F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who moved from a porsche to a f type?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

at the moment nothing 911 (i prefer buy f - type) and not 911 for the first time

but in the past i had 996 997 997 gt3

Old 12-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by indietor
at the moment nothing 911 (i prefer buy f - type) and not 911 for the first time

but in the past i had 996 997 997 gt3
AWESOME Did you track any of them

Old 12-06-2017, 01:34 PM

yes many times

but i find cayman the "perfect" car for many reasons , no for sure the engine on the 2.9 "base"

Old 12-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Yes, the Cayman with its mid engine makes a much better track car ENJOY

Old 12-06-2017, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 911Königin
Yes, the Cayman with its mid engine makes a much better track car ENJOY
yes but in the city im honest i prefer the f type more torque sound and power cayman you really need to push hard and at low rpms is zero

Old 12-06-2017, 01:49 PM

I would agree - to truly appreciate the magnificent P cars you need to be on a track. F Types are just a blast to drive anywhere, anytime. But, my next car will be a porsche.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:49 PM

i need to admit

"porsche is porsche"

that's it

no way

The following users liked this post:
911Königin (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Old 12-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Type R over 911 and Cayman all day long.

After three years of searching for a car that would check all my boxes, I can honestly say that I found it. Yes, that car is the Jaguar F Type R!

Since 2014, I have gone through an Audi S4, a BMW M4, a Cayman S, and a 911S and all these cars left me wanting more.

Let me explain with the following 0 to 10 rating scale:

2014 Audi S4:
Performance: 8. It felt more powerful than the advertised 333 HP.
Sound: 8. It had a beautiful backfire sound.
Looks: 6.
Fun to drive: 7.

2016 BMW M4:
Performance: 8. Noticeably more power than the Audi, but somehow less thrilling.
Sound: 3. This car needs an aftermarket exhaust. OEM is atrocious.
Looks: This is the one that received the most compliments with the exception of the F Type.
Fun to drive: 5.

2016 Porsche Cayman S:
Performance: 9.
Sound: 9.
Looks: 7. You need the GTS version if you want to impress.
Fun to drive: 9. This is a car that I miss.

2014 Porsche 911 S:
Sound: 8. I had to install Porsche’s Sport exhaust to make it sound decent.
Looks: 7.
Fun to drive: 8.

Let me mention that I bought the 911S used with 5,500 miles. BIG MISTAKE! Never had a car given me so many headaches and dissatisfactions as this 911. Sure, the four times in eleven months that it was at the dealer for corrective maintenance was covered under warranty, but none of the three dealers I took it to was able to fix the clunky PDK transmission. The car was just not right. It felt as if it had 55,000 miles on it and not 5,500. Highly disappointing.

This brings me to my latest car...

2017 Jaguar F Type R:
Performance: 10. Still breaking it in.
Sound: Heaven, although I expected that it would be louder inside.
Looks: 10. I go out to my driveway in the middle of the night just to look at it!
Fun to drive: My F Type R is my F16 fighter jet! All smiles all the time!!

Conclusion:
1. F Type is King. Cayman is runner up. Audi S4 comes in third place. 911 is fourth. M4 is last...

2. If you have a Cayman, you have the best Porsche has to offer in the price range of $70,000 to $130,000.

3. Never go for a used Porsche unless you test drive it for a couple of days. One test drive around the dealership is not enough.

4. Dollar for dollar, the F Type R is hands down the most satisfying car under $120,000.

PS: There are great Jag deals out there to be had. My 2017 F Type R has an MSRP of $111,000. I purchased it for $84,000 just five days ago.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Type R over 911 and Cayman all day long.

After three years of searching for a car that would check all my boxes, I can honestly say that I found it. Yes, that car is the Jaguar F Type R!

Since 2014, I have gone through an Audi S4, a BMW M4, a Cayman S, and a 911S and all these cars left me wanting more.

2014 Audi S4:

2016 BMW M4:
Performance: 8. Noticeably more power than the Audi, but somehow less thrilling.
Looks: 9. This is the one that received the most compliments with the exception of the F Type.

2016 Porsche Cayman S:

2014 Porsche 911 S:

Let me mention that I bought the 911S used with 5,500 miles. BIG MISTAKE! Never had a car given me so many headaches and dissatisfactions as this 911. Sure, the four times in eleven months that it was at the dealer for corrective maintenance was covered under warranty, but none of the three dealers I took it to was able to fix the clunky PDK transmission. The car was just not right. It felt as if it had 55,000 miles on it and not 5,500. Highly disappointing.

