F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I hate my new Jaguar F type R

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Why I hate my new Jaguar F type R

Every time I get into my new car I want to drive it extremely hard and listen to the engine roar. I love sliding the car sideways and driving like a mad man in the right situations. Deff not putting other peoples lives at risk.

What I hate about this car is driving it slow. Its a constant battle of not wanting to get a ticket and not caring. The car is just to much fun to drive and I know my time is numbered until I see those lights pulling me over for speeding.

Hopefully the newness wears off and I can get back to driving normally but for right now its just to much fun.
Just got the wheels done.

Last edited by santacruzmg; 01-15-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by santacruzmg
Every time I get into my new car I want to drive it extremely hard and listen to the engine roar. I love sliding the car sideways and driving like a mad man in the right situations. Deff not putting other peoples lives are risk.

What I hate about this car is driving it slow. Its a constant battle of not wanting to get a ticket and not caring. The car is just to much fun to drive and I know my time is numbered until I see those lights pulling me over for speeding.

Hopefully the newness wears off and I can get back to driving normally but for right now its just to much fun.
Hahahaha I'm planning on getting one. Should I look forward to getting tickets?

Old 01-15-2016, 05:33 PM

Gursy- You are going to love it so much. I have driven so many diff cars and the R has something special about it and its just all fun!

Old 01-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

First, you should get laser jammers. No worry about tickets when they can't tell how fast you are going! I just had AL Priority Quints installed on mine.

Next, can you post more pics of your wheels and of your car with the wheels. I'm seriously considering doing the same with my wheels but can't quite pull the trigger yet.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

You do know that even if you have jammers for radar and laser, officers still can give you a ticket for too fast for conditions or exhibition of speed. If it's obvious you're speeding they have other options to ticket you...

Old 01-15-2016, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by TXJagR
You do know that even if you have jammers for radar and laser, officers still can give you a ticket for too fast for conditions or exhibition of speed. If it's obvious you're speeding they have other options to ticket you...
Depends on the jurisdiction, what the cop is willing to do, etc. They can't prove too fast for conditions or exhibition of speed if they can't prove how fast you were going. I'm not aware of anyone who's gotten those kinds of tickets when they weren't racing or doing something else ridiculous.

I've gone by cops at 120 mph before who were shooting me with their lasers and haven't been pulled over.

Besides, I'm not advocating that people go that fast on public roads, but I regularly cruise significantly above the speed limit. When I get hit the process goes like this:

Laser jammer starts alerting,
Cop's lights go on (sometimes)
I slow to the speed limit quickly
Turn off jammer.
Cop's lights go off as they get a speed near the limit and they think their gun just malfunctioned.

Keep in mind the vast majority of times you get hit by a laser the cop is quite far away and so can only estimate your speed, which I've never seen hold up in court.

I mean, if the cop really really wanted to I'm sure he could follow me until he could prove I broke SOME traffic law, or pull me over and smash a tail-light or something, but in general cops don't know what jammers are, they just think their gun malfunctioned, so there's no reason to mess with me.

Last edited by LobsterClaws; 01-15-2016 at 05:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PolkNole (01-16-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Very illegal in California.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Buckingham
Illegal yes, but I still know a lot of people that run them up there. If I were there and going to drive a car like this I'd probably run them anyway. Especially since most cops have no idea what they are.

It's also not clear what the penalty for having them is. The forums seem to speculate that it depends on the number of emitters you have as to whether it's an equipment violation or a misdemeanor. The equipment violation is likely well worth it. I saw that they speculate though, because of all the people posting reports from California, not one that I found on a quick search has actually had a cop take issue with them.

Alternately, seems like California has lots of ways to deal with tickets. Trial by declaration, online traffic school, etc. Might be easier just to deal with the tickets or have a decent lawyer.

Last edited by LobsterClaws; 01-15-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Also in Texas

Old 01-15-2016, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
First, you should get laser jammers. No worry about tickets when they can't tell how fast you are going! I just had AL Priority Quints installed on mine.

