F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xc road trip

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations on your trip and entertaining posts. I followed your progress with interest and suspect most of the forum members have been more than a little jealous of the chance to drive the cat through such amazing country and for so many miles! Congratulations also on avoiding any speeding tickets, I'm not sure how you managed that.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by necoblitz
Congratulations on your trip and entertaining posts. I followed your progress with interest and suspect most of the forum members have been more than a little jealous of the chance to drive the cat through such amazing country and for so many miles! Congratulations also on avoiding any speeding tickets, I'm not sure how you managed that.
As I suggested in my earlier post, omgomg was:

Fortunate
Skillful
Lucky

IMO

Oh yes, he was also:

Happy

Sorry omgomg for speaking for you...

Old 03-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road trip to FL

Originally Posted by omgomg
A major issue with Skyline Drive (I drove a bit on it on my trip, as my uncle lives very close to a part of it, and I grew up near it) is that the speed limit is very low, and they are very strict about it - and if they bust you, it is like a Federal thing due to being a park or something - much bigger deal than speeding on the interstate.

I of course didn't know this and blew through it making lots of noise, and just got lucky. Found out after the fact how lucky I got.

As already noted, lots of luck in general.
We passed on SKYLINE drive due to weather but got in front of the storm that hit the DC area on 3/6. Very impressed with the JAG in rain, wipers and traction were excellent.

Shout out to Cori Ridley @ West Palm Jaguar/Aston Marten for offering her dealer car wash service, the timing was perfect!! We met Cori in her Red F-type at a red light......serendipity!!

We took her advice and cruised A1A with the top down until we got to deerfiled, FL and stayed over night.

Pulled over once but only received a warning, not sure what i did to deserve that.

The following users liked this post:
omgomg (03-16-2015)