Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You ever dream about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts
Default You ever dream about your car?

I used to say "I don't dream". We all dream endlessly, it's whether we remember them. So... I don't remember my dreams too often, but in the last year I constantly remember my dreams involving the F-Type. I was going to start this thread as a true story, but it's way WAY too surreal for anyone to get through without saying "what the heck???"

Tl;DR - do you dream about your car? I do all the time. Small damage. Fun drives. Weird physics. ALL THE TIME. I can't remember any other dreams ever, that aren't reliving my desert arts festival days (LOL). But the amount of dreams I remember about this car is fascinating, and I can't be the only one. You are likely to remember dreams about the most important things in your life, so one might assume this is important to me.

So here's last night......

I was speeding, and accelerating, into a corner (I do not do this) WAY too hard (Like that UK auto safety commercial where all the kids get hit by that rolling car? I can link it later but it's AWFUL and so bad it became an even worse meme on reddit)... to go get gas. I am in a bizarre urban setting, driving 60 in a 25mph (I do not do this), and I can feel the physics of the car beginning to flip. The place is crowded, more suburban but with endless people *everywhere*.

As I am grinding into the station the car flips, passes through a median of trees, and passes impossibly by two dozen people to come to a peaceful and surprisingly silent rest at the bottom of a ravine next to a waterpark without any water (yeah... dreams). The park was popular, and a bunch of people took note of the car, bemused. How am I standing outside my car after it flipped? No idea.

I am actually not bad at lucid dreaming, and it is moments like this I usually can wake up a bit in the dream, and tell myself "this is a dream" and I can have fun and have intent and control within it. Not this time.

So I finally get around the tree filled median to the damn wreck, and I've got to walk down a cement slide to see it in vibrating in the air, in a tree. No sound, no drama. Just a pristine F-Type in a tree, humming, in a celestial not mechanical way.

I work my way back to the scene of the flip, and of course my wife is standing there, worried but not angry. Supportive and concerned, but no panic. Super wife (this would be the real world reaction too, probably). We go into "our" house, or better to say a house I have never been to in my life, where I knew the layout, etc. My "not house".

I use a 1987 cordless phone to call the police, and hear two young guys talking about girls. I realize I left the phone on and my friends are still talking, so I have to press "flash" and it gives me a dialtone, and then I call. The level of specificity and reality here was too much. I was in a sun room of my "not house" and there were doilies and trees and it felt like home. Maybe a vestigial memory of my grandmother's house.

Then I hang up because I am not sure the police should be called for a pristine F-Type in a tree, where no one was hurt. I start figuring a tow company could handle this, but they would need a crane, and thousands of people like ants at a "cement non-water park" (could be a skate park from youth) would be in the way, so I just start to panic, a bit. It is literally, in dream, shock. My pop walks in and is like "yeah, you need to be a bit more calm if you want to figure this out...."

Next time I walk down to the car.... it is in a concrete loading dock steep embankment. It is fine. There is some leaking fluid, but I can't smell it. It's water? The car is on two wheels over a driveway loading dock thingy, and no damage. I end up going back to call the tow truck, and from the window of my "not house", and notice it is TORN APART on the top, and I am trying to figure out how I missed the damage. Then I look back out when they ask "how is it placed", and I notice it was *right*by the front of the "non-water park".

Okay... whatever. I am exhausted and tired from my 30 second dream that was 5 dream hours. I am usually REALLY GOOD at realizing it's a dream. But this time, I was taken for the proverbial ride. I am also a far better surrealist and writer, but I haven't had coffee and have learned you need to get rudimentary points of a dream down or it disappears fully. I should expand on this later, but this is totally fine, and already TL;DR. lol

SO... you ever dream about your car?

Old 08-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Don't try to save money on therapy...seek immediate help. lol

Old 08-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

At the risk of revealing to many of my psychosis, I do dream about my car, actually have had dreams about all of them. In any car dream i have I'm driving around a corner too fast and before i crash, i find myself picking up my car under one arm and making sure i don't flip and get around the corner. That happens almost every time when i have a car dream. Guess I must actually own a miata since there is no way I'm lifting my Ftype

Old 08-23-2016, 05:57 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

You guys must not write proposals for a living. What is the sleep thing that you speak of?

Old 08-23-2016, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogbreath!
You guys must not write proposals for a living. What is the sleep thing that you speak of?
funny you should say that I have 6 proposals in progress right now.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

No.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
At the risk of revealing to many of my psychosis, I do dream about my car, actually have had dreams about all of them. In any car dream i have I'm driving around a corner too fast and before i crash, i find myself picking up my car under one arm and making sure i don't flip and get around the corner. That happens almost every time when i have a car dream. Guess I must actually own a miata since there is no way I'm lifting my Ftype
Interesting stuff going on here: I have never dreamed about crashing (even though I flipped a race car at Nelson Ledges several years back). However,, I have dreamed about getting enough lift on the car to start looking for the altimeter. My first car nightmares as a kid involved driving around an under-powered car, a horror that later played itself out in real life all too often. NEVERMORE!

Old 08-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Interesting stuff going on here: I have never dreamed about crashing (even though I flipped a race car at Nelson Ledges several years back). However,, I have dreamed about getting enough lift on the car to start looking for the altimeter. My first car nightmares as a kid involved driving around an under-powered car, a horror that later played itself out in real life all too often. NEVERMORE!
I liked his dream too, namely that it was more succinct.

I never realized how dangerous lack of power was, until this car. My last one feels sorta like a death trap now.