F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xpel installed, tweaked the look - F-Type R Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017 | 05:43 PM
Default Say Yes to PPF

Originally Posted by Sinjen
When I got my F-Type, I had in mind a look I've always loved on particular cars. I know matte/satin (especially black) isn't very creative, but I love it. I had my wheels powder coated gloss black, and just got the car back after having Xpel installed. The body panels are Xpel Stealth (translucent), and the front splitter, rear diffuser, side skirts, mirrors, hood vents, and roof strip (piece aft of the glass roof) and window trim are all wrapped in Xpel Ultimate (transparent). I may black out the exhaust tips and badges too, along with possibly having the calipers painted blue (I'm not a fan of red anything, really) but I'm just happy to have it back right now. Between leaving it at the dealer for the powder coating (included as part of my purchase deal, along with putting on winter tires), and the 9 days it took to get the the film installed, it's actually been out of my hands nearly as long as it's been in my possession since I got it the week of Thanksgiving. I just tipped over 1k miles, so halfway through break-in.

Anyone who's in CT, check out Panache Autowerkes in Stratford. They're good guys and do good work. They're taking the car back for a day in a week to do a 'review' of how the film is curing/settling and will address an issues that arise. The film has a 10 year warranty from Xpel, and they assure me it includes labor, too. While I won't have the car but for a fraction of that time, it gives some peace of mind.

I can't wash it for at least a week, so I'll post more pics when I get it clean. I'm very happy with how it came out.

This looks absolutely fantastic! Thank you for choosing XPEL to protect your beautiful Jaguar. We love how STEALTH hugs those body lines making this already stunning car even better looking.

If interested, email me your address and t-shirt size so I can send an XPEL swag pack. - mdobbins@xpel.com -

Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have.

Regards,

Michael Dobbins
Marketing Manager
XPEL Technologies Corp.
mdobbins@xpel.com

Old 12-19-2017 | 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I’m confused about why there are so many things wrong with this raptor...
^^^What he said, times 10!

Old 12-19-2017 | 07:42 PM

Someone else on the forum had the satin black wrap and then added HRE wheels in satin bronze. Looked almost as good as my car

Old 12-19-2017 | 08:46 PM

On most cars, haven’t been a big fan of matte/satin black —that being said I surprised myself looking at your pics. I really like it paired with those rims nice job enjoy!

Old 12-20-2017 | 07:25 AM
Banned

I’m confused about why there are so many things wrong with this raptor...
Probably the fact that the picture was taken mid build.

Old 12-20-2017 | 08:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sts-v
Probably the fact that the picture was taken mid build.
What was being built? Looks like a stock F150 with raptor body panels put on.

The following users liked this post:
FType17 (12-24-2017)
Old 12-20-2017 | 08:20 AM
|
Banned

What was being built? Looks like a stock F150 with raptor body panels put on.
Lol...I was going to ask same question...

Old 12-20-2017 | 08:42 AM
Banned

Its an F150 platinum with raptor panels, Ford GT Turbos, 7" lift 37" tires catless down pipes bigger intercooler etc.

Old 12-20-2017 | 08:45 AM
Veteran Member

Its an F150 platinum with raptor panels, Ford GT Turbos, 7" lift 37" tires catless down pipes bigger intercooler etc.
So not a Raptor at all, got it. That's cool. Can't get any off-roaders with a diesel, so might as well make one yourself I guess.

Old 12-20-2017 | 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sinjen
When I got my F-Type, I had in mind a look I've always loved on particular cars. I know matte/satin (especially black) isn't very creative, but I love it. I had my wheels powder coated gloss black, and just got the car back after having Xpel installed. The body panels are Xpel Stealth (translucent), and the front splitter, rear diffuser, side skirts, mirrors, hood vents, and roof strip (piece aft of the glass roof) and window trim are all wrapped in Xpel Ultimate (transparent). I may black out the exhaust tips and badges too, along with possibly having the calipers painted blue (I'm not a fan of red anything, really) but I'm just happy to have it back right now. Between leaving it at the dealer for the powder coating (included as part of my purchase deal, along with putting on winter tires), and the 9 days it took to get the the film installed, it's actually been out of my hands nearly as long as it's been in my possession since I got it the week of Thanksgiving. I just tipped over 1k miles, so halfway through break-in.

Anyone who's in CT, check out Panache Autowerkes in Stratford. They're good guys and do good work. They're taking the car back for a day in a week to do a 'review' of how the film is curing/settling and will address an issues that arise. The film has a 10 year warranty from Xpel, and they assure me it includes labor, too. While I won't have the car but for a fraction of that time, it gives some peace of mind.

