F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 05:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
You might *think* it sounds ok, but you're wrong!!
+1. I too thought it was fine and it didn't bother me in the least. However, once the update was applied, I was blown away by the difference. Even my wife commented that it is now easier to understand the comedians on the satellite comedy station, and she had no clue that I had the fix done. The sound now fills the entire cabin, not just around the perimeter.

Last edited by Unhingd; 04-14-2017 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi all.... is this solution for all models, or just the 770 watt system?

Old 04-14-2017, 10:11 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by pjr300
Hi all.... is this solution for all models, or just the 770 watt system?
Coupes with 770w system only.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:15 AM

Thank you. I seem to recall reading of issues and/or dissatisfaction with the 380 watt system as well, and wasn't sure if this fix addressed that one too.

Sorry for the noob questions. My F Type is scheduled to arrive next week (hopefully).

Old 04-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by pjr300
Sorry for the noob questions. My F Type is scheduled to arrive next week (hopefully).
Don't be sorry, we were all noobs once! Bet you can't wait to take delivery.

Friendly and knowledgeable bunch here, the (vast) majority don't bite!

Old 04-14-2017, 10:31 AM

frothing.... can't wait! (2014 S V8 in Firesand, with Black Pack and other goodies).

Old 04-14-2017, 10:36 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,146 Likes on 1,436 Posts

Hmmm, guess I'm stuck with very mediocre sound in a 380W convertible.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Bass was still buzzing some this morning, car sat outside overnight and it was 37 degrees so don't know if it affected the speaker flexibility. It sounded better with same music on the way home after being inside a heated garage.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:42 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Got my car back from JAG service dept yesterday. They did the update (770W) and it made a world of a difference!!!! I still prefer the exhaust music, but now I dont cringe when I play some tunes!

Old 04-22-2017, 06:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What Do You Guys Think

First - thanks for the info in this thread. From day 1 my new 2017 R (love the car) had a rattle in the driver's door w/o stereo on mid-door and huge rattle vibration behind driver's seat with stereo on. The more base the more vibe. Printed on several posts from this thread and reviewed them with the service tech. I KNOW THE FIX HAS NOT BEEN MADE OFFICIAL BY JAG. Sorry to yell but wanted to nip that in the bud. They poured over the info from this thread for 45 min and ok we'll call you when we've had a chance to analyze. 2 days later they called "there is a fix kit of stuff being sent from the UK. The data info you gave us from your forum will not fix the problem. We'll call you next and update you once the parts arrive from the UK.

Sorry for the maybe too much detail but what do you guys think. Thx AJ

Old 04-22-2017, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member

The problem most of been complaining about was made "official" via a Technical Service Bulletin and is a software fix. It may be that the software fix was applied to your car at the factory? And you have a different issue?

Old 04-23-2017, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by AlamoJake
First - thanks for the info in this thread. From day 1 my new 2017 R (love the car) had a rattle in the driver's door w/o stereo on mid-door and huge rattle vibration behind driver's seat with stereo on. The more base the more vibe. Printed on several posts from this thread and reviewed them with the service tech. I KNOW THE FIX HAS NOT BEEN MADE OFFICIAL BY JAG. Sorry to yell but wanted to nip that in the bud. They poured over the info from this thread for 45 min and ok we'll call you when we've had a chance to analyze. 2 days later they called "there is a fix kit of stuff being sent from the UK. The data info you gave us from your forum will not fix the problem. We'll call you next and update you once the parts arrive from the UK.

Sorry for the maybe too much detail but what do you guys think. Thx AJ
Very difficult to weigh in here, as there may "could be" a lot of other stuff going on here. However I see you are from Jersey. You could have only gone to a few dealers and this cannot be Paul Miller(formally Madison Jaguar). I would call Steve of Paul Miller (service manager) and tell him the situation. He and his team did mine and many others, and the fix in this thread is spot on to fixing the stereo problem. Thus the reason I started the thread. It worked! I won't jump to any conclusions but there is a lot more swimming through my head that does nothing to fixing your stereo. This is my suggestion! Good Luck

