F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who would rather have a 2016 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Who would rather have a 2016 Camaro?

Road and Track best handling car at any price.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (11-18-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

No chance.

The following 3 users liked this post by Mbourne:
Buckingham (11-17-2015), ImNotFamousAnymore (11-19-2015), Uncle Fishbits (11-18-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Is this controversial or what?

Yikes, this forum is really getting desperate for topics.

Well, the reflexive reply isn't going anywhere (sorry, Mbourne), so let's try:

Yeah, I'd rather have a Camaro. Who, in his right mind, wouldn't, after Road and Track said what they said? I mean, what more do you need? "Best handling car," and for half the price! Chevy dealer, here I come.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

The side windows are so short, it feels like you're sitting in a gun turret. Not for me, thank you.

On second thought, mount a 50mm gun on the bonnet and I'm in.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Mbourne (11-17-2015), Uncle Fishbits (11-18-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 08:14 PM
DFW
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

This guy would.

The following 3 users liked this post by DFW:
drbill (11-21-2015), ImNotFamousAnymore (11-19-2015), Lookout! (11-29-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckingham
I wouldn't have a Camaro if Jennifer Lawrence came with it! I don't care how well it handles, it's still fugly.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Not a fan of the Camaro. Just don't like how it looks. I'm not a huge American Muscle guy, but I do like the Hellcat, looks mean.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

I'm sorry, but I simply cannot believe that the Chevrolet Camaro handles better than an Ariel Atom...

I would take the Atom... (Strictly for the "fun" factor!)

Old 11-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not a personal fan of the interior on that car or I might be up for it. I wouldn't *rather* have a Camero but they are exhilarating.

I will say that I have heard first hand from several professional race car drivers that all agree that it is an amazing car on the track. What can be said for it on the street though is another story :-D

Old 11-17-2015, 09:59 PM
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool Keepo hte 2016, I'll take my pal's 2012

Best friend, best man, wing mate, never cell mate, always has my back even when getting his butt handed to him.

New age ride, old school all-in-one

Attached Thumbnails Who would rather have a 2016 Camaro?-buckszl1.png  
Old 11-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Definitely no on the Camaro. My better half would be seeking a divorce attorney if I ever drove home with that, no matter how much better it handles than my F-type.

On the other hand, the new Shelby GT350R with a flat-plane 5.0 liter V8 that revs to 8250 RPM... For the engine alone, that might be worth it. Probably the last of the really great normally aspirated engines at an attainable price. This is the only sub $200k car that I've heard all the car magazines swoon over the sound of more than the F-type R, and it's actually sub $100k.

Foosh (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 07:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by duprey26
Definitely no on the Camaro. My better half would be seeking a divorce attorney if I ever drove home with that, no matter how much better it handles than my F-type.

On the other hand, the new Shelby GT350R with a flat-plane 5.0 liter V8 that revs to 8250 RPM... For the engine alone, that might be worth it. Probably the last of the really great normally aspirated engines at an attainable price. This is the only sub $200k car that I've heard all the car magazines swoon over the sound of more than the F-type R, and it's actually sub $100k.
+1 It promises to be a great track toy, but the R has no HVAC or rear seat and otherwise stripped for weight-savings. The street version would be a decent track toy as well and comfortable daily driver.

Last edited by Foosh; 11-18-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I actually love it....I think Chevrolet makes a great product for the price, and the Camaro proves that you can have an amazing car for reasonable money. Honestly, the gap between "normal" cars and exclusive cars is closing.

That said, I'm now a Jaguar fan for life and I love the F-Type. I think exclusivity has a price, and I'm okay with that. But, personal tastes aside, as an American we should be proud. Great cars being made at great value.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by XFactoR
I actually love it....I think Chevrolet makes a great product for the price, and the Camaro proves that you can have an amazing car for reasonable money. Honestly, the gap between "normal" cars and exclusive cars is closing.

That said, I'm now a Jaguar fan for life and I love the F-Type. I think exclusivity has a price, and I'm okay with that. But, personal tastes aside, as an American we should be proud. Great cars being made at great value.
I agree, and the ZL1 is a monster on the track. Both Mustang and Camaro offer incredible performance and incredible value, but, of course, you have to get past being a snob and worrying about what other people think.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Just sit in one...drove one as a loaner while my F-Type was being serviced...yards and yards of cheap plastic, couldn't wait to get out.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like most folks here aren't aware that for 2016, it is an all new-gen Camaro, on a totally different platform, is smaller, considerably lighter, and with an infotainment system (ApplePlay, etc.) many have been crying for in the F-Type, as well as much upgraded interior quality. The performance is amazing right out of the box.

Another rave review attached below:

Winding Road | Driven: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Old 11-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
The side windows are so short, it feels like you're sitting in a gun turret. Not for me, thank you.

On second thought, mount a 50mm gun on the bonnet and I'm in.
LOL. My browser sucks at loading pics, so a link to an F-Type dressed as Mad Max car:
Jaguar F-Type, Nissan and Skoda Go All 'Mad Max'

Let's do it.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by XFactoR
I actually love it....I think Chevrolet makes a great product for the price,...........But, personal tastes aside, as an American we should be proud. Great cars being made at great value.
I am proud of our American car makers, and Ford is, also, absolutely KILLING IT.

The cycles of up and downs in companies means that Mercedes is in a big slump, BMW is a bit, and definitely Audi now.... Toyota isn't what it was, and look what's happening....

KIA? Hyundai? Making cars that are passable for a luxury Lexus or Mercedes body lines? Ford's Fusion grill can be mistaken for an Aston, any day of the week... And an Aston seems boring and dull now with the INSANE value of the F-Type.

I know F-Type is not the mass market consumer car like the Camaro, but it's still relatively defined as a super car, and it is, 100%, the best *value* of any super car, and wildly affordable to any consumer that might consider an Audi or BMW.

I love what's happening in the car industry... and...

this crush towards driverless means some weird schisms will begin between "people that love driving" and people who hate it.... and there is no way driverless cars are an "esteem" thing, either. They're a commodity, and likely a utility, because who cares if you are in one companies Audi vs BMW driverless car? Unless one is safer, which makes no sense..... so I assume we will see a bunch of dull driverless commodities next to our fun and zippy "driver's cars", driving alongside these Camaros, etc....

and then the new high end luxury market for driverless cars as luxury apartments. There's already the high end of luxury vans and trucks for athletes to take to Vegas, etc. Like an apartment on wheels... could you imagine not having to pay rent in San Francisco, and just sleep peacefully in your moving big rig all night?

AT ANY RATE.....

I don't want that Camaro, but I don't have a problem with people that do. With my F-Type, I realize it's people who love driving, and those that don't.

I see a Honda with a roll cage built in, a Festiva with a wing bolted on, a BRZ zipping along.... I don't feel like it is "Us vs Camaro". I feel it is "car lovers" vs everyone else.

My *ONLY* issue is of the top 10 cars, the F-Type wasn't in there. It will be next year, I promise. I hope I promise.

--------------------------------------------

Other finalists for the Motor Trend Car of the Year were the Audi TT, BMW 7 Series, Honda Civic, Mazda MX-5 Miata, Mercedes-Benz GT S and Toyota Mirai.

swajames (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckingham
Well, the only RHD 'merican available* here is a Mustang. That said, the Camaro does look good. But if I want that kind of car, I'll be looking at Australian Fords and Holdens...

*Allegedly. Getting a Ford dealership to do anything more than take your deposit is apparently quite difficult.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-typical
Well, the only RHD 'merican available* here is a Mustang. That said, the Camaro does look good. But if I want that kind of car, I'll be looking at Australian Fords and Holdens...

*Allegedly. Getting a Ford dealership to do anything more than take your deposit is apparently quite difficult.
They are gone as semi-autonomous divisions and absorbed into corporate Ford and GM, which have embraced the global platform concept like everyone else. In fact, the previous-gen Camaro was on a Holden chassis.

AnD3rew (11-20-2015)

Quick Reply: Who would rather have a 2016 Camaro?