F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has ordered the 6 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Ok, watching a ship cross the ocean (the Tosca) is officially worse than watching paint dry....

Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Wow...out of trim on June 16 and two weeks in final inspection. That has me a bit concerned. Hope there wasn't an issue. Today it arrived at Liverpool for a July 13 departure with a July 23 arrival in Baltimore. No way it makes the July 24 delivery date at the dealer. Bummer but on the bright side it makes the anticipation all the more sweeter as the time marches on. I submitted my order April 3 so it looks like a 4 month process given 6 speed manuals were not in production.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:58 AM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

A couple of days late, but hopefully intact. I am guessing the June 24th delivery date may be delayed as well for myself.

Orkney

Originally Posted by Ritz
I just pulled up Martime Traffic and saw that Torino has arrived in Halifax

Old 07-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney
I am guessing the June 24th delivery date may be delayed as well for myself.
Unless it's being delivered by time machine, you're probably right. Last I heard, mine was still scheduled for August 7.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Unless it's being delivered by time machine, you're probably right. Last I heard, mine was still scheduled for August 7.
I think Amazon Prime has those, but I don't think any vehicle manufacturer has one yet.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

My dealer has confirmed that my car is on an auto transport somewhere along the 33 mile route from the Dundalk Marine Terminal to his location in Clarksville.I might get the cat on or before the July 9 scheduled date.

I picked up the mounted PSSs on 20" black/diamond cut today and will deliver to the dealer on Saturday. Interestingly, the dealer is closed tomorrow and open on the 4th.

The XPel and cQuartz installers are on-call and will schedule in within a day or two. Hopefully no dings (or other shortcomings) discovered requiring dealer attention when I pick her up.

I'm certain no one else really cares about this, but thank you to everyone for indulging my enthusiasm after waiting 7 1/2 months.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
My dealer has confirmed that my car is on an auto transport somewhere along the 33 mile route from the Dundalk Marine Terminal to his location in Clarksville.I might get the cat on or before the July 9 scheduled date.

I picked up the mounted PSSs on 20" black/diamond cut today and will deliver to the dealer on Saturday. Interestingly, the dealer is closed tomorrow and open on the 4th.

The XPel and cQuartz installers are on-call and will schedule in within a day or two. Hopefully no dings (or other shortcomings) discovered requiring dealer attention when I pick her up.

I'm certain no one else really cares about this, but thank you to everyone for indulging my enthusiasm after waiting 7 1/2 months.

Congrats!!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

Outstanding!

Too bad they are closed tomorrow because the transport company would likely deliver tomorrow and be off on the 4th. Perhaps it will get there tonight!

Old 07-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Outstanding!

Too bad they are closed tomorrow because the transport company would likely deliver tomorrow and be off on the 4th. Perhaps it will get there tonight!
No matter really. I'm not going to drive it until until I get the paint protected. On the other hand, there's no reason it should take more than 40 minutes for that drive unless they are dropping cars off along the way throughout Baltimore and Howard County.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member

No matter really. I'm not going to drive it until until I get the paint protected.
Wow, that would be the bottom of my priority list at this time of year. The roads are clean, particularly with all the rain we've had, and all the winter grit and gravel is gone. This is the time of year, where the probability of impact damage is extremely low.

I drove mine from June until October before having the front wrapped and didn't pick up a single chip.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Au contraire, I'm sure many of us are waiting with baited breath in anticip....!

Old 07-03-2015, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Wow, that would be the bottom of my priority list at this time of year. The roads are clean, particularly with all the rain we've had, and all the winter grit and gravel is gone. This is the time of year, where the probability of impact damage is extremely low.

