F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's got over 10,000 miles with the Velocity AP Crank Pulley and Tune?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 09:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who's got over 10,000 miles with the Velocity AP Crank Pulley and Tune?!

Hello there : )

Happy Sunday! There are many people on these forums that have the Velocity AP ECU Flash Tune. There are also many people on these forums that have the Velocity AP Crank Pulley + Tune. Throughout the last month and a half, I've had a few conversations with some of you that have the Velocity AP ECU Flash tune for many miles. A range between 5,000 to 40,000 miles without any problems.
Is there anyone here that has the Velocity AP Pulley + Tune for over 10,000 miles?! 15,000 miles?! I have yet to hear from someone that has over 10,000 or 15,000 miles on their cars.
Just out of curiosity, for those of you with the ECU Tune and/or the Pulley Tune how many miles are on your car? Anyone have a higher mileage (over 80,000 miles) car with the ECU or Pulley Tune?!

Thanks!

-XJ

Old 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Cheers, mine has had the pulley and tune on since mid 2019, so probably about 25000km, say 15000 miles.

No dramas at all except the first day I had it when it ate the belt, but I think that was because they had changed the pulley and the wrong belt was fitted

The following users liked this post:
rrstl3 (01-24-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Cheers, mine has had the pulley and tune on since mid 2019, so probably about 25000km, say 15000 miles.

No dramas at all except the first day I had it when it ate the belt, but I think that was because they had changed the pulley and the wrong belt was fitted
Cheers : )

How many miles on your car right now, if you don't mind sharing!

-XJ

Old 01-22-2024, 12:46 AM
Veteran Member

Just on 50000kms, so about 30000 miles

Old 01-22-2024, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Just on 50000kms, so about 30000 miles
After you did the pulley what was the biggest value-add? How did the car react differently then before? Are there things that you couldn't do with the ECU Flash Tune, but you could now that you have the pulley tune? Thanks so much for your time.

-XJ

Old 01-22-2024, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

I did the both at the same time, the difference in the v6 was insane especially over 80kph. But to be honest, I reckon that changing the heavy OEM wheels and p zeros for much lighter forged rims and michelins was just as spectacular a change, and something that I can enjoy every time I drive it.

Old 01-22-2024, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Did VAP tune only first. It woke the car up and made it much more fun to drive. Without the tune the car stopped pulling a higher RPM. About 5k miles with just the tune.
Added the crank pulley. Made a really big difference in power overall and delivery. A lot more bottom end and midrange power with significantly more at top end. Been about 20k miles with pulley plus tune.

The following 2 users liked this post by RGPV6S:
!good! (02-11-2024), PaulBarrrera (01-23-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Did VAP tune only first. It woke the car up and made it much more fun to drive. Without the tune the car stopped pulling a higher RPM. About 5k miles with just the tune.
Added the crank pulley. Made a really big difference in power overall and delivery. A lot more bottom end and midrange power with significantly more at top end. Been about 20k miles with pulley plus tune.
Hi

If you don't mind me asking, how many miles do you have on your car right now?

I also have another thought. Driving in D and dynamic mode off with the Velocity AP ECU Flash Tune the car feels nice. It absolutely feels a lot more lively. When you step on it in D there is still quite a bit of lag. When you turn on dynamic mode and put the car in S it really moves. 70% of the lag is gone (my opinion). There is a significant difference with the ECU Tune between driving the car in D or S and dynamic mode on or off. In your opinion, with the pulley tune driving the car in D and dynamic mode off is all the lag gone that you've still felt with the ECU Flash Tune in S and dynamic mode on? Would you say that the car is 30% faster with the pulley tune in D and dynamic mode off? I'm sure that with the pulley tune, dynamic mode on, and driving in S the car will be an absolute boss.

- XJ

Last edited by Jaguar XJ; 01-22-2024 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaguar XJ
Hi

If you don't mind me asking, how many miles do you have on your car right now?

I also have another thought. Driving in D and dynamic mode off with the Velocity AP ECU Flash Tune the car feels nice. It absolutely feels a lot more lively. When you step on it in D there is still quite a bit of lag. When you turn on dynamic mode and put the car in S it really moves. 70% of the lag is gone (my opinion). There is a significant difference with the ECU Tune between driving the car in D or S and dynamic mode on or off. In your opinion, with the pulley tune driving the car in D and dynamic mode off is all the lag gone that you've still felt with the ECU Flash Tune in S and dynamic mode on? Would you say that the car is 30% faster with the pulley tune in D and dynamic mode off? I'm sure that with the pulley tune, dynamic mode on, and driving in S the car will be an absolute boss.

