the same as what I have now, base car, same color, and no options other than the light grey top.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Was in for my first annual service on Friday with nothing needing attention except for the seat belt harness recall, and they found mine was already wired correctly at the factory. My dealer said they had ordered a manual for September delivery, and that they would be willing to let me change the specs to whatever I wanted until the lock-in date of June 30.

I was surprised that they would use one of their allocations that way, but I know the GM there is also a manual transmission enthusiast. I'm tempted in one way, but also not wanting to tempt fate since I was fortunate to get a trouble-free car with zero defects so far, including a nice sounding audio system.

If I did spec this car, I'd order everything else exactly the same as what I have now, base car, same color, and no options other than the light grey top.
You know you want to.....

Old 06-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
You know you want to.....
LOL . . . Yes, I'm experiencing a bit of angst over it. But, 16's now come standard with that "horrible" 770w Meridian system , and my 380w, formerly base, system is great.

It's hard to let a car go after just a little over a year that has performed so flawlessly, and I really do have fun with the paddles in the very best automatic ever created. However, I know I'd really love to row gears manually in the F-Type.

I'm leaning towards waiting and hope they keep building it. If they don't, I'm sure I could pick up a low-mileage pre-owned car at some point down the road.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I went for the S because I wanted the brake upgrade, not offered on the base model. I also wanted the adjustable dynamics (or whatever they're calling it). Also, it had to be a coupe. My current car has headlights that track with steering, and I really like that, so yet another check box to select. I added that on a whim when I spec'd my current car, but the first drive at night on a twisty road sold me.

I ordered the Storm Grey without ever having seen it in person, and also different wheels to set it apart just a little more.

Sound system? My hearing is so damaged that there's no way I'd pay for aan upgrade. We'll see how the "premium" system is once I get it. Mostly I play from a USB stick or listen to news.

Somewhere I have the printed specs; just can't seem to get my paws on them right now.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Well, it depends. A VIN just means a frame on the line is stamped and matched to your order. Car has to be built, pass QC, loaded on the train to Southampton and make it on to a ship. June 21 is cutting it close. Bug your dealer/sales manager for more clarity on the order.
Oh crap -- I think you and Lhoboy might be right about me jumping too fast on the timing. I was left with the impression from the dealership that the VIN gets released at the end of the build & QC process. Since my VIN isn't showing up on the WW site yet, I too could be a week behind the Torino.

Alas, another week of waiting ....

Old 06-22-2015, 12:42 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bb_sam
At least 9 others on this forum are feeling your pain.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Oh crap -- I think you and Lhoboy might be right about me jumping too fast on the timing. I was left with the impression from the dealership that the VIN gets released at the end of the build & QC process. Since my VIN isn't showing up on the WW site yet, I too could be a week behind the Torino.

Hey bb_sam, what your VIN, I'm a week behind you at 8138.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by NavMD
Hey bb_sam, what your VIN, I'm a week behind you at 8138.
Mine is 8089. Looks like we could be travelling on the same boat after all.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

My delivery got moved up a week to 7/10! It's time to get the PSSs mounted on the Gyrodynes.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks like mine is on the way!

Does anyone know how long the car stays at the port? Considering the it lands at a local port 50 miles away from my dealer and my estimated delivery date is 7/31 and it lands at the port 7/10

Last edited by TwiztOG43; 06-22-2015 at 11:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Orkney (06-23-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member

TwiztOG43, check with your dealer when you can no longer track the ship out of Southampton in a couple days. I'll bet they'll move your delivery to a week earlier, as they did with mine.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:38 AM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Ok, fun fact - your ship left (correction) 20 minutes before mine. Congrats on getting your car out to sea! It seems your ship is headed for Cuba first.

Orkney

Originally Posted by TwiztOG43
Looks like mine is on the way!

Does anyone know how long the car stays at the port? Considering the it lands at a local port 50 miles away from my dealer and my estimated delivery date is 7/31 and it lands at the port 7/10

Last edited by Orkney; 06-23-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:14 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
TwiztOG43, check with your dealer when you can no longer track the ship out of Southampton in a couple days. I'll bet they'll move your delivery to a week earlier, as they did with mine.
Yup you were right!

My dealer spoke with me earlier and my delivery date moved up to 7/24/15

Old 06-24-2015, 10:15 AM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Just joined the forum today. I ordered my 6 speed manual base coupe in IRR with jet interior, premium pack and 19" black and diamond turned wheels back at the end of April. Eta at dealer moved up to July 24 from 31st. Reading everyones' posts has added to the excitement. Just emailed dealer for vin. Glad I backed away from buying a 09 AM V8V auto with 40k on it. Was about to pull the trigger when the f type 2016 manual was announced with the upgraded standard features. Made the decision a no brainer for me.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by 99Gsp
Just joined the forum today. I ordered my 6 speed manual base coupe in IRR with jet interior, premium pack and 19" black and diamond turned wheels back at the end of April. Eta at dealer moved up to July 24 from 31st.
Welcome! Now you can add your own anxiety/waiting to this forum. I was actually considering the Lexus RC F before I heard that the F-Type was coming out with a manual transmission --then it was a no brainer for me too to cancel the RCF. No regrets -- other than the fact that I also got the base and am thinking maybe I should have ordered the S. At this point, I just want the car to arrive... so, I'll take whatever comes.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Gsp
Just joined the forum today. I ordered my 6 speed manual base coupe in IRR with jet interior, premium pack and 19" black and diamond turned wheels back at the end of April. Eta at dealer moved up to July 24 from 31st. Reading everyones' posts has added to the excitement. Just emailed dealer for vin. Glad I backed away from buying a 09 AM V8V auto with 40k on it. Was about to pull the trigger when the f type 2016 manual was announced with the upgraded standard features. Made the decision a no brainer for me.
Congrats, 99Gsp, awesome build.
Without the VIN you've probably missed out on the OCD-like tracking that we're all doing on the W&W website. Your car should almost be at port by now.

Don't forget to post your thoughts when you take delivery.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Like you I also thought about the S. In my mind I couldn't justify the price difference based on my driving needs and wants. Always up for higher performance but finding has a limit. I bet in the future the S will become the base. Really looking forward to getting it.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:29 AM

Thanks. After reading all the posts contacted dealer and got my vin today... 8070. Trying to figure out how to track.

Quick Reply: Who has ordered the 6 speed?