I drove mine from June until October before having the front wrapped and didn't pick up a single chip.
I have a 50 yard long gravel driveway and the PSS rubber is picking up rock just rolling the wheels down the driveway. I guess I could pop rivet some truck flaps behind the wheels. The chrome naked silhouette should add some class.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member

I have a 50 yard long gravel driveway and the PSS rubber is picking up rock just rolling the wheels down the driveway. I guess I could pop rivet some truck flaps behind the wheels. The chrome naked silhouette should add some class.
Ha, my gravel driveway is more like 400 yards. As long as you're not drag racing in your driveway, you're not going to chip anything.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

How many on this forum have had clear bra installed on a vehicle? I'm thinking about it weighing cost benefit.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 99Gsp
How many on this forum have had clear bra installed on a vehicle? I'm thinking about it weighing cost benefit.

Too many to count have wrapped to varying degrees. It ranges from just wrapping the nose, which is the most vulnerable area, to covering the entire car. Costs range from around $1K to over $5K.

It probably doesn't work from a mathematical cost-benefit standpoint, because the chips can usually be repaired much cheaper than film installation. Plus, the film has a limited lifetime, and if the film takes a big hit, it's going to be unsightly as well. However, very picky people like most are around here, are convinced it's worth it to them.

I just wrapped the nose, and in more than a year as a daily driver, I've only had a couple of small chips slightly larger than the tip of a ball-point pin on the lower rocker panel near the rear wheel. I was able to touch those up myself and they're effectively invisible.

Last edited by Foosh; 07-03-2015 at 08:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
99Gsp (07-03-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NavMD
Agreed

When I ordered in April, I was told that the dealer had three slots available for a June build. When I actually put the order in, the slots were pushed back to a July build.
But with the accelerated schedule for the 6sp F-types the actual build date ended up being the second week of June.

The bottom line is stay in touch with the dealer and get updated build sheets.
Good luck.
Thanks for all the data points. It sounds like my mistake was not shopping dealers for their slots, or at least getting that exact info from mine. The dealer told me getting the build sheet confirmed "would be a couple of days" and since then I can't get a call or email returned. It sounds like it's possible they have no slots (I'm in Santa Clara county, CA, so... not a buyer's market.)

I wonder if it would be worth it to call other parts of the country's dealers and ask about their slots.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by postcard77
Thanks for all the data points. It sounds like my mistake was not shopping dealers for their slots, or at least getting that exact info from mine. The dealer told me getting the build sheet confirmed "would be a couple of days" and since then I can't get a call or email returned. It sounds like it's possible they have no slots (I'm in Santa Clara county, CA, so... not a buyer's market.)

I wonder if it would be worth it to call other parts of the country's dealers and ask about their slots.
Well worth it. You can cancel either deal without penalty when you find out which car will be slotted first.

postcard77 (07-03-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Well worth it. You can cancel either deal without penalty when you find out which car will be slotted first.
+1

Also you may want to make sure (if you haven't done so already) to ONLY deal with the new car sales manager. That's what I did, and I found he was very honest about timing and the whole issue of dealer "slots".....

postcard77 (07-03-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Talking She's Here!

Rolled off the boat on Monday and onto the dealer's lot on Friday. I arranged to drop off the wheel set today without knowing it had arrived. As soon as I drove onto their lot, I saw it parked at the front door. No mistaking it was mine: BRG, Red calipers, rotors the size of trashcan lids.
Before I could get out of my truck, the GM walked up to my truck with the key and asked if I wanted to pull it into the prep bay. Wow! What a beauty. I am thrilled with my decision to go with the BRG over the IRR. Problem is, it just doesn't photograph well without staged lighting (who gives a flying f...?).

My biggest concern regarding stick location was allayed. In the video below, at time stamp 1:00, the driver is pushing the lever to the rear rather than pulling towards him. In actuality, the shifter is well out in front of me as the seat is much of the way back. No leaning forward for the odd gears, and plenty elbow room to pull back to the even gears. I suspect the driver in the video may be on the short side. The throw is a bit longish though, but short throw kits already exist for this transmission.

Pics and 6-speed review when I officially take delivery mid-next week. Dealer setup, film, cQuartz and wheels first, and maybe the springs as well.

MagnumPI (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Congrats!

Quick Reply: Who has ordered the 6 speed?