Next, can you post more pics of your wheels and of your car with the wheels. I'm seriously considering doing the same with my wheels but can't quite pull the trigger yet.
Laser jammers are highly illegal I believe, but if you have a way to hide them go for it. I would rather go for a high end radar detector.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gursy
Laser jammers are highly illegal I believe, but if you have a way to hide them go for it. I would rather go for a high end radar detector.
Illegal in California? Yes. Not in all states. I don't know about highly illegal. I hear that said a lot, but I know a lot of people in California running laser jammers and not one has ever reported a problem, even when being stopped by police for other things.

A radar detector is good, but insufficient since the majority of encounters with traffic cops now are using laser.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
Depends on the jurisdiction, what the cop is willing to do, etc. They can't prove too fast for conditions or exhibition of speed if they can't prove how fast you were going. I'm not aware of anyone who's gotten those kinds of tickets when they weren't racing or doing something else ridiculous.

I've gone by cops at 120 mph before who were shooting me with their lasers and haven't been pulled over.

Besides, I'm not advocating that people go that fast on public roads, but I regularly cruise significantly above the speed limit. When I get hit the process goes like this:

Laser jammer starts alerting,
Cop's lights go on (sometimes)
I slow to the speed limit quickly
Turn off jammer.
Cop's lights go off as they get a speed near the limit and they think their gun just malfunctioned.

Keep in mind the vast majority of times you get hit by a laser the cop is quite far away and so can only estimate your speed, which I've never seen hold up in court.

I mean, if the cop really really wanted to I'm sure he could follow me until he could prove I broke SOME traffic law, or pull me over and smash a tail-light or something, but in general cops don't know what jammers are, they just think their gun malfunctioned, so there's no reason to mess with me.
I understand why speed limits are there, but honestly California traffic laws suck man. TBH 65 on the freeway is preety damn slow. Most low end cars can handle speeds much higher and just as safe. I know some people who got pulled over in some exotic cars for going 5 over the speed limit. I understand public safety but when you have an exotic car its hard not to hit the gas once in a while and these cars are so fast that just a quick redline will get you over 100 mph, but it is what it is. It's worth getting a radar detector. I myself would never get a jammer.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by santacruzmg
Gursy- You are going to love it so much. I have driven so many diff cars and the R has something special about it and its just all fun!
I plan on doing a test drive soon. Sweet car man looks so sexy. I plan on getting that exact same color combo..

Old 01-15-2016, 06:47 PM

I understand why speed limits are there, but honestly California traffic laws suck man. TBH 65 on the freeway is preety damn slow. Most low end cars can handle speeds much higher and just as safe. I know some people who got pulled over in some exotic cars for going 5 over the speed limit. I understand public safety but when you have an exotic car its hard not to hit the gas once in a while and these cars are so fast that just a quick redline will get you over 100 mph, but it is what it is. It's worth getting a radar detector. I myself would never get a jammer.
Yeah, it's just as bad in Atlanta. There's a 6 lane in each direction highway where the speed limit is 45 mph. Anything less than 75 and you get run over by other cars. 90-100 feels perfectly safe.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 402 Posts

"Damn this traffic jam ... hurts my motor to go so slow" - James Taylor

Old 01-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Question about your rims ....

Hi ...
Just want to know, those are stock rims sprayed black, yes ? If so, what about the paint peeling over time. Last, if you don't mind how much ( approx $ price ) to paint rims. Thank you.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Hi ...
Just want to know, those are stock rims sprayed black, yes ? If so, what about the paint peeling over time. Last, if you don't mind how much ( approx $ price ) to paint rims. Thank you.
Those are powder coated, not spray painted.

Ubad2 (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

So is speeding.

PolkNole (01-16-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Hi ...
No not worried about peeling they are powder coated. If chip or peel ever I'll just get them done again. It was 125 a wheel.

Ubad2 (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 09:54 PM

I plan on doing a test drive soon. Sweet car man looks so sexy. I plan on getting that exact same color combo..
Thank u very much I was going to do white or black but ended up getting silver. I wanted to do silver and black combo instead all black.

Quick Reply: Why I hate my new Jaguar F type R