I can't wash it for at least a week, so I'll post more pics when I get it clean. I'm very happy with how it came out.

That looks amazing. Congrats!
that looks terrible #rip

What year platinum? Any interior shots?
So not a Raptor at all, got it. That's cool. Can't get any off-roaders with a diesel, so might as well make one yourself I guess.
f150 doesn't come with diesel. So its actually a luxury model with the same engine but less power and worse body panels and zero offroad capability. Why not just buy an actual raptor for all the money that would go into this?

Old 12-20-2017 | 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ScottD
That looks amazing. Congrats!

that looks terrible #rip

What year platinum? Any interior shots?

f150 doesn't come with diesel. So its actually a luxury model with the same engine but less power and worse body panels and zero offroad capability. Why not just buy an actual raptor for all the money that would go into this?
Yeah I got a build thread going on here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...or-2017-a.html

It's a 2011 platinum wreck that I did a 17+ raptor conversion on. It's a 3.5L twin turbo with ford GT turbos so it's actually more power than a raptor. I wanted something different for a spare DD, but you are right. I have close to used 2017 raptor pricing into it currently, but it is modified the way I like.

Old 12-20-2017 | 09:44 AM
Veteran Member

You're right, I was thinking F250. My mind always jumps immediately to power wagon and its competitors when thinking off-road trucks.

Now I'm back to having no idea why someone would do that.

Old 12-20-2017 | 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

It's a 2011 platinum wreck that I did a 17+ raptor conversion on. It's a 3.5L twin turbo with ford GT turbos so it's actually more power than a raptor. I wanted something different for a spare DD, but you are right. I have close to used 2017 raptor pricing into it currently, but it is modified the way I like.
Hopefully you put the right wheels on it

Old 12-20-2017 | 09:50 AM

You're right, I was thinking F250. My mind always jumps immediately to power wagon and its competitors when thinking off-road trucks.

An F250 with 6.7 converted the right way would be amazing.

This build is the opposite of that

Old 12-20-2017 | 09:51 AM
Banned

I dont want to continue to derail this gentlemans thread, but there are many reasons "why." One.. Diddnt think I'd have 40k+ into it when I was done. Two, knew the capability of the 3.5L twin turbo ecoboost when modified (why is why its in the new raptor.) Three, I wanted a platinum with all the features, which the raptor doesnt come with. Four, I wanted one modified anyhow, so for the same price as buying used it'll have everything to my specification. etc

Old 12-20-2017 | 10:00 AM

I dont want to continue to derail this gentlemans thread, but there are many reasons "why." One.. Diddnt think I'd have 40k+ into it when I was done. Two, knew the capability of the 3.5L twin turbo ecoboost when modified (why is why its in the new raptor.) Three, I wanted a platinum with all the features, which the raptor doesnt come with. Four, I wanted one modified anyhow, so for the same price as buying used it'll have everything to my specification. etc
New Ford GT turbos or old? What kind of boost should they put out? What do those kind of turbos cost?

Old 12-20-2017 | 10:06 AM
|
Banned

Looks like Mr. Scott D found the wrong forum...

anyway...thanks for the input, guys.

Old 12-20-2017 | 10:07 AM
Banned

New Ford GT turbos or old? What kind of boost should they put out? What do those kind of turbos cost?
New Ford GT Turbos. Full Race makes them. Got them from Gas Monkey Garage... they are $2300. They flow an additional +15 lb/min airflow over stock.

Old 12-20-2017 | 04:01 PM

Mind sharing what the powder coating cost and where you had it done? Also, some more pics of the wheels would be great - I've got the same wheels and thinking about having them done in black as well.

Old 12-20-2017 | 04:11 PM
|
Banned

The powder coating was done by a shop called Mass Wheels Works. It was actually included with my purchase as I negotiated that and a set of winter tires into the deal. Earlier in the day, I had mentioned I liked the black better, and the sales guy said they contracted out to a shop that "did it better than Jaguar from the factory" (of course). He said it was $725. I think that $725 is the dealer tacking on a few bucks for themselves. Going direct, I'd guess it's around $500-$600 from the same shop. My buddy contacted them to get his M4's winter wheels done and they quoted him $500 I believe. Those are 18s, vs these 20s FYI. They did a spectacular job. I'll post more pics when I get the car cleaned.

Last edited by Sinjen; 12-20-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Xpel installed, tweaked the look - F-Type R Coupe