- XJ
About 45k miles. In dynamic the the car is friskier and the throttle is much twitchier. In sport even more so - also more exhaust crackles and pops.

I would not say it's 30% faster but Dragy says I picked up about 0.3 sec in 0 to 60 with pulley and tune. down to 4.3 from about 4.6 but measured with really old Michelin Super sport tires on the car that always broke loose when launching. Never checked it with the new MPS4S tires which stick way, way better..

Old 01-23-2024, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
About 45k miles. In dynamic the the car is friskier and the throttle is much twitchier. In sport even more so - also more exhaust crackles and pops.

I would not say it's 30% faster but Dragy says I picked up about 0.3 sec in 0 to 60 with pulley and tune. down to 4.3 from about 4.6 but measured with really old Michelin Super sport tires on the car that always broke loose when launching. Never checked it with the new MPS4S tires which stick way, way better..
Hi

Thank you so much for sharing! .3sec is quite a bit. Where did the pulley tune add the biggest value coming from the ECU tune? Are there various things that you are able to do now that you weren't able to do with just the ECU Tune?

-XJ

Old 01-23-2024, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaguar XJ
Hi

Thank you so much for sharing! .3sec is quite a bit. Where did the pulley tune add the biggest value coming from the ECU tune? Are there various things that you are able to do now that you weren't able to do with just the ECU Tune?

-XJ
Broader power band. Not really.

Old 01-23-2024, 08:24 PM
Received 63 Likes on 42 Posts

Man, how is this post different than your other post?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...4/#post2710628

pull the trigger. pull the trigger. stop perseverating.

Old 01-24-2024, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by bfrank1972
Man, how is this post different than your other post?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...4/#post2710628

pull the trigger. pull the trigger. stop perseverating.
Hi,

Thanks for your message. Different individuals engage in different postings. One is not better than the other. It's different. It provides the community members with options to add-value to conversations. That's the whole purpose of a specific community within the car world or other realms. To express experiences, do's&don'ts, and educate where they have experience and first hand knowledge.

My kindest regards,

-XJ

Old 01-24-2024, 12:43 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

XJ,
Which car do you have? Which engine?

Old 01-24-2024, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
XJ,
Which car do you have? Which engine?
I have a 2013 XJ 3.0 supercharged. I already have the Velocity AP ECU Flash. I am highly considering getting the pulley+tune. I have never met anyone on these forums that has an XJ 3.0 supercharged with the Velocity AP pulley + tune. All conversations thus far have been with F-Type owners.

-XJ

Old 01-24-2024, 01:48 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Your transmission tune is different from the F-type, but I think you’d enjoy the extra torque.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
Your transmission tune is different from the F-type, but I think you’d enjoy the extra torque.
Hi : )

The transmission tune is fantastic I hear. For the time being, I am highly considering a crank pulley and tune. Do you the transmission tune on your car?

-XJ

Old 01-24-2024, 09:34 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

No, I mean the XJ transmission has a different tune than the F-type transmission, I’m sure it doesn’t shift as quickly.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
No, I mean the XJ transmission has a different tune than the F-type transmission, I’m sure it doesn’t shift as quickly.
Hi : )

I agree. I am certain it does not shift as quickly. The F-Type is a sports car. The XJ is the top of the line luxury car the Jaguar has. That usually means that everything is de-tuned. Case and point is when Chris at Velocity AP looked in the ECU Flash file and saw that it only had 50% throttle. From different conversation with people on these forums the transmission tune on the F-Type is .2 sec faster 0-60 and .7-.8 faster 1/4 mile. That's a huge improvement on the F-Type. I had a few conversations with @VelocityAP_Chris Chris at Velocity AP and the transmission tune has a lot of benefits other than that it's quicker. For example, it holds the RPM steady longer, much crisper downshifts, and of course solid upshifts.

My kindest regards,

-XJ

Old 01-29-2024, 04:34 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry but no way does the gearbox tune on its own give you .7 or .8 quicker 1/4 mile times.
100hp will only give you 1-1.5 secs

Quick Reply: Who's got over 10,000 miles with the Velocity AP Crank Pulley and Tune?!