Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has ordered the 6 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I didn't get the S for the extra 40HP and don't care that much about 0-60, but did want bigger brakes and a limited slip differential. Even 340HP should have a LSD, at least by my reckoning.

You will need to watch driveways. I've rubbed the sacrificial plastic thingies a few times already, including on a rural road, far from driveways. OK, it was more of a goat path, but still ...

Oh, congratulations! Enjoy the road trip!
Thanks all! Up in Tahoe now and actually dodging the hike with my friends and their kids to drive around to a nice multi course lunch. LOL

Pics coming in another post.....

The bigger breaks. DUH. This didn't calculate into my thinking, so DErrrr. But I am happy with my choice.. still, good thinkin'.

My home driveway is SO steep, and it's clearing fine, so that's lucky. But I have also not really had issue with it yet, such that I think I will forget the first time I do encounter one.

How are speed bumps? I assume it is high enough? I really wanted to come back with some "issues" or negative thoughts, but I don't really have any.

I am still learning, but I find the middle ground between car off and engine on difficult. Sometimes I just need to do the windows, etc. But seriously... zero complaints, and it's typically attributable to human error. =)

Old 08-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jmfan
Did you get sequential or personalized plates? I have personalized on order and it has been a long wait. Ordered in January, got confirmation in June and expect them in September. I wanted a simple 2 or 3 digit number plate. Ended up with 3 digits which was tough to get because every other combination was taken. Anxious to see a picture of your plates.
For my Jeep, I ordered new plates for existing ones, and they came in about two or three weeks. Surreal how fast.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bret_T
Uncle Fishbits, is that a camel interior? How about some more pictures showing the top and interior?
Ask and ye shall receive.....

Man, I hope this isn't too many. In last few posts, I forgot to mention... this is easily one of the best things I've ever done. I am not your protypical gear head, and have been hunting for a new car for 10 years.

The drive up to Tahoe was sublime. I know I mentioned before, but 6'6" and not feeling any discomfort in the 3 hour and 45 min drive. Okay fine, make that 3h15m for some unknown reason. ;^)

This thing is so fun.

Did anyone else do the 3M protective coating or ding protection? On a "normal" car that reminds me of that scene in Fargo, "I DON'T WANT A TRUE COAT!", but for this car, I actually decided to do it. The 3M coating isn't on yet, so I'm glad the Tahoe roads are relatively winter rock free. As for the ding protection, each rim is $1800, and for 5 years, $1800 will cover dings and rims, repair or replace... so I did it. Anyone else?

I am having SO MUCH FUN. Sorry to ramble.... but it's gone from 4 miles to 300 miles in a few days. =)

Again.. sorry if I muck up the thread with too many pics.

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
Foosh (08-14-2015), MagnumPI (08-14-2015)
Old 08-14-2015, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Anyone else mesmerized by the Jaguar emblem in the rear view mirror when the rear spoiler activates at high speeds? I love seeing that cat!!!
For a few minutes I thought I had left the trunk popped. LOL

It is SO glorious, and I wonder if that's truly remarkable design or a happy accident? It's so awesome.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
For a few minutes I thought I had left the trunk popped. LOL

It is SO glorious, and I wonder if that's truly remarkable design or a happy accident? It's so awesome.
Just wait until you are driving in the proper direction with the sun in the precise location which causes you to go BLIND from the sun's reflection off the shiny chrome Jaguar...

Old 08-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Beautiful shots--love that one sitting in front of that beautiful blue lake I remember well.

With regard to your brake comment, I think you'll find the standard brakes more than adequate.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Beautiful shots--love that one sitting in front of that beautiful blue lake I remember well.

With regard to your brake comment, I think you'll find the standard brakes more than adequate.
I was thinking about the brakes. Aren't all the calipers floaters until you go Carbon Ceramic? If I be spending $thousands I'm getting some 911 or Mercedes 6-Pistons with an adapter plate.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Love the colors. Reminds me of the colors in my first BMW a 328is. To answer the question of the road hazard warranty, even though I normally turn those down I did take it when I took delivery given the replace the cost for tires and wheels. Hope I never have to use it. Enjoy your 6 spd.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

First time ever, I got the road hazard/ding insurance (only $1450 here in MD). Within a week of getting the car, already had to get a new tire and repair the wheel (~$550 total). Glad to have the insurance.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits

Skyland. I know just where that is. When I was quite young my parents shared a cabin there with some friends. I've jumped off that dock into the frigid water many times, although decades ago.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by MagnumPI
I was thinking about the brakes. Aren't all the calipers floaters until you go Carbon Ceramic? If I be spending $thousands I'm getting some 911 or Mercedes 6-Pistons with an adapter plate.
Yes, still sliding yoke calipers, although bigger. I've got a thing about brakes, and I *really* wish they'd put some opposed piston calipers on there. Still, they fill up the inside of the 19's, and I really like the feel. It's firm and progressive. I don't like too much initial bite, and that seems all the fashion now.

The following users liked this post:
MagnumPI (08-16-2015)
Old 08-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Another positive review of the manual F-type -- this time from Canada

Car Review: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S Coupe | Driving

Jaguar returns to the stick – and we couldn't be any happier they decided to do it in the sultry F-Type
By David Booth

“Wow, Jaguars aren’t just for senior citizens any more, are they?”

Truer words never spoken, they carry all the more weight coming from a fully-hipstered — scraggly miner’s beard, silly little short-cropped pony tail and a wonderful absence of self-knowledge — thirtysomething, the very archetype of the demographic Jaguar would dearly love to start attracting. Conditioned as they are to having Jags — the limousine-like XJ, the supposedly youthful XF and even the XK sports coupe despite its recent infusions of supercharged horsepower — aimed at who they see as fossils, his surprise is legitimate; Jaguar hasn’t made a serious attempt at tempting the young ‘uns since the E-Type.

It’s also been 20 years since a manually-transmissioned Jaguar prowled our streets (the ‘94 XJS 4.0L; I refuse to countenance the X-Type as a real Jag) so when my plaid-trousered and man-bunned friend spotted the stick-shift in the new F-Type’s centre console, he fairly swooned. “Real” is what I think he said. Now, were this a Lifestyle publication, I could wax philosophical about the absurdity of a generation that literally lives online needing more than a simple manual transmission to make one’s life “real” (Maclean’s recently positing that the real reason for Canada’s precipitous drop in crime is because our youth is so addicted to online gaming that they can’t be bothered to leave their basements). But the truth of the matter is that an authentic sports car really does need a manual transmission.

... see link for rest of article ....

Last edited by bb_sam; 08-16-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Just wondering if any has access to JLR NA sales data re how many 6 spd have ben delivered and/sold in the NA segments?

Old 08-18-2015, 12:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just heard my F-Type- BRG V6S manual, just arrived at Port. Expecting delivery in 5-7 days- super excited!!!!