2017 Jaguar F Type R:
Sound: 10. Heaven, although I expected that it would be louder inside.
Looks: 10. I go out to my driveway in the middle of the night just to look at it!
Fun to drive: 10. My F Type R is my F16 fighter jet! All smiles all the time!!

Conclusion:
1. F Type is King. Cayman is runner up. Audi S4 comes in third place. 911 is fourth. M4 is last...

2. If you have a Cayman, you have the best Porsche has to offer in the price range of $70,000 to $130,000.

3. Never buy a used Porsche (or any other car) unless you test drive it for a couple of days. One 10 minute test drive around the dealership is not enough.

4. Dollar for dollar, the F Type R is hands down the most satisfying car under $120,000. It mesmerizes you. It makes you want to leave your wife and move in with it. Porsches are cold blooded performers. The Jag F Type is a casanova, a smooth talker, a romantic character that makes you giggle like a silly child.

PS: There are great Jag deals out there to be had. My 2017 F Type R has an MSRP of $111,000. I purchased it for $84,000 just five days ago.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Porsche
I have driven a couple of Porsches (911S, Cayman GTS) on roadtrips and even test drove them around while shopping for a new car. (I have never owned one).I ended up buying the F Type SVR. For some reason I was never seduced by Porches. When I drove them, it sure was exciting at the beginning and that thing is an amazing precision machine. It feels refined and makes driving so easy and predictable. It does a lot of the heavy lifting for you. PDK is sublime, so much better than the ZF or any other DCT out there. But I got use to it so quickly. The only time I noticed all of these things (after a while) was when I stepped out of the Porsches and drove a different car. It was really amazing how fast I got use to all that sophisticated engineering. But the Porsches never made my senses tingle, it never made me want to go back and back and back again just to take a brief look at the car. Even on the road, it just looks like every other Porsche. It just so out there, it kind of takes out the fun of having something unique. Non car people are not even able to distinguish between the old and the new. Its just another Porsche to them.

Coming to the SVR.
I don't know what to say. I did not like Jaguar as a brand to begin with. They always were a British manufacture trying to sell cars with what the glory they achieved once. Growing up, all I heard was how bad Jaguars are doing. So the F type really came in as a surprise to me. Taking a look at all the glory and reviews and hype, I really wanted to see when all of it fades being its a Jaguar. I really wanted to see where they screwed up somewhere and I looked hard. I could barely find anything. So when I actually went out to buy the Jaguar, I just couldn't believe how beautiful the car is in person. It just blows out everything else on the market in its segment. I just kept staring at it for such a long time. Its just so different from anything out there, it just tingles all your senses. Even the interior on the SVR is pretty darn good. Except for the infotainment system which is absolutely rubbish. I found the seats better than the 911. The driving position also felt so awesome. And then I turned on the engine and the first thing I screamed was OMG. Instant smile on my face. Its just one of the things, that makes me want to get into the car again and again. Videos and stuff really dont do justice, the sound is something you really want to listen to in person. Driving it around also is absolutely amazing. I feel its a very well balanced car and even if the SVR is an AWD, the drivetrain is RWD biased meaning it still can have it rear slip out from time to time. Its almost impossible to get this on the Porsche. Driving the car is such an pleasure, I just keep smiling and laughing every time I drive the car. Does not want me to stop. I feel the steering is remarkable, you can do some great cornering at ridiculous speeds with the car and yet it cruises comfortably on a highway. The cars dual personality is absolutely fabulous. It can be like a luxury GT cruiser if you want it to be or a complete unchained lunatic beast when you want. It has the unpredictable aspect to it, it will let you have fun but you also have to be careful about certain situations. It does grab a ton of attention. So be prepared for the lame "hey, do you want to trade" jokes and stuff. I really am glad I bought the SVR. It has so much presence, appeal, character and craziness to it. Its something that will make you happy, something that will make your stomach feel funny, something that will make your ears bleed (in a good way), Something that will make you want to go back for that one last look and something that will always make you laugh hysterically. Its such an amazing machine. I absolutely do not regret buying it over everything else I was looking at.

Brock (03-14-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didn't move from my 2016 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, i added to my collection with the 2017 Jaguar F-Type R convertible. i do enjoy both very much, although the 911 is superior, the f-type gets more looks believe it or not. both are white with black accents/tops. the jag has the two-tone red/black seats with all the trimmings, along wit the black design packages and carbon fiber rims. amazing cars!