Old 04-23-2017, 09:19 AM

slojotaa - thanks very much for the advisement. The dealer is Prestige on Rt 17 in Paramus. I think the best course is for me to have Prestige do their thing and if it doesn't work (which from what I'm reading in this forum will probably be the result) then I'll give Steve a call. I'll keep you posted and again thank you for all your hard work in keeping up with this thread. I haven't been able to use the stereo since I got the car in late Feb and this thread gives me hope!!!!!! AJ

Old 04-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by AlamoJake
"...I haven't been able to use the stereo since I got the car in late Feb and this thread gives me hope!!!!!! AJ"
Not being able to use your stereo sure seems like more than the recent software patch to me (a fix which, as you've read on this thread, enriched the sound for many of us), especially when they say, "a fix kit of stuff" is on the way. It would be interesting to know whether the software patch was part of the upcoming fix.

That said, I agree with slojotaa that diagnosis is really needed to validate the problem/fix. Good luck on the solution, AJ, and please do keep us posted.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:11 PM

Thanks DG - I might have mislead. I can use the stereo and all the features work fine. I should have said - I can't use the stereo because the vibration noise in the door and speakers make me nuts. This was present 10 minutes after I left the dealership when taking delivery of the car. I will keep you posted.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by deltagroup
Not being able to use your stereo sure seems like more than the recent software patch to me (a fix which, as you've read on this thread, enriched the sound for many of us), especially when they say, "a fix kit of stuff" is on the way. It would be interesting to know whether the software patch was part of the upcoming fix.

That said, I agree with slojotaa that diagnosis is really needed to validate the problem/fix. Good luck on the solution, AJ, and please do keep us posted.
Anytime. One more thing. Since you explained further your problem, I wouldn't have them do any surgery at all. I would get the software fix first and see what this yields. We all had similar problems and this software fix precluded opening anything at all. The potential (although slim) chance of damaging something else enters the picture. Software did if for me, same symptoms etc.! Good Luck!

Old 04-24-2017, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by slojotaa
I would get the software fix first and see what this yields.
+1. The software update is a half hour fix and worth attempting first if it avoids the hours of disassembling the door and applying the dynamat and whatever else is in that "kit". Before the update is applied , frequencies are being sent to the wrong speakers, potentially overdriving them and causing the speakers themselves to buzz and vibrate.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member

My test of the fixed system and satisfaction is to be able to play the two cds below on fairly high volume with bass and subwoofer at above midpoint setting. Whether or not you like the type of music, it'll put the system through its paces from lows to highs. The Los Loney Boys cd is one of the better produced albums I've heard in this genre. Couldn't stand playing either of these before the fix.

Queen Greatist Hits, 04 edition, Hollywood Records and Los Loney Boys (debut album).

Old 04-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Had anyone had this applied to a 2017 coupe? If so did it do anything? Curious to know what your symptoms were.

When I read everything described I don't really feel like my stereo falls into the same category. It simply doesn't have good bass response. When you throw any heavy bass at it the entire rear bulkhead rattles like a 1985 chrysler. I've never heard the tweeters buzz. It doesn't sound muffled.

I think the stereo sucks, but could it be that everyone getting this update on older cars is just now arriving at my level of suck?

Hesitate to have it applied anyway because NTAV posted a few pages back that it made his much worse.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Nati
Had anyone had this applied to a 2017 coupe? If so did it do anything? Curious to know what your symptoms were.

When I read everything described I don't really feel like my stereo falls into the same category. It simply doesn't have good bass response. When you throw any heavy bass at it the entire rear bulkhead rattles like a 1985 chrysler. I've never heard the tweeters buzz. It doesn't sound muffled.

I think the stereo sucks, but could it be that everyone getting this update on older cars is just now arriving at my level of suck?

Hesitate to have it applied anyway because NTAV posted a few pages back that it made his much worse.
The symptoms you describe on your 2017 are exactly what mine were on my 2016. Bulkhead and door rattles with bass turned up, crappy portable radio sound quality with no midrange presence. NTAV's report also delayed my run at the dealer. The result from the update is outstanding. Not Gryphon quality, but will stand up to a Bose or Harmann Kardon system.

Quick Reply: Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!