F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA
JTB00537NAS1 - Buzzing Sound From Tweeter Speakers
What's the betting that the NA stands for North America...dammit!

I don't suppose you have the PDF copy so I can check? If I spend the £12 it costs for 1 hour of access to Topix, I already know I'll be sorely disappointed when I read North America at the top

Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Since this is one is beat to death and I'm sure Jaguar and the dealers are sick of us complaining LOL

Trust me its for your !

Why this is not UK bound I have no idea

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
X152 AAM Update.pdf (461.3 KB, 885 views)
The following 4 users liked this post by MaximA:
CaptainHam (12-19-2016), deltagroup (02-18-2017), domino_z (01-14-2017), F12guy (12-19-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by MaximA
Since this is one is beat to death and I'm sure Jaguar and the dealers are sick of us complaining LOL

Trust me its for your !

Why this is not UK bound I have no idea
You, good Sir, are my hero and Santa all rolled into one...thank you so much.

As expected, "NA only" is all over it so you saved me a wasted cost on Topix. I shall now continue with my campaign of harassment against Jag UK, I ain't giving up on this one and I intend to be a constant pain in the a$$ to them over this.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Amen! Merry Xmas and Happy New Year! It's about time, I will bring it to the dealership at first light

Old 01-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

So I called 4 dealers in the LA area- no one has heard of this when speaking to the service advisers by phone...

Old 01-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Received 400 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by midlifefun
So I called 4 dealers in the LA area- no one has heard of this when speaking to the service advisers by phone...
I've mentioned this in previous posts. Service advisors are typically not technical people. They won't know every single bulletin that gets published. Your best best is taking a copy of the bulletin that someone posted a few posts up. If your VIN is under that range, then you are good.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I just talked with my Service Advisor asking him to add this bulletin to my upcoming one year service.
He told me that they cannot just add bulletins unless they can recreate the issue.
So, I repeated the "Issue" from the posted bulletin and told him to recreate it if they can and then update the AAM.
Has anyone received this runaround from their dealer on this or any other bulletin?

Larry

Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got back from my dealer. I told the SA that I had a buzzing noise coming from the tweeters, and he looked in Topix and found JTB00537NAS1. The service department applied that TB (as well as the O2 sensor stuff), and I drove an hour back home...

The sound system is MUCH better! Maybe not perfect, but it's a huge upgrade.

Thank you to the folks that persisted through this. And if somebody in Colorado is looking for a shop that's willing to do it, call up Nick at Stevinson Imports in Littleton.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
I just talked with my Service Advisor asking him to add this bulletin to my upcoming one year service.
He told me that they cannot just add bulletins unless they can recreate the issue.
So, I repeated the "Issue" from the posted bulletin and told him to recreate it if they can and then update the AAM.
Has anyone received this runaround from their dealer on this or any other bulletin?

Larry
This alone was worth the weeks of late nights and reflashing then testing. It's a piece of software it's not going to hurt your car and buzzing is going to be subjective.

My dealer wouldn't give me that run around, the car needs it. Try to find someone else, if you were in my area I'd happily do it. Takes 30 minutes of which 20 is installing the new software.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:57 AM
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bwco
I just got back from my dealer. I told the SA that I had a buzzing noise coming from the tweeters, and he looked in Topix and found JTB00537NAS1. The service department applied that TB (as well as the O2 sensor stuff), and I drove an hour back home...

The sound system is MUCH better! Maybe not perfect, but it's a huge upgrade.

Thank you to the folks that persisted through this. And if somebody in Colorado is looking for a shop that's willing to do it, call up Nick at Stevinson Imports in Littleton.
Very glad to hear. That was my observation as well, big difference but not perfect. I can live with it now.

It took a lot of perseverance but it worked out. Now I just need Jaguar to help fix some of my f-type issues Fortunately working with the same JNA person that helped recognize and apply the stereo fix.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too just took my car in for the stereo issue on a 2017 f type with the 770w.

They said it was a software update that fixes it...so tomorrow I will see if thats what does the trick to get rid of the broken sound.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Took mine to JLR Bellevue two days ago for the fix along with a rattle in the headboard. Handed the tech the paper and was briefly questioned about how I found out about the fix. They had the car overnight and took care of both issues. Huge difference from before, if anyone is in western Washington they are aware of the fix and willing to do it without any hassle.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 07:20 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

Tried to get this done here in Australia

Went in for my first service and dealer couldn't find the tsb on topix so couldn't do it - I completely forgot I had printed off the tab from this thread, so I'll go back and give it another go

There was a tsb to flash the service required counter which they did and natch is telling me I'm due for a service lol

Old 01-14-2017, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by domino_z
Tried to get this done here in Australia

Went in for my first service and dealer couldn't find the tsb on topix so couldn't do it - I completely forgot I had printed off the tab from this thread, so I'll go back and give it another go

There was a tsb to flash the service required counter which they did and natch is telling me I'm due for a service lol
The TSB is specific to North America so I'd be surprised if you can get it done. I've been harassing Jag UK about this but I'm assured it's because some part of the stereo/radio system is NA-specific.

