Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I hate my new Jaguar F type R

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 10:05 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by santacruzmg
No not worried about peeling they are powder coated. If chip or peel ever I'll just get them done again. It was 125 a wheel.
Okay, got it. I explained somewhere on this message board, I'm a layman , not a car expert like many of you guys. I totally forgot about power coating the rims. Thank you

Old 01-15-2016, 11:26 PM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Tornados come in silver or black from factory - I got the blacks

Old 01-16-2016, 01:25 AM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Greggbhill

Tornados come in silver or black from factory - I got the blacks
Very nice color combo to me it looks classy but really sporty. Have you driven the r before?

Old 01-16-2016, 01:52 AM
BMo
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks very nice Gregg!

The following users liked this post:
Greggbhill (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gursy
Hahahaha I'm planning on getting one. Should I look forward to getting tickets?
One of my fav thing about the R is nobody has any idea about these cars. It kinda feels like a well kept secret. Today I had someone wanting a piece in his 335i. He thought that his car was fast and had no idea what an r was. After I smoked him on the freeway he pulled up and asked what the hell was in this jaguar. He had never heard of an f type r before. His mouth dropped in shock as I passed him and dynamic mode was screaming. Like a dinosaur gargling hand gernades on the Gaza Strip. That's from this r car review video. Take a look great review you guys will get a kick out of this review deff my fav. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rjfIFjV8LHA

Uncle Fishbits (01-21-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 07:20 AM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Very nice color combo to me it looks classy but really sporty. Have you driven the r before?
@santacruzmg: You obviously have great taste!

I decided not to try the R - afraid I would want one - V6S was already pushing the limits of my better half's tolerance for my taste in cars :-)

I originally planned to order the silver with silver tornadoes, but this one showed up online the night before escrow closed on my funding source - so I jumped on it. I'm just past 1000 miles and can't wait to experience >4k rpms.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:15 AM

Thanks Greg- I am pretty lucky my fiancé tells me to get whatever makes me happy. We just are having our second child and I went out and bought a 2 seater lmao! All my friends asked "what's wrong with you" u need a sedan. I wanted to get something that is souly mine and be selfish and indulge in the power. Being a new dad driving the car is pretty much only free time I have. All other time is spent running businesses and with the family. So my jag r is my getaway car! Every guy with a family needs a car that is 100% his own with nobody else in mind. Also screw being practicle and responsible in this situation!

Last edited by santacruzmg; 01-16-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

One of my fav thing about the R is nobody has any idea about these cars. It kinda feels like a well kept secret. Today I had someone wanting a piece in his 335i. He thought that his car was fast and had no idea what an r was. After I smoked him on the freeway he pulled up and asked what the hell was in this jaguar. He had never heard of an f type r before. His mouth dropped in shock as I passed him and dynamic mode was screaming. Like a dinosaur gargling hand gernades on the Gaza Strip. That's from this r car review video. Take a look great review you guys will get a kick out of this review deff my fav. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rjfIFjV8LHA
I went from a 335i to the FTR and I can speak from first hand experience that its like night and day.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
Illegal in California? Yes. Not in all states. I don't know about highly illegal. I hear that said a lot, but I know a lot of people in California running laser jammers and not one has ever reported a problem, even when being stopped by police for other things.

A radar detector is good, but insufficient since the majority of encounters with traffic cops now are using laser.
Apocraphyl, but when I was in traffic school for my first ticket as a teen, I remember the instructor telling a story that a cop told him about a few cops on the Grapevine (Central Valley, CA), sleepy at night, that would have their radars tick off at about 125 or so each night approx 4a... and wouldn't see anything. I assume they could hear it.

It took weeks of setting up speed traps, but apparently the guy would drive from LA to SF around 3AM in a supercar (can't remember make) with night vision goggles.

Take the story for what it is. I hope it's real. LOL

Old 01-20-2016, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 586 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Apocraphyl, but when I was in traffic school for my first ticket as a teen, I remember the instructor telling a story that a cop told him about a few cops on the Grapevine (Central Valley, CA), sleepy at night, that would have their radars tick off at about 125 or so each night approx 4a... and wouldn't see anything. I assume they could hear it.

It took weeks of setting up speed traps, but apparently the guy would drive from LA to SF around 3AM in a supercar (can't remember make) with night vision goggles.

Take the story for what it is. I hope it's real. LOL
I heard a very similar story about a high speed car heading up I35 between Austin and Dallas. Story appears to be an urban legend.

Night Vision Glasses While Driving : snopes.com

Uncle Fishbits (01-21-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member

THIS THIS THIS THIS

No one knows it. It makes you fly under the radar, literally, a bit... I love it. It's so fun, and I am bonding with car enthusiasts rather than Jag or luxury / sport enthusiasts.

It's just a car that makes people happy, but it's still *just* starting to penetrate the market it seems.

Rather than getting looks from women, luxury car drivers, etc... it seems this car calls out to the 10 year old boy playing with transformers and GIJOES. =)

Old 01-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tijoe
I heard a very similar story about a high speed car heading up I35 between Austin and Dallas. Story appears to be an urban legend.

Night Vision Glasses While Driving : snopes.com
thanks. I never like to believe in lies, even if it's just good fun.

Supposing is good, but finding out is better.
- Mark Twain in Eruption; Mark Twain's Autobiography