Sponsored by:

Who is the sicko SRV owner driver in Freeport Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 04:34 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Who is the sicko SVR owner driver in Freeport Long Island

Hi guys,
I had some business in Freeport Long Island today, so I was on Sunrise Highway buy Cancos tile store. In front of the store was the new color (I believe it's called British baby blue) SRV hardtop parked in front of Cancos tile store. Just as I parked my car, the SRV car took off like a madman down Sunrise Highway, as if he was a Formula One driver. So I'm wondering if it's any member of this message board. By the way the car looked absolutely gorgeous and the sound was intoxicating to say the least!

Last edited by Ubad2; 06-14-2016 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-14-2016, 04:38 PM
Banned
Default Typos ....

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Hi guys,
I have some business in Freeport Long Island today, so I was on Sunrise Highway buy cancos tile store. In front of the store was the new color I believe it's called British baby blue SRV hardtop Park in front of cancos tile store just as I was parking my car the SRV car took off the morning like a madman down Sunrise Highway as if he was a Formula One driver. So I'm wondering if it's any member of this message board. By the way the car looked absolutely gorgeous and the sound was intoxicating to say the least !
I sent this message with my smartphone word recognition message so I noticed some typos. Sorry

Old 06-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Check the owners map for possible suspects!

Old 06-14-2016, 05:17 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Considering that the SVR's don't start arriving until the end of the month and seeing that you are in New Jersey, its possible you saw a pre-production/company car as JLRNA headquarters are in Mahwah, NJ.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Banned
Default You might be right .....

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Considering that the SVR's don't start arriving until the end of the month and seeing that you are in New Jersey, its possible you saw a pre-production/company car as JLRNA headquarters are in Mahwah, NJ.
Cancos tile store is approximately 2 miles away from Jaguar Freeport Long Island dealership. So maybe what you say is true and the SRV model was being Brooke 2 the Freeport Long Island Jaguar dealership. But, the windows were tinted lightly. Not sure if Jaguar North America would do that too their vehicle.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

True that, always check for an "M" plate or a "D" plate.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Banned
Default I'll be honest ....

Originally Posted by Stohlen
True that, always check for an "M" plate or a "D" plate.
and say this, I was awe struck by the appearance of the car and then as the car took off, the thundering sound comes from the exhaust. So I didn't focus on the plates.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Well it sounds like someone was having some fun..

Old 06-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Hi guys,
I had some business in Freeport Long Island today, so I was on Sunrise Highway buy Cancos tile store. In front of the store was the new color (I believe it's called British baby blue) SRV hardtop parked in front of Cancos tile store. Just as I parked my car, the SRV car took off like a madman down Sunrise Highway, as if he was a Formula One driver. So I'm wondering if it's any member of this message board. By the way the car looked absolutely gorgeous and the sound was intoxicating to say the least!
I think the color is British design Edition Ultra Blue

Old 06-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Banned
Default Can it be this car ???

Hi guys,
Okay... I've been mystified by what I saw several days ago while visiting Long Island . I recall the cars engine hood was a bit different , so I immediately thought it has to be the SVR coupe. Doing some research, this is the car I saw pulling away from Cancos Tile store. The front of the hood air air induction type inlets and again the car was the bright British blue color. Is this car in production? It's not the R Coupe or the SVR coupe because neither had the hood seen in the photo. What type of engine does this car have. The engine & exhaust sounded loud and mean !!!
Your thoughts please.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

A new '15 Roadster XKRS available at Gaudin in Las Vegas with lots of pictures and sticker.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:06 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Hi guys,
Okay... I've been mystified by what I saw several days ago while visiting Long Island . I recall the cars engine hood was a bit different , so I immediately thought it has to be the SVR coupe. Doing some research, this is the car I saw pulling away from Cancos Tile store. The front of the hood air air induction type inlets and again the car was the bright British blue color. Is this car in production? It's not the R Coupe or the SVR coupe because neither had the hood seen in the photo. What type of engine does this car have. The engine & exhaust sounded loud and mean !!!
Your thoughts please.
Extremely limited production runs of the XKRS-GT for the 2014MY. From what I recall I think there were only 250 that were available to the US. In terms of engine...its the same 550hp V8 found in the F-Type R. The transmission is a little archaic as its a 6 speed automatic. I would take this over any "R", "Project 7" or F-Type "SVR" anyday. This was modified to be a true track car. The blue one was available on the XK-RS...but I believe the XKRS-GT was only available in white.

Here are some upclose photos. Warehouse was a little dim so not that great of quality.

Last edited by WhiteTardis; 06-19-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Hi guys,
Your thoughts please.
Your posts baffle me sometimes. You posted a photo of the rear of the car which has all of the badging. It literally says what the car is.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:12 PM
Banned
Default That's gotta be it .

Extremely limited production runs of the XKRS-GT for the 2014MY. From what I recall I think there were only 250 that were available to the US. In terms of engine...its the same 550hp V8 found in the F-Type R. The transmission is a little archaic as its a 6 speed automatic. I would take this over any "R", "Project 7" or F-Type "SVR" anyday. This was modified to be a true track car.

Here are some upclose photos. Warehouse was a little dim so not that great of quality.

I definitely took notice of the unique engine hood. That's what caught my eye along with the bright blue color, quad exhaust and huge GT fixed spoiler. It did look amazing ! If I wasn't focused with my work, I would have walked over to the car to inspect prior to the car taking off like a bat out of hell ! The only whole Street echoed with the roaring sound coming from this car. I was shocked .

Old 06-19-2016, 08:16 PM
Banned
Default Einstein ....

Originally Posted by Nati
Your posts baffle me sometimes. You posted a photo of the rear of the car which has all of the badging. It literally says what the car is.
What does the pics have to do with what I initially saw. When I saw the car, I did not see or notice badges because I was a good 70 feet away from the car. Doing research I came across these pics. After the fact of seeing the car.
Enigma no.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,290 Likes on 889 Posts

Awesome looking car. No wonder you were excited. I cant help but like the big wing (I have a real weakness for them), I'd love one on my f type but everyone would laugh at me...

Old 06-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Awesome looking car. No wonder you were excited. I cant help but like the big wing (I have a real weakness for them), I'd love one on my f type but everyone would laugh at me...
Don't let that stop you. We all laugh at one another anyway.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I agree with you on the huge wing. I think it looks great too on this car, not sure about our car. Please be the guniea pig so I can see If I want it too. =)..
Unhingd is correct whatever we do they will laugh at us so why not have some fun