F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yeah, But Does Your Dealer Do This?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts
Default Yeah, But Does Your Dealer Do This?

You know that letter, or card, which you receive after purchasing your automobile which usually reads, “Welcome to the [insert dealer’s name here] family”? Maybe you also received a pen, a set of lug nuts, or “what-nots”, etc.? Well, how’s this for a [my] brilliant dealership. I wasn’t asked or was told but my dealership—Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough, ME—ordered me an “employee only” winter jacket and had it hand-delivered to my house this morning? And...I bought my V6S F-Type over 6 years ago!

If that’s not outstanding customer service—even if I am part of the Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough, ME family—I don’t know what is.

From the GM on down, all are not only a great group of people but friends. And in some people’s opinion, that’s even better than family!

Thank you very much Ron & Co. and all of your team!
Jay

The following 9 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
19FRG (12-19-2020), Carbuff2 (12-18-2020), Cluck (12-18-2020), GGG (12-19-2020), jaguny (12-18-2020), Mbourne (12-18-2020), Phantomf4collector (11-16-2021), Ron McIntyre (02-20-2021), Thunder Dump (12-18-2020) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-18-2020, 01:36 PM
Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Now that's great service! The jacket looks great and your friend seems to be happy with it as well How a dealership treats you after the sale or the warranty runs out is the true test of a good dealership IMO.

Old 12-18-2020, 03:13 PM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

That is not good service, that's legendary service. The bottom line, it's working evidenced by this thread and the eleven (probably more) people that you will share the experience with. I have three new cars in the garage, two of which are JLR's. It's cold up here in Lake Tahoe and I'm on my own in doing something about it!

Thanks for sharing...

The following 2 users liked this post by Tahoe Dave:
Ron McIntyre (02-20-2021), schuss (12-21-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Great jacket! As I’ve noted before I find the Scarborough dealership to be outstanding and this just continues to reinforce why when I’m ever within a hundred miles of the place I’ll stop.

The following users liked this post:
Ron McIntyre (02-20-2021)
Old 12-19-2020, 12:03 AM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
You know that letter, or card, which you receive after purchasing your automobile which usually reads, “Welcome to the [insert dealer’s name here] family”? Maybe you also received a pen, a set of lug nuts, or “what-nots”, etc.? Well, how’s this for a [my] brilliant dealership. I wasn’t asked or was told but my dealership—Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough, ME—ordered me an “employee only” winter jacket and had it hand-delivered to my house this morning? And...I bought my V6S F-Type over 6 years ago!

If that’s not outstanding customer service—even if I am part of the Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough, ME family—I don’t know what is.

From the GM on down, all are not only a great group of people but friends. And in some people’s opinion, that’s even better than family!

Thank you very much Ron & Co. and all of your team!
Jay

Hey! You stole my dog😂 I wonder if they are from the same breeder. We had ours flown from PA about 2 years ago.

Last edited by 19FRG; 12-19-2020 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:11 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

..... my dealership—Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough, ME—ordered me an “employee only” winter jacket and had it hand-delivered to my house .....
Did Ron tell you which shifts you'll be covering over the holiday period?

Graham

Mbourne (12-19-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GGG
Did Ron tell you which shifts you'll be covering over the holiday period?

Graham
Downshifts.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-19-2020 at 08:04 AM. Reason: I needed to pluralize shift to shiftS
The following 4 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Awd (12-19-2020), Mbourne (12-19-2020), otokar (05-10-2021), Ron McIntyre (02-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2020, 12:31 PM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Goes great with the yoga pants.

otokar (05-10-2021)
Old 12-31-2020, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

No, I did not buy this “wrapped-and-ready-for the-holidays” stunning F-Type...

...but I did receive this wonderful key-chain and pen (which I never received when I bought my car over 6 years ago)...

...until now.

And you wonder why I LOVE my dealer. You can stop wondering. (And to think I just stopped briefly into Jaguar Land Rover, Scarborough, ME on my way to picking up Lobster Cantonese—as well as other delectable dishes which will go beautifully with the Dom Perignon Luminous Champagne we’ll be drinking to bring in the New Year).

Never mind that the General Manager Ron gifted me a fantastic original painting—just my style—he saw, thought of me, and bought! Crazy.

Speaking of my dealership—ATTENTION New Englanders—the Goodwin Motor Group (the owners of Jaguar Land Rover, Scarborough, ME) informed me that they just purchased a Jaguar franchise in Bedford, New Hampshire (the old Exeter Jaguar; so the location has changed). How awesome is that? Just like my dealership.

Healthy & Happy 2021 to us all.

Jay

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-31-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

And you wonder why I LOVE my dealer. You can stop wondering. (And to think I just stopped briefly into Jaguar Land Rover, Scarborough, ME on my way to picking up Lobster Cantonese—as well as other delectable dishes which will go beautifully with the Dom Perignon Luminous Champagne we’ll be drinking to bring in the New Year).
My celebration will be more humble. I've got some poc chuc on the grill, and after dinner will be having a champagne cocktail (Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noirs) and Leonidas chocolates.

