F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do I hate this car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

I don't disagree with OP in principle...
I like my f type, but I understand how he feels (sounds like a dude). I think the f type has plenty of room for improvement, especially on the quality aspect, but I don't see a better car. Especially not one that could be driven every day.
That is the problem. This car could be better, but if we wanted to get something better, we wouldn't be able to.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hardwired
I don't disagree with OP in principle...
I like my f type, but I understand how he feels (sounds like a dude). I think the f type has plenty of room for improvement, especially on the quality aspect, but I don't see a better car. Especially not one that could be driven every day.
That is the problem. This car could be better, but if we wanted to get something better, we wouldn't be able to.
Agreed. OK, "hate" was over the top. It is definitely a fun car to drive and checks almost all the boxes. It's also a great value compared to others as pointed out above. I always have buyers remorse about a year into ownership and miss aspects of the previous car. I'm guessing a few of you suffer from the same disease.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 911c4snomore
Agreed. OK, "hate" was over the top. It is definitely a fun car to drive and checks almost all the boxes. It's also a great value compared to others as pointed out above. I always have buyers remorse about a year into ownership and miss aspects of the previous car. I'm guessing a few of you suffer from the same disease.
It is easy to have buyers remorse... there are always new cars coming out or features you miss from old cars, or the "grass is greener" syndrome when looking at other brands or models. But for me, I know I spent months agonizing over my choices and the car I purchased was the right fit for me at the time. If you're really not happy, at the end of the day you can always change your mind and get something else. Yeah it will cost you a bit of depreciation, but maybe it will save you some peace of mind. (Though you're likely to get buyers remorse again the next time too.)

Old 06-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,455 Likes on 1,951 Posts

I never get Buyers Remorse, because I always buy well-used cars, ( being a poor man), so stoically put up with a few issues.

I have to say that if Porsche haven't got the 911 right by now they don't deserve to be in business. Jaguar are just starting out on this rocky road.

Only thing really, really, wrong with the F-type is it has no luggage space at all, so is useless for touring with a nice party in the passenger seat ! Women do tend to like to take more than us men when going away somewhere.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Even with the fitted luggage the roadster is challenge. Fitted luggage fits great until you fill them!

Old 06-16-2015, 06:20 PM

Perhaps my perspective is in the minority, but I don't really expect much luggage space in a sports car... particularly in a 1+1 cabriolet. If this was intended to be a touring car, then yes, I'd expect more space, but that isn't what the F-Type is aiming to be. JLR sells other cars that are better for touring.

As it is, I can carry a tire repair kit and a few smaller luggage items for short trips. Not sure what else I'd need. For longer trips I'd take the sedan or crossover.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
That's an unusual name. It must be the same guy who used to live around the corner from my friend, over in Danville, CA. As I recall, back then he was restoring classics. That was quite a few years ago ...
Google Steve Moal Aerosport if you want to see the type of cars he builds.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
Even with the fitted luggage the roadster is challenge. Fitted luggage fits great until you fill them!
The primary reason I ordered a coupe.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Google Steve Moal Aerosport if you want to see the type of cars he builds.
Yep. That's the guy. He used to live about two miles from me. Maybe he's upgraded in the intervening decades.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:38 AM
Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts

Try enjoying deeply what you have until you enjoy it no more then make a change. Otherwise you are merely a drifter.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

There's always something better in some dimension or another, no matter how far up the food chain you go.

I suppose I'm just a glass half full type, but there is/was something I liked about all my cars and I prefer to enjoy the particular features of each.
VR4 - raw power and fun modifications (exhaust, suspension, and Apexi)
911 - all round balance
e-Type - classic beauty
Europa JPS (when I had it) - cornering like an (slightly) overgrown go-cart

The F-Type is a blend of all of the above, but (best of all): flat out fun!

Old 06-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

I cannot take anybody serious who lists creature comnfort as a "pro" for Porsche. I had three in a row and creature comfort does not come to mind in any of them. Porsche NAV is pretty bad, maybe not as bad as Jags but nothing to call home about. Audio integration too was aweful, maybe it is different now. Seats are aweful, some of the worst, thin and hard with little support. Interior of the 911 has been the same for decades, everything is an optional with surcharge.
Calling the Turbo power elastic is just completely out of place with the twin turbos certainly blows the doors off a 4S in every driving situation. Sorry but this post makes no sense and blows just hot air.

The following users liked this post:
SoCalJagS (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

When I mentioned the luggage I'm not the problem it's the co-pilot. I go to Hawaii for two weeks with a carry on!

Old 06-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

+1 I have no problems with luggage space in the convertible. Fortunately, I'm married to someone whose idea of proper road-trip attire is jeans, shorts, swimsuit and t-shirt.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Default Let's end this thread. Sorry I started it.

Originally Posted by Schwabe
I cannot take anybody serious who lists creature comnfort as a "pro" for Porsche. I had three in a row and creature comfort does not come to mind in any of them. Porsche NAV is pretty bad, maybe not as bad as Jags but nothing to call home about. Audio integration too was aweful, maybe it is different now. Seats are aweful, some of the worst, thin and hard with little support. Interior of the 911 has been the same for decades, everything is an optional with surcharge.
Calling the Turbo power elastic is just completely out of place with the twin turbos certainly blows the doors off a 4S in every driving situation. Sorry but this post makes no sense and blows just hot air.
First and last post.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
+1 I have no problems with luggage space in the convertible. Fortunately, I'm married to someone whose idea of proper road-trip attire is jeans, shorts, swimsuit and t-shirt.
Same on both counts.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:04 PM
Default Found the cure for buyers remorse...

I test drove my last car in convertible form. Total dog compared to the F. Holy crap!