F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth it and would you do it again?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

Originally Posted by kb58
We've had our F-type for, what, four months now and often leave it in the garage, taking the truck instead. Why? Lack of storage space for even just groceries, which is a little disappointing, honestly. Yes I know there are "solutions", like "Go twice as often and buy half as much." Haven't made that lifestyle adjustment as of yet.
Is yours' a coupe? i have the coupe, and after I pulled out the spare there is heaps of room for groceries (small family), though I couldnt buy a month's grog and groceries in the same trip. For grog I can fit in a carton of beer and 3 X 6 bottle cases of sparking and have a bit of room left over. For groceries I can fit in maybe 8 enviro type bags of stuff, though once or twice I've had to pop something in the front seat as well. No chance with big boxes though.

The XKR was probably a bit better, the trunk was smaller but you could put things in the back seat, but realistically I was pretty impressed with what I could get into the boot of the f Type, it was really my packhorse for 5 years before I got the Mustang.

Old 08-30-2022, 08:39 PM
Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by kb58
We've had our F-type for, what, four months now and often leave it in the garage, taking the truck instead. Why? Lack of storage space for even just groceries, which is a little disappointing, honestly. Yes I know there are "solutions", like "Go twice as often and buy half as much." Haven't made that lifestyle adjustment as of yet.
Sorry, didn't answer the thread's question. I have no plans to sell our F-Type, and if something happened to it, I'd consider another, depending how much I got from insurance.

Old 08-31-2022, 06:23 AM
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

It’s been worth it to me. So far no big problems, and items still under warranty. I love the car. I only wish Jag was continuing to develop and improve the ICE F-Type. I believe they could have tweaked and upgraded this spectacular vehicle even more than they have, but alas, I think what we have now will be as good as it gets, and I’m not interested in an EV.

Barring any showstoppers I will keep this car a long time, especially since there won’t be another new one by the time I’m ready. So, although not a fan of the new front end, I may look at a gently-used 2023 V8 when the time comes.