F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wortec Rotor Group Buy 2022

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 08:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wortec Rotor Group Buy 2022

Starting a new thread to see if there's any group by interest for the Wortec RotorFrom Wortec:
We are currently looking to see if there is interest in a group buy to keep costs down both for us and you and have come up with the following offer:

We are looking at 5 sets of the following replacement for the OEM F Type rotors, that retains the use of the OEM calipers and e brake on the rear.

The discounted group buy price for a front and rear kit is:
Fronts are 380 x35mm & 7kg each lighter than the OEM and Rears are 376 x26mm & 2.5kg each lighter than the OEM £2,556.00
The above are plus delivery and VAT if applicable.
This price is for 5 orders of the above kits manufactured at the same time. Production will start once 5 orders are confirmed and payment has been received.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:12 AM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

I am and have another F type owner near me who's interested as well. I had posted the same details on a local DMV F type Facebook Group and looking to get a few more folks so that they can ship it to me and I can distribute, ship it or meet up (I go up ti NYC often).

I just got rear ended and working on getting another F type so I'm not in a huge rush. What's your timing?

Old 06-29-2022, 01:49 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I was going to post this message. I'm in. Been looking for a set for a long time.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:33 PM
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

These are the two piece rotors?

Old 07-01-2022, 03:07 PM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by takeapieandrun
These are the two piece rotors?
Yes,
If you look at the other threads on the Wortec Rotors you'll find plenty of photos and if you want to see them in person give me a holler and you can look at mine, I think you are close by.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by WayneB
Yes,
If you look at the other threads on the Wortec Rotors you'll find plenty of photos and if you want to see them in person give me a holler and you can look at mine, I think you are close by.
I've got them in the first GB also. I thought the stock rotors were like manhole covers; confirmed when I did the swap. Those suckers are heavy.

The following users liked this post:
datriani (07-07-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 01:41 PM

bump

Old 07-26-2022, 06:02 PM

Man, no one is interested in losing like 50+ pounds of unsprung weight anymore?

Old 07-26-2022, 08:06 PM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MisplacedPriorities
Ever since the original group buy back in 2018 there have been at least 3 maybe 4 attempts at a group buy (I tried to set one up) for Wortec rotors and only the original one went though. You would think that after 4 years since the original group buy that a least 5 to 10 more people would be interested in buying the Wortec Rotors at a nice discount, BUT NO not even close. That is why Wortec won't produce the rotors for our cars any more or stock them, It cost them to much money to produce them only to have them sit on their shelf for ever. There is just not enough real interest in the Jaguar comunity for High performance parts manufactures to make money or at least limited anyway.
By the way I do have Wortec Rotors on my car and love them and the company is great to do business with. But you put up a group buy and get 2 people and that includes the person that started it. Not very good.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:30 PM
Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

How many F-Types are tracked regularly, and the owner plans to continue tracking the car, and has the money for such an upgrade. I think it's a really small number, and some likely get away with the "good enough" solution of upgrading brake pads and fluid, The bottom line is that F-Types don't require a brake upgrade for any normal or even spirited driving.

Last edited by kb58; 07-26-2022 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kb58
How many F-Types are tracked regularly, and the owner plans to continue tracking the car, and has the money for such an upgrade. I think it's a really small number, and some likely get away with the "good enough" solution of upgrading brake pads and fluid, The bottom line is that F-Types don't require a brake upgrade for any normal or even spirited driving.
It's not so much an upgrade on the brakes as a significant reduction in unsprung rotating mass. Pads alone would have given me the change I was after in braking feel, but the weight difference is what got me into the first GB.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:38 PM
Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

Fair enough, but it's not surprising that 99.99% of owners are either not interested, happy with the car as it is, or don't realize the potential improvement in ride and perhaps acceleration due to such an upgrade. I come from a hardcore sports car background and am fully aware of what's going on, yet I can't justify the expense for the street, and anyone doing a brake upgrade is likely also changing the wheels, so the whole thing is getting up around $5K. For me, it's just sort of "meh", especially because both the ride and acceleration - on the street - is sufficient for me, and I suspect for the vast majority of owners, hence the very small pool of interest.

Last edited by kb58; 07-27-2022 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kb58
Fair enough, but it's not surprising that 99.99% of owners are either not interested, happy with the car as it is, or don't realize the potential improvement in ride and perhaps acceleration due to such an upgrade. I come from a hardcore sports car background and am fully aware of what's going on, yet I can't justify the expense for the street, and anyone doing a brake upgrade is likely also changing the wheels, so the whole thing is getting up around $5K. For me, it's just sort of "meh", especially because both the ride and acceleration - on the street - is sufficient for me, and I suspect for the vast majority of owners, hence the very small pool of interest.
I understand that it's for the street, but it's a noticeable improvement, especially with the pad replacement. I guess the real reason might be that I have a brake fetish, so don't kink-shame me.

Old 07-28-2022, 06:45 PM
EdG
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I am thinking about it but I have a V6S and I believe I have small rear rotors. Could i just get the front rotors?

Old 08-24-2022, 05:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be interested to join this group buy, but I don't live in the states. I live in the United Arab Emirates. Would they be able to arrange separate shipping for one of the sets?

Old 08-24-2022, 09:11 AM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

If you can get replacements in the size for the ceramic discs, I'd be in. I believe the are 390 x 32 mm and 420 x 40 mm.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 668 Likes on 451 Posts

Watch out for my used set off my XKR shortly to be for sale in market place.

I've had them on for 3yrs and no wear with 18k miles, also of interest is that they don't eat brake pads, as my EBC red aren't even half worn.

Only selling as my R is going soon. Oh, and they were 42lbs lighter than the worn OEM's that came off, so suspect will be 45lbs+ lighter than a new OEM set,

Pic of them new below

Old 10-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by MisplacedPriorities
At £2500 , Id be fitting OEMs and saving my money and having a good holiday and session of pints

Old 10-24-2022, 03:14 PM
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

If they offered a lighter open caliper, I would join the group buy. I think PB brakes are the way to go because you get the lightweight two-piece rotor as well as the open lighter style caliper. I believe you can get the kits for front and rear for around 5k. Just my opinion

Old 10-25-2022, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by pab74
If they offered a lighter open caliper, I would join the group buy. I think PB brakes are the way to go because you get the lightweight two-piece rotor as well as the open lighter style caliper. I believe you can get the kits for front and rear for around 5k. Just my opinion
The stock calipers look like big, heavy lumps but are really not that heavy. I was surprised when I did my rotors and pads. I still wish they were at least 4-piston Brembos though. It's not like they don't have those in the JLR parts bin.

Quick Reply: Wortec Rotor Group Buy 2022