KarimEls (02-20-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by hawaiiexc
i didn't move from my 2016 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, i added to my collection with the 2017 Jaguar F-Type R convertible. i do enjoy both very much, although the 911 is superior, the f-type gets more looks believe it or not. both are white with black accents/tops. the jag has the two-tone red/black seats with all the trimmings, along wit the black design packages and carbon fiber rims. amazing cars!

Originally Posted by Trucho

2014 Audi S4:

2016 BMW M4:
Looks: 9. This is the one that received the most compliments with the exception of the F Type.

2016 Porsche Cayman S:

2014 Porsche 911 S:

2017 Jaguar F Type R:
Sound: 10. Heaven, although I expected that it would be louder inside.
Fun to drive: 10. My F Type R is my F16 fighter jet! All smiles all the time!!

Conclusion:

3. Never buy a used Porsche (or any other car) unless you test drive it for a couple of days. One 10 minute test drive around the dealership is not enough.

4. Dollar for dollar, the F Type R is hands down the most satisfying car under $120,000. It mesmerizes you. It makes you want to leave your wife and move in with it. Porsches are cold blooded performers. The Jag F Type is a casanova, a smooth talker, a romantic character that makes you giggle like a silly child.

Four wheeled mistresses are always allowed, two legged ones require the 'crown jewels' being served on a silver platter.
Originally Posted by death1ord
Porsche
I have driven a couple of Porsches (911S, Cayman GTS) on roadtrips and even test drove them around while shopping for a new car. (I have never owned one).I ended up buying the F Type SVR. For some reason I was never seduced by Porches. When I drove them, it sure was exciting at the beginning and that thing is an amazing precision machine. It feels refined and makes driving so easy and predictable. It does a lot of the heavy lifting for you. PDK is sublime, so much better than the ZF or any other DCT out there. But I got use to it so quickly. The only time I noticed all of these things (after a while) was when I stepped out of the Porsches and drove a different car. It was really amazing how fast I got use to all that sophisticated engineering. But the Porsches never made my senses tingle, it never made me want to go back and back and back again just to take a brief look at the car. Even on the road, it just looks like every other Porsche. It just so out there, it kind of takes out the fun of having something unique. Non car people are not even able to distinguish between the old and the new. Its just another Porsche to them.

Coming to the SVR.
I don't know what to say. I did not like Jaguar as a brand to begin with. They always were a British manufacture trying to sell cars with what the glory they achieved once. Growing up, all I heard was how bad Jaguars are doing. So the F type really came in as a surprise to me. Taking a look at all the glory and reviews and hype, I really wanted to see when all of it fades being its a Jaguar. I really wanted to see where they screwed up somewhere and I looked hard. I could barely find anything. So when I actually went out to buy the Jaguar, I just couldn't believe how beautiful the car is in person. It just blows out everything else on the market in its segment. I just kept staring at it for such a long time. Its just so different from anything out there, it just tingles all your senses. Even the interior on the SVR is pretty darn good. Except for the infotainment system which is absolutely rubbish. I found the seats better than the 911. The driving position also felt so awesome. And then I turned on the engine and the first thing I screamed was OMG. Instant smile on my face. Its just one of the things, that makes me want to get into the car again and again. Videos and stuff really dont do justice, the sound is something you really want to listen to in person. Driving it around also is absolutely amazing. I feel its a very well balanced car and even if the SVR is an AWD, the drivetrain is RWD biased meaning it still can have it rear slip out from time to time. Its almost impossible to get this on the Porsche. Driving the car is such an pleasure, I just keep smiling and laughing every time I drive the car. Does not want me to stop. I feel the steering is remarkable, you can do some great cornering at ridiculous speeds with the car and yet it cruises comfortably on a highway. The cars dual personality is absolutely fabulous. It can be like a luxury GT cruiser if you want it to be or a complete unchained lunatic beast when you want. It has the unpredictable aspect to it, it will let you have fun but you also have to be careful about certain situations. It does grab a ton of attention. So be prepared for the lame "hey, do you want to trade" jokes and stuff. I really am glad I bought the SVR. It has so much presence, appeal, character and craziness to it. Its something that will make you happy, something that will make your stomach feel funny, something that will make your ears bleed (in a good way), Something that will make you want to go back for that one last look and something that will always make you laugh hysterically. Its such an amazing machine. I absolutely do not regret buying it over everything else I was looking at.
Great description

death1ord (02-21-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Klakeman
I agree. Sold a 2006 Cayman S after 30k trouble free miles. Hands down, the best handling, most pure sports car I have owned or driven. The difference in weight was the first thing I noticed when driving the F Type Coupe. The Cayman is designed for performance first, and is a true driver's car. It responds to your inputs with exceptional precision, and feels like you are "wearing" the car.

