F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do people drive crazy around an f type.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,246 Likes on 1,361 Posts

As far as I have been able to determine, BMWs and Audis do not come from the factory with turn signals as standard equipment. And very few of the German-car owners seem to specify the optional turn signals.
In Canada prospective BMW owners must provide a police confirmation of irresponsible and antisocial driving or the purchase cannot be completed.

Last edited by sov211; 03-01-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

They seem to be optional for all vehicles registered in Maryland and Virginia as well.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
They seem to be optional for all vehicles registered in Maryland and Virginia as well.
I see you noticed. Around here it seems that using your blinkers is a signal for others to block your intended path of travel. I use them anyway. When I'm in the Pickup or Land Cruiser, blockers do so at their own peril.

As others have mentioned, the seas part when I'm in the F-Type.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-01-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Good stories need to be told many times!
That's how they get better or become good.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 402 Posts

When I was younger, it seemed as though most of the idiots on the road were driving VW Beatles. It probably had some validity, since the demographic was highly young, male, compensating. Anyway, years later I told my wife that it now seemed like the idiots were driving Bimmers. Then, I couldn't help but think -- it's probably the same guys.

(Apologies to the BMW crowd, including my brother, but his wife thought it was amusing.)

Last edited by uncheel; 03-01-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

The reason that people drive crazy around F-Type is the Jaguar Pfermone Generator (JPG) (TM). The JPG generates high-performance pfermones that make the driver appear to be much younger, much more handsome, much smarter, and a much better lover. I have observed this effect scientifically and as frequently as possible, although I have not yet been able to find the JPG module itself and there is no mention of it in the Jaguar literature.

But we've all seen it work, haven't we!!

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (03-04-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 05:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FullChat
The reason that people drive crazy around F-Type is the Jaguar Pfermone Generator (JPG) (TM). The JPG generates high-performance pfermones that make the driver appear to be much younger, much more handsome, much smarter, and a much better lover. I have observed this effect scientifically and as frequently as possible, although I have not yet been able to find the JPG module itself and there is no mention of it in the Jaguar literature.

hahah

Old 03-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

You got that right !! The ladies love the car.
Lawrence

Old 03-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

That is somewhat contrary to my wife's firm belief that the car serves as a potent I.Q. suppressant.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

That is somewhat contrary to my wife's firm belief that the car serves as a potent I.Q. suppressant.
That's funny! Maybe it extends outside the car. That might explain the women too.

That said, clearly I need to move somewhere else. I have yet to be chased around by these mythical hotties. I hide my bald spot and everything!

Old 03-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

Shaguar.... I get comments all the time from Mustang, Camaro and Challenger owners: generally "thumbs up" and "what is that gorgeous beast your driving?" Fun sprints if the road conditions are good.... I've had 2 bikers cup their hands to their ears and signal "let's hear it" -- the only time I'm sorry I don't have the V8.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Hum, interesting. My wife tells me often that she has observed the same effect, that is the lowering of the driver's I.Q., also an overall lowering of maturity level. I know I am very happy that I had that package added.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
That's how they get better or become good.
If the story doesn't get better every time you tell it then you are just not a good story teller.

89 Jacobra (05-20-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 12:32 PM
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was going to start a thread like this but stumbled across this one. I've only had my F for 3 months and have not driven it alot yet. And yet it seems every time I head out, even with COVID reductions in traffic, some idiot sees me, goes crazy, and comes flying up from behind, just dying to get caught up and start something. They can't stand having any hi-po car in front of them. They floor it, hop lanes, whatever it takes to fly up next to me. Then they will rev their engines in neutral, downshift to make a racket thru their $40 Borla cans, or change lanes in a circling around me. All reckless and pointless - I never street race. But the behavior is annoying and dangerous. The worst offender was a heavily modded GT-R that made two running passes by me at at least 100 MPH (I'm doing ~68), and less than a FOOT from my doors. I almost called the police but once they saw I wasn't going to play, they took off on the 495 Beltway, nearly spinning out with every upshift. Idiots. I would get this alot when out in my '73 Firebird and '97 3000GT back in the days, but nothing like this. Must be the rarity and reputation of the F. So far Interstate highways have been the scene of this menacing and very infuriating behavior. So I much more enjoy the 1 or 2 lane backroads with twisties even if the speeds are a bit lower, because more than likely I won't be "harassed". I don't mind a respectful look and wave, but not this juvenile cr*p. They'll never steal my joy or happiness with the car but boy I sure hope this isn't a regular thing ever time I hit an Interstate. Rant over!

Old 05-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

"A gentleman walks and never runs."
Play time is track time, if you want to go racing, go to a track. Any behavior that distracts other drivers is dangerous and should not be tolerated. I don't play with idiots either, I'm more inclined to slow down or pull over and let them pass.
Unless the roads are clear and I know I can beat them. Take that tiny switch next to my shiftier, it changes everything...

Old 05-19-2020, 01:38 PM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Have never had an issue with the F-Type... has been widely well recieved and people don't ''freak out'' around the car... some people with 150hp do get up my *** sometimes and i just pull as far right as possible. I've learned to just stay far away from people in general lol

Uncle Fishbits (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 05:11 AM
Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

I have a recent story to tell: last week while driving to work on the Turnpike, 10 PM ish. I’m cruising along minding my own business approaching the only two cars on the highway for as far as the eyes can see. I’m in the left lane ( concrete barrier side) in Dynamic mode and 6th gear...( because I know it’s going to be roaring past them) I see one of the cars in the center lane is a beautiful gray with black trim and wheels BMW M series sedan. I pass him and I then see him dart into the right lane pass the car he was behind and swiftly come along side me nose to nose, He waves at me and as I wave back he jumps on it. I obliged and quickly pull next to him upshift at 6k rpms and pull ahead quickly. By the time I shift again he is long behind me in the rear view mirror.
I slow back down basking in my glory and here he comes again right beside me. He surges his car twice enticing me into a second exhibition of the Jags power. This time I give him a car length head start, we are at 70, then I take him to school again.... this time he flashes his high beams several times which I interpret as “I’ve had enough “ and I continue on to work. M5-0, F-type-2.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tp10XKR:
89 Jacobra (05-20-2020), Mbourne (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 06:45 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

It's not just the F Type, though we do get quite a bit of the "You wanna go bro?!?!". I was on the phone a couple of days ago with the wife while she was driving in her F Pace SVR. Within only 15 minutes, I heard 3 loud exhausts. A mustang, camaro, and an F150. Each time she quipped, "they wanna go bro". She never indulges them and tells me, what's the point? They would just lose. We had a conversation because I really didn't understand. The F Pace isn't that assuming of a car. Are there really that many people out there that have the slightest idea of what's under that hood? Wifey says she got it in her F Pace S all the time to and it's because they see the leaper on the back. Personally, I think they must hear the exhaust.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

I find that when I drive my Pantera on the freeway, everyone becomes a race car driver. Camrys, Accords, and Sonatas all of a sudden have to try and pass or keep me from merging into traffic from the on ramp. Funny though, is that on the freeway I pretty much stay in the right lane when driving her and at the speed limit because it is so low to the ground that frequently it's not seen by drivers of taller cars.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:52 AM
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

+yes! Got passed by some guy in his v-8 Mustang with almost no exhaust while on a pizza run last week.

Really! The Pizza is important.

I have no idea how you could drive on the highway with that. Earplugs?

Quick Reply: why do people drive crazy around an f type.