I'll be drinking to that. Cheers, everyone!

Mbourne (01-01-2021)
Old 12-31-2020, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

No, I did not buy this “wrapped-and-ready-for the-holidays” stunning F-Type...

...but I did receive this wonderful key-chain and pen (which I never received when I bought my car over 6 years ago)...

...until now.

Never mind that the General Manager Ron gifted me a fantastic original painting—just my style—he saw, thought of me, and bought! Crazy.

Speaking of my dealership—ATTENTION New Englanders—the Goodwin Motor Group (the owners of Jaguar Land Rover, Scarborough, ME) informed me that they just purchased a Jaguar franchise in Bedford, New Hampshire (the old Exeter Jaguar; so the location has changed). How awesome is that? Just like my dealership.

Jay
They didn't actually purchase Jaguar Exeter but they are the dealer in New Hampshire. Derek Butts is the GM there & I can promise you he is a great guy. I have worked for him in the past as well as purchased cars from him.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:32 PM
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey... My recent purchase, as of Feb 8th is originally from Scarborough, ME. Do you think I can get one...!

Old 02-19-2021, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Marlow42
Hey... My recent purchase, as of Feb 8th is originally from Scarborough, ME. Do you think I can get one...!

First, congratulations on your purchase. Secondly, I assume Westchester as in Westchester County, NY? I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and then Manhattan and then bought a house in Pleasantville, NY in the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed community called Usonia. In other words, I am quite familiar with all things NY. (I even drove my father’s taxi while I went to college with stories I could write a book about). I digress. Sorry. From vast experience in car-buying over the years, I can tell you Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough is by far away the best dealership I’ve ever dealt with. And, unfortunately, I am an unpaid spokesperson although—witness the “employees-only” jacket—they treat me exceptionally well. Including some of the members of this forum who can attest to that when they venture up here attending any of the 6 events I’ve hosted.

And since two new F-Type Forum members are Maine-based, they too have and will experience the Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough “special treatment” difference.

All this is to say, no, you will not be getting a Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough jacket. (If it’s any consolation to you—although I doubt it will be—I no longer “possess” that jacket since my wife confiscated it).

Far more importantly than that or any jacket—and I assume you will agree with me—is congratulations on owning and driving such a magnificent car.

🙏

P.S. While this last event was most likely my last event, I bet if you ever venture up here Ron—the GM, my friend—and the newest Jaguar Forums member would provide you with a pen and key chain set (not that I want to put words in Ron’s mouth) and maybe even a gorgeous metal dealer emblem? I’ve never ever had any dealer emblem of any kind on any of my vehicles but this is quite a different story.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 02-19-2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:49 PM

That's the right Westchester. I was joshing somewhat about the jacket, excellent thou it looks. No wonder your better half has taken control of it...
Had a couple of modern Jags of the last few years with good and indifferent dealers. Luckily, my '66 E-Type and current '66 S-Type I can look after myself without the need for mechanics assistance, so far.
When it stops snowing I will certainly be making the most of the new arrival. JCSNE (Jag Club Southern New England) have Jags & Java this Saturday so hoping to take join them for a socially distant coffee.
Stay safe...

Old 02-19-2021, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

I went in after I bought my F-Type, and wanted a Coffee mug. The sales agent was kind enough to sell me one, at retail price. I do not use him any more.

Old 02-19-2021, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

All this is to say, no, you will not be getting a Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough jacket. (If it’s any consolation to you—although I doubt it will be—I no longer “possess” that jacket since my wife confiscated it).
Perhaps there's some sort of transitive property of ownership. If she possesses both you and the jacket, you're at least "brothers in thralldom". In any case, I'm sure it looks better on her.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member

And you wonder...

...why I love...

...my Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough dealership.

A gift from the Parts Manager!

The following 3 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Mbourne (05-01-2021), scm (05-01-2021), Thunder Dump (05-01-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 02:34 PM
Received 440 Likes on 236 Posts
Old 05-01-2021, 02:48 PM

And you wonder...

...why I love...

...my Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough dealership.

A gift from the Parts Manager!
Oh come on.... Be serious. Really!!! I'm moving to be near you. As of Monday I'll both Jags at Fairfield Jag (F-Type with flat battery issue they can't get their head around and XF Sportbrake, rear wheel stud broken off) for repair and not a hint of any such favors.

How do you do it? Am I supposed to bring flowers, chocolates, beer, donuts or something when I turn up at service?

Old 05-01-2021, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

Sweet! I have a good relationship with my dealer but expect that there are others that spend two orders of magnitude more there than I do.

Quick Reply: Yeah, But Does Your Dealer Do This?