F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who moved from a porsche to a f type?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 12:49 AM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Judging by his car list he was until recently a resident of the good ol' US of A, so I'm guessing he moved to London UK not that long ago.
Unless of course he is located in London USA, as there is bound to be a city/town/village/hamlet somewhere in the US named London, although I can't find one.
Either that or he's just messin' with us!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London,_California

The following users liked this post:
OzXFR (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 01:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by mshedden
I dunno, the population of London California is about 2,000 and the population of greater London UK is a bit over 14 million, I reckon the odds favour UK by about 7,000 to 1!

Old 03-07-2018, 02:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Tayls77
Just traded my 987 Boxster S in on a new 2017 F-Type V6S, very little wheel time yet, but the Boxster is definitely the more driver focused car and I can't believe how much larger the Jag feels. I plan on doing a comparison once I have had more time behind the wheel in different situations. I put about 36,000 km on the Porsche including a two week 6000km road trip to the Tail of the Dragon, I am anxious to do the same thing in the Jag.
Any questions related to the 987's, feel free to ask, i did a lot of my own work so quite familiar with it.
The F-Type will feel even heavier on the Tail, but will provide a much bigger grin (the term 'Sturm und Drang' comes to mind). I've driven both on the Tail.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:47 AM
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Judging by his car list he was until recently a resident of the good ol' US of A, so I'm guessing he moved to London UK not that long ago.
Unless of course he is located in London USA, as there is bound to be a city/town/village/hamlet somewhere in the US named London, although I can't find one.
Either that or he's just messin' with us!
London Ontario Canada my friends, about 15 hrs from the Tail. Pretty sure I put that in my bio, didn't realize it didn't flow through to each post.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:17 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Hah! Was going to guess London, Ont - I drive through there 4 times a year (2 in the Jag), on my way to/from Michigan.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
The F-Type will feel even heavier on the Tail, but will provide a much bigger grin (the term 'Sturm und Drang' comes to mind). I've driven both on the Tail.

I can't wait to give it a try, today we got another 3 inches of snow so I can't even get it on the roads around here let alone a weekend trip to the Tail. I do think the trip down will be nicer but I suspect the trip around the dragoon might be a little more , shall we say interesting. LOL

Old 03-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by DJS
Hah! Was going to guess London, Ont - I drive through there 4 times a year (2 in the Jag), on my way to/from Michigan.
If your ever making that trip on a Sunday, let me know. We have a great cars and Coffee here once a month at RSP Motorsports that often attracts a 100 cars, everything from F40's to GT40's and once in awhile a guy shows up with his real AC Cobra. This year there will be at least one F-Type

Old 03-08-2018, 08:08 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Bye bye

Just deposited on a spec c7gs coming in 6 weeks Turning in the r after 3 years. It was a love hate and I’mlooking at a check engine and was told I’ll need new cats that’s a service included issue - I hope. I do have an old boxster in garage and the car will be my dd.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by plmmd
Just deposited on a spec c7gs coming in 6 weeks Turning in the r after 3 years. It was a love hate and I’mlooking at a check engine and was told I’ll need new cats that’s a service included issue - I hope. I do have an old boxster in garage and the car will be my dd.