So I'm back to the option of spending £££ on a 3rd party audio upgrade if I ever want to get it truly sorted.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:28 PM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

A special thanks to all who pushed JLR to address this stereo issue. I stopped by JLR of Alpharetta GA earlier this week and had the software update applied. Amazing difference, very happy, no issues with JLR dealership, I specified the service bulletin when scheduling my appointment online, in and out in 90 minutes.

What are the optimal settings for the bass, sub and treble for classic rock, metal and maybe some occasional Adel? How about the fader?

Old 01-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Ok...I am happy to report, that my 2 year saga of the stereo issue has been fully resolved today, as a result of the recent TSB! Yup, I can hardly believe it...

This was my cars 4th trip in to attempt to get it resolved and this did it (dynomat, tape, replaced speakers, replaced amp along the way) & as many suspected, it was likely software all along (which is what the tsb modifies).

It has completely resolved the annoying 'tweeter buzz' noise. I would say that beyond the elimination of the buzzing (wrong frequencies going to the tweeter), the overall stereo sounds better as well.

I would say that the stereo is 'good', not a 'great' stereo, but I'm sure this is the quality that was intended out of the system. I am completely fine with it. This car is awesome and the stereo was just a nagging annoyance that just was just really unfortunate.

Still very disappointed on how JNA handled the issue, on the whole! It was constant avoidance/denial, when there was obviously something wrong with many vehicles. They have a long way to go to be competitive with the more proven manufacturers in this area (customer satisfaction/service)....but, it's water under the bridge at this point for me. I'm just happy I've got the killer crackle of the exhaust, PLUS a decent sounding stereo for when i need/want that.

Now...in an ironic twist of fate. After picking up the car from the dealership this afternoon and giving it a nice drive to test the stereo (and enjoy a sunny day finally), I was on the freeway, when a piece of drywall flew out of a construction truck ahead of me (over one lane) and smacked the R right in the nose! I couldn't believe it. It happened so fast...i didn't even want to pull over and look, as i knew I took a direct hit (nothing i could do to avoid)! when I did...yup, front bumper and grill damage! Sh*t

I had a full clear bra on the car and that did seem to reduce a fair amount of the damage, but not completely unfortunately. drywall went right thru in a few spots and caused scratches/gouges and also broke the lower part of the honeycomb grill). Unbelievable!

Oh well, no one was hurt fortunately, but i will be out my deductible on a claim and without the car for 6+ days (estimated). Such a buzz-kill on an otherwise great day.

Anyway...for the many of you that have been having the stereo issue, get your car scheduled for the TSB and enjoy how the stereo had meant to sound! ...and, be careful on that test drive! ;-)

Old 02-15-2017, 08:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As extra info it seems like this fix is now also released for other countries then NA. I have found the JTB00537V2 released for Europe on the 26th of January 2017. Going to let the dealer perform this update next time.

The following users liked this post:
CaptainHam (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by TonCoronel
I have found the JTB00537V2 released for Europe on the 26th of January 2017. Going to let the dealer perform this update next time.
Does anyone have the PDF for this? Every time I get my hopes up and pay for a short Topic sub, I'm always disappointed (so far, hoping this is the one for the UK though!).

Old 02-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only have the dutch version of the document... you could access the topix website yourself, pay around 10 euro to search the tech bulitens and download it yourself.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:39 PM

Here's the English version of JTB00537V2.

JTB00537v2 - Buzzing Sound From Tweeter Speaker _ TOPIx.pdf

This is what really gets my goat. Ever since the US/CA version of this note was released, I've had several conversations with Jag UK, including insisting that they actually speak to the technical department about this rather than just fobbing me off as they were doing.

Eventually, the response back from Technical was, apparently, "NA cars have different hardware hence why it only applies to them", when all along somebody somewhere in JLR has been working on this non-US version.

I only just took the car in to get the scratched window bulletin applied, I could have had this done at the same time but now I have to go back again.

P1$$e$ me off!!!

The following 4 users liked this post by CaptainHam:
Cambo (02-15-2017), deltagroup (02-18-2017), Jiggaman (10-24-2017), OzXFR (02-15-2017)

Quick Reply: Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!