The F Type S is sex on 4 wheels though. It has drama and theatre that the Cayman never exhibited. Everyone loves the F Type, except for the occasional Porsche purist. Also, for everyday driving, the F Type has plenty of performance in my view.

When I pulled up in the Jaguar, my wife walked up and said: "it's worth every penny". She would never have said this about the Cayman.
i had a 2006 Cayman S too (and now have an F-Type) and I agree with everything you said.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:29 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had three Porsche’s would never buy another one
Three days after buying the third one brand new on occasions when I breaked I got this thudding sound I call the dealer who asked me to bring it in I did the next day I waited to see someone for an hour and eventual this thing came out I explained the problem and said I had been asked to bring it in and was then asked for a requestion number I hadn’t been given one to which he said likely story I left and Called the manager the next day said they could take the car they were very apologetic so arranged to pick up the car I relented they took it in and said there was nothing wrong with it
I reluctantly accepted it back exactly the same problem so took it in a second time nothing wrong they said exactly the same occurred and took it back to be told this was a high performance machine and obviously I couldn’t drive it properly
A engineer came out with me and heard the problem never did get an apology from the sales man
Never enter another Porsche showroom
The experience with jaguar has been exceptional and the car is stunning looks and fun to drive

Old 02-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's some heresy for you- Porsche guy here 996, 997.1 997.2 then jag ftype awdr. My lease is expiring and I was impressed but it still wasn't a 911. the noise was wonderful the speed enticing but there needs to be more. Im not ready to fork over 140k for a dd so im not going back to the 911. I have an old boxster to play with so im replacing the ftype with a c7 gs and saving 30k. C7 is the in the last model year, incredible pricing and may stick with vette once the mid engine goes through its initial quality and growing pains. I rarely see a ftype (except the Jackie stewart commercial) but rarer still seeing a c7 those people only come out on sunday???

Old 02-26-2018, 09:21 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I do not find that heretical at all. I have another year on my lease but will not go back to Jaguar. It is a wonderful car and does everything I want, but I am primarily tired of having to go 2.5 hours for service, 5 hours round trip. Secondarily, I abhor the Porsche pricing model, that Jaguar seems to now embrace, especially with what they seem to be doing with paint selections and prices for next year.
However, I am thinking that a C8 might be just the car. I enjoyed my C6 a lot, although the Jaguar is just a nicer car in all respects except price. The Corvette is just better bang for the bucks. We keep hearing mid-engine and, if it happens, that would tilt me towards the Corvette. I just hope the C8 is not as ugly as the C7.
Larry

Old 03-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Just traded my 987 Boxster S in on a new 2017 F-Type V6S, very little wheel time yet, but the Boxster is definitely the more driver focused car and I can't believe how much larger the Jag feels. I plan on doing a comparison once I have had more time behind the wheel in different situations. I put about 36,000 km on the Porsche including a two week 6000km road trip to the Tail of the Dragon, I am anxious to do the same thing in the Jag.
Any questions related to the 987's, feel free to ask, i did a lot of my own work so quite familiar with it.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Tayls77
Just traded my 987 Boxster S in on a new 2017 F-Type V6S, very little wheel time yet, but the Boxster is definitely the more driver focused car and I can't believe how much larger the Jag feels. I plan on doing a comparison once I have had more time behind the wheel in different situations. I put about 36,000 km on the Porsche including a two week 6000km road trip to the Tail of the Dragon, I am anxious to do the same thing in the Jag.
Any questions related to the 987's, feel free to ask, i did a lot of my own work so quite familiar with it.
Your location is listed here as.... London? Did you fly the Porsche over to experience the Dragon?

Old 03-06-2018, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Your location is listed here as.... London? Did you fly the Porsche over to experience the Dragon?
Judging by his car list he was until recently a resident of the good ol' US of A, so I'm guessing he moved to London UK not that long ago.
Unless of course he is located in London USA, as there is bound to be a city/town/village/hamlet somewhere in the US named London, although I can't find one.
Either that or he's just messin' with us!

ndabunka (03-06-2018)

Quick Reply: Who moved from a porsche to a f type?