Do you mind me asking what the hate part was? I considered the C7 but around here there are just so many on the road and my wife really didn't like the look of them. Good luck with the new car, you get a lot of bang for your buck with the Vette.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First post. No pics yet but I'll post soon. I went from a Porsche Boxster to my new F-Type. I loved the Boxster, had a blast driving it, and never had any issues with it what so ever (including not a peep out of the IMS issue that brought down more than a few). Regular maintenance, tires, and oil, that was it. I kept it seven years and missed it almost as soon as I sold it. Handled like a dream, felt solid, had plenty of power. All that said; I don't miss it now. The F-Type is much faster, feels more planted, handles just as well (on public roads), and feels considerably more solid. The fit & finish of the Jaguar is miles better than the Porsche. My only real complaints with the Boxster were how loud it was with the top up and, as someone has already mentioned, it felt & looked like cheap plastic in several areas of the interior. It was very much a function first, amenities second car.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Yaguara
First post. No pics yet but I'll post soon. I went from a Porsche Boxster to my new F-Type. I loved the Boxster, had a blast driving it, and never had any issues with it what so ever (including not a peep out of the IMS issue that brought down more than a few). Regular maintenance, tires, and oil, that was it. I kept it seven years and missed it almost as soon as I sold it. Handled like a dream, felt solid, had plenty of power. All that said; I don't miss it now. The F-Type is much faster, feels more planted, handles just as well (on public roads), and feels considerably more solid. The fit & finish of the Jaguar is miles better than the Porsche. My only real complaints with the Boxster were how loud it was with the top up and, as someone has already mentioned, it felt & looked like cheap plastic in several areas of the interior. It was very much a function first, amenities second car.
Welcome and congratulations! I know exactly how you feel, difference is I have had snow since I picked mine up last week so I am STILL missing the Boxster as I haven't had time to drive the F-type yet. I won't miss the thin steering wheel or the cheaper interior, I will miss the size, storage and how it made me a better driver then I actually am.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newbie here and before all of yous start making remarks about my avatar, I am looking for feedback as a previous Porsche owner. This thread has been very helpful and I look forward to many more reasons to buy a F Type V6 S.
Any thought about convertible over coupe? I love the look of the convertible, but as an avid golfer, it has to do the job for my clubs.

Thanks

Old 03-14-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by jake ok
Newbie here and before all of yous start making remarks about my avatar, I am looking for feedback as a previous Porsche owner. This thread has been very helpful and I look forward to many more reasons to buy a F Type V6 S.
Any thought about convertible over coupe? I love the look of the convertible, but as an avid golfer, it has to do the job for my clubs.

Thanks
i bought the convertible and I can get my clubs a carry bag and a small duffle in the trunk.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:39 PM

Really? I have seen the trunk and its pretty small. I assume you had to remove the clubs from the golf bag to get it to fit. Do you have pics? PM me. Thanks

Old 03-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jake ok

Thanks
Clubs fit very nicely in the passenger seat! the angled compartment and the seat hold it in place really well!

Old 03-14-2018, 01:07 PM

No way am I going to place my heavy dirty golf bag on those beautiful leather seats. Also what if decide to pick up some hot chick on the course and she needs a ride? LOL

Last edited by jake ok; 03-14-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:17 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I take the woods out and put those in first. Then my carry bag with the rest of the clubs goes in. I keep my shoes and hats in the trunk with the clubs, but not much else.

No pix until it comes out of storage next month. Lots of snow here currently...

Old 03-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

my hate comments- the interior seems cheap- the plastic knobs the archaic "digital" temp readings, 8 days after i delivered the parking brake system locked and i was flatbedded back to the dealer where they diagnosed a faulty abs(land rover sourced) module after 2 weeks in service. left a bad taste from the get go. the app must've been designed by lucas as it works on its own schedule for remote start, lock etc. Even with sport exhaust off the start up is LOUD- i often leave before 6 am and used to start the car with the garage closed out of respect for my neighbors. Never ever felt as connected to the road as i did with a 911, is the jag faster off the line - yes but didnt feel it

Old 03-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

I cannot believe people complain about the loud exhaust. If your neighbors don't hate you for that, you are doing it wrong

Old 03-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by death1ord
I cannot believe people complain about the loud exhaust. If your neighbors don't hate you for that, you are doing it wrong
I like the loud exhaust and find it difficult to imagine buying an F Type without being aware of the loud exhaust from both test drive and online video reviews.

I would agree however on the F Type with active switchable exhaust it would seem more sensible for start up exhaust to be loud or quiet according to active exhaust switch setting.

Quick Reply: Who moved from a porsche to a f type?