Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish Me Luck

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 09:55 AM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts
Default Wish Me Luck

I have an appointment tomorrow for my 2d annual service and a few warranty issues.
First off, I'm hoping that the oil isn't overfilled this time as it was at the first annual service.
One of the items on my list is the infotainment update and I'm curious to see if that is done and if so, what effect it has.
As per usual I expect push back on a few items that should be covered under warranty.
My navigation system was in a malfunctioning state from Feb. 4 thru March 30 of this year, during which time it showed the location of my car anywhere from a few miles inland to a few miles out into the Atlantic Ocean. During this time it also failed to record Journeys in the Jaguar Remote app. Miraculously it self-corrected sometime on March 30 for no apparent reason--I did not attempt any resets of any kind, battery included, or anything else. Therefore, in keeping with my typical cynical nature I expect I'll get the "We could not replicate the problem" response. I expect the same response (or alternatively the "That's normal for the vehicle") for the itermittent appearance of the broken lines in the backup camera that defines the width of the car including mirrors; and also for the fact that the passenger outside mirror is not adjustable for range of dip as described in the manual.
I also do not anticipate any cooperation in warranty coverage of the misalignment of body panels either since its beyond the one year adjustment period, even though others who post here have had the adjustments made beyond one year under JTD00399NAS1.
I feel like hanging a "First Do No Harm" placard from the rearview based on what's happened to the car on other visits to the service department, but that would probably just p*ss 'em off enough to intentionally screw things up.
Anyhow, just venting in an effort to steel myself for the ensuing conflicts.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:00 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Okay, good luck!

Old 04-22-2020, 02:00 PM
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Good luck. The service guys don't stand a chance. It sounds like you are unhappy with the service before they even provide it.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:12 PM
Banned

I"ll provide a post mortem report when I get the car back. The service department at my dealership has yet to let me down in failing to meet even my low expectations.

Old 04-22-2020, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Ouch

Old 04-22-2020, 08:09 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
I have an appointment tomorrow for my 2d annual service and a few warranty issues.
First off, I'm hoping that the oil isn't overfilled this time as it was at the first annual service.
One of the items on my list is the infotainment update and I'm curious to see if that is done and if so, what effect it has.
As per usual I expect push back on a few items that should be covered under warranty.
My navigation system was in a malfunctioning state from Feb. 4 thru March 30 of this year, during which time it showed the location of my car anywhere from a few miles inland to a few miles out into the Atlantic Ocean. During this time it also failed to record Journeys in the Jaguar Remote app. Miraculously it self-corrected sometime on March 30 for no apparent reason--I did not attempt any resets of any kind, battery included, or anything else. Therefore, in keeping with my typical cynical nature I expect I'll get the "We could not replicate the problem" response. I expect the same response (or alternatively the "That's normal for the vehicle") for the itermittent appearance of the broken lines in the backup camera that defines the width of the car including mirrors; and also for the fact that the passenger outside mirror is not adjustable for range of dip as described in the manual.
I also do not anticipate any cooperation in warranty coverage of the misalignment of body panels either since its beyond the one year adjustment period, even though others who post here have had the adjustments made beyond one year under JTD00399NAS1.
I feel like hanging a "First Do No Harm" placard from the rearview based on what's happened to the car on other visits to the service department, but that would probably just p*ss 'em off enough to intentionally screw things up.
Anyhow, just venting in an effort to steel myself for the ensuing conflicts.
Let us know! Had the exact same issues with the oil being overfilled, and my nav is doing the same thing since picking it up from the oil change. Thinks I'm miles away from my actual location. Journeys are recorded, but each one begins and ends at my house.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:26 PM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

We lived in Charleston a little over a year ago and we never had an issue with the dealership there. Are you in Charleston, or Columbia? Only had the one service done on her F Pace and bought a few accessories though....

Old 04-23-2020, 07:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
We lived in Charleston a little over a year ago and we never had an issue with the dealership there. Are you in Charleston, or Columbia? Only had the one service done on her F Pace and bought a few accessories though....
Chucktown, and I've bought four new cars from that dealership since 2013, two Jags, one Merc and one Maz. The service departments at all three makes, which as you know are separate although co-located, suck in my experience.
I'm leaving for the self-inflicted horror in about half an hour. I could go to Columbia or Hilton Head, but I don't think its right to have other than the selling dealer perform the service work.

Last edited by fujicoupe; 04-23-2020 at 07:22 AM. Reason: yep
The following users liked this post:
JacksonvilleJag (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 07:49 AM
scm
Veteran Member

... I don't think it's right to have other than the selling dealer perform the service work.
I think it's right to let the dealer that seems to value your custom perform the service work. Otherwise, the poor dealers will never learn.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:47 PM
Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

Side question: will the car notify me that my annual maintenance is due? I've had mine for just under a year and not sure if I'm waiting for a notification to come up in the instrument cluster or if I'm meant to keep track myself..?

Old 04-23-2020, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fuzzysquid
Side question: will the car notify me that my annual maintenance is due? I've had mine for just under a year and not sure if I'm waiting for a notification to come up in the instrument cluster or if I'm meant to keep track myself..?
yes it will, using an algoritm taking into account mileage and time.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:55 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzysquid
On the older cars, there is no message. You can get your 3 included annual oil changes ±30 days of your car's in-service date. If you miss the window Jag won't do it and it cannot be entered in the computer even if you pay for it.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:09 PM
scm
Veteran Member

In my MY18 there's an option under Vehicle Information to show how many miles to the next service. Don't know about other MYs.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
On the older cars, there is no message. You can get your 3 included annual oil changes ±30 days of your car's in-service date. If you miss the window Jag won't do it and it cannot be entered in the computer even if you pay for it.
I have a 2014 V8S and I get a service message roughly the same time every year for the annual service.

The following users liked this post:
Paul_59 (04-26-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 07:44 AM
Banned

I found this interesting.
The dealer gave me a 2020 F-Type P300 as a loaner yesterday when I dropped my car off for service and warranty/recall/infotainment update issues.
My 2018 base model V-6 averaged 33.1 MPG for the 87 mile trip to and the four pot averaged 29.9 from the dealership.
I am not at all impressed with either the performance or sound of the four banger.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:48 AM
scm
Veteran Member

I am not at all impressed with either the performance or sound of the four banger.
I was similarly underwhelmed by the 4-pot I was loaned, it seems a bit underpowered for an F-Type. (Especially after a V8!)

Old 04-24-2020, 10:31 AM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

So how was this advertised "... our best in class, Jaguar EliteCare & New Vehicle Limited Warranty, 5-year/60,000-mile coverage..." ?

Service as good as their advertising?

I myself had pretty decent service my last 2 annual service, but always walked to BMW dealership's lounge next door, to visit my fav Salesman, now Sales Manager, who sold me my last 3 BMWs...

Old 04-24-2020, 10:43 AM
Received 173 Likes on 79 Posts

I"ll provide a post mortem report when I get the car back. The service department at my dealership has yet to let me down in failing to meet even my low expectations.
Most interested in what was done with your infotainment upgrade? Did it change anything?

Old 04-24-2020, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FeralSVR
Most interested in what was done with your infotainment upgrade? Did it change anything?
It's still at the dealership, but I'll post the results when I get it back. According to the service advisor the software update will cure every problem I presented them with except the virus.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:12 PM
Received 173 Likes on 79 Posts

When do you pick it up? Mine goes under the knife Monday.

"According to the service advisor the software update will cure every problem I presented them with except the virus."

Now I'm REALLY interested to see what happens when you get it back. What MY? Mine is the 2018...

